The Egytpt Iroquois War

Meanwhile in Thebes.

Agent Ardent was drinking his third cup of the day and smoking his 15th cigarette. Still no leads on the mysterious wolf or even his mission. Was it grand sabotage like the mission Ardent led against the Iroquois. Or something more sinister. Egypt had nuclear weapons now. Could he try to sabotage one and blow up a city. Ardent had ensured that massive military security surrounded all nukes and projects of national importance. But the Wolf was on the loose and that would not do.

"Boss - phone call its important" called the desk officer.

"Ardent here, who is this?"

"Chief Inspector Xochic, Cairo police. We have a suspect who has shot a traffic officer and a civilian. He used an automatic with a subsonic round which smells like a silencer to me, and only a spy is likely to use one of those."

"You got my attention. Now it is of vital importance that we neutralize this man. Shoot if there is any question of him escaping. Arm your men with submachine guns and borrow some good infantrymen from the army to accompany them."

"Already done and I've ordered road blocks on all roads 300 km from the murder scenes backed up by Mechanized Infantry. I've also deployed infantry in case he tries to escape by foot and police and infantry at all railway stations. There is no way this scumbag is going to escape my net. I am detaining all single men remotely matching the description you gave me and searching all cars for weapons and explosives." said the Inspector.

"Good. I'll come down and join you as soon as I can get a plane." said Ardent.

In Paris.

Joan of Arc marched into the cabinet room. All her ministers had their fists raised in the Fascist salute.

"Sit down. General De Gaulle you have a lot to answer for. The Egyptians have taken three core cities in a week and have not lost a single unit in doing so. This is a disgrace! Your men aren't fighting. I will give you until 6 pm to do the honourable thing or I will put you on trial for treason."

Bravely de Gaulle stood.

"My troops are subjected to massive ground and air barrages which sap their strength before Modern Armor crushes them. Give me 10 modern armor regiments and 10 artillery batteries and I will wipe out the invader."

"No I prefer that General Napoleon take over as Military Advisor. Perhaps I have been hasty, you may retire. You are an old man unused to modern war" said Fuhrer Joan charitably. "Does anyone have good news?"

"I do!" said science advisor Marie Curie. I switched our research from space flight to genetics and we are the only nation to possess the secret of genetics. We can trade this to Iroquois so we can get oil again and build tanks and planes. We can even trade it for peace with the Egyptians."

"If I may say something" said domestic advisor Marie Antoinette "we should build the Cure for Cancer to make the people happy after all the whipping......." her voice trailed off as the other ministers stared at her as if she had some disgusting skin disease.

"Foreign Advisor Petain, any ideas?" said Joan.

"Genetics is a juicy carrot. I'll see what the other bunnies in the world will give for it." said Petain.

"Very well this meeting is adjourned until after Petain's negotiations.

Hiawatha Joan

synthetic fibres genetics
oil dyes
world map
113 gpt
603 gold

Byzantines peace treaty for genetics
Indians peace treaty for genetics
Egypt refused to acknowledge envoy

The cabinet met again. Field Marshall de Gaulle was absent. In his place was a squat dark haired man.

"Ladies and Gentlemen I give you Field Marshall Napoleon who will lead our armies in this desparate hour against the communist horde"

Napoleon rose, placing his left hand in his black tunic. "Our success in war has been by attack and our defeats by being defensive. Egypt is using a massive stack of artillery which our troops refer to as Cleopatra's shotgun. Were we to defeat the two mechanized infantry units and two modern armor that guard it, we could take it for our own or at least destroy it. That will give our infantry a chance against their tanks. Our mistake in this war was to underestimate Egyptian resolve. They did not give up to the mighty Iroquois and fought them to a standstill on the Iroquois home continent. If we aren't aggressive now Egypt will squish us like a bug."

"So how do we attack? The Egyptians have 5 times as many cities and have Modern Armor while we have no tanks at all?" asked Jaques Chirac the trade advisor. "We have synthetic fibres but no aluminium or rubber so we can't even build tanks?"

"Simple. I will let the enemy take Chartres. Judging by past behaviour Egypt will move her artillery to grid 13 23 in order to shell Marseilles. There I will hit them using TOW infantry and our remaining cavalry. I estimate I need to throw at least 10 TOW infantry at them."

"But that will strip all our cities of their best defenders. We must think of the people" said Marie Antoinette aghast.

"If the war continues its present course there won't be a French people in a month" snapped Napoleon.

"Well that was productive. We proceed with Napoleon's plan. God save France." said Joan.

That night Jaques Chirac spent the night with a woman who was not his wife. Bella was an American journalist who loved his tales of his life in Joan of Arc's inner circle.

What he didn't know was Bella was Bel Chamblis, Egyptian secret agent and his words were sent by burst transmission to an Egyptian geostationary sattelite every morning.

Lieutenant Paneb leaned back in the cupola of his Chariot IFV. The sway of his vehicle was like riding a horse. His orders were to go and join the protection of the massive artillery battery that was laying waste to French city after French city. The regimental intelligence officer said there was a possibility of a French attempt to attack the battery.

"What with?" asked a skeptical Paneb. "The French have no more tanks and can't build any since we took out their rubber supply at the start of the war.

"I don't know, but France has replaced deGaulle with Napoleon who was a highly aggressive commander in the Aztec war. Our orders are clear. Our artillery must be protected at all costs."

Paneb's regiment would soon be in action again. Their last action was to wipe out the French cavalry regiment that murdered six labor batallions. That attack meant now the Cairo regiment had gone from being green conscripts to a professional outfit with veteran status.

Finally the unit passed through Chartres and two hours later crossed into French territory. Military police waved them into position. In the fading light Paneb saw artillery piece after artillery piece with trucks standing by loaded with shells.

Paneb dismounted and his men lined up automatically. "Right men. We are here to guard this patch of ground. I want a berm in front of each IFV, a foxhole for each rifle squad with a machine gun. We'll build a proper trench line tomorrow. Have a smoke, then get to work." The men grumbled. After spending 13 noisy smelly hours in a IFV they wanted chow and sleep.

Twenty minutes later Captain Mekmet, the batallion political officer arrived. Paneb missed the old chaplians. They promised a nice afterlife over the Styx for those guys that bought it, and didn't presume to offer military advice.

"Lieutenant Paneb, why are your men digging holes? They should be fed and rested now. The welfare of your men is your responsibility comrade Lieutenant."

"I am not prepared to leave my men in enemy territory without defences Comrade captain. This is a military matter not a political one."

The men had stopped working when the captain arrived. They resumed digging, a sign of support for their officer.

Meanwhile the captain sought through the dialectic as to whether digging defences took priority over workers rights and ran into the issue of whether a soldier was a worker as such. "As you were Lieutenant" was the best answer he could come up with.

On the road block.

Officer (Senior Constable) Nefertiti and Probationary Constable Aline looked at the squad of seven mechanized infantry soldiers and their massive chariot IFV. The 25 mm chain gun looked like a cannon. The driver and the gunner had slung sub machine guns and the other five including the Sergeant in charge of the squad had lethal looking automatic rifles, pistols and grenades. One private had a rocket launcher.

The men lined up beside the road. “What do you want us to do Madam. All our officer told us is that we are to help out on this road block.”

“Comrades of the People’s Army. We are trying to arrest a dangerous French spy. He has already murdered a police officer and is a major threat to the motherland. It is our duty to arrest him. Should he draw a weapon or attempt to escape when challenged you are free to shoot him. Aline hand out the photos.”

The junior officer handed each soldier a pair of photos. One was the photo from Reynard’s computer. The other was computer generated showing the man without his beard.

“Now comrades we will set up our roadblock on the highway from Cairo to Alexandria at the bridge over the Aswan river. How do you want to set up your men Sergeant?” asked Nefertiti offering him the map.”

“I will set the Chariot on the near side facing Alexandria so it can pursue any vehicle running the road block but train its weapons on the bridge. I will deploy a pair of men with a rocket launcher on the far side to intercept any vehicle that tries to back out of the roadblock. That means I can have a sniper opposite the Chariot and the corporal and I can help with the car searches.”

The police and soldiers drove for ten minutes and set up their road block. Everything went smoothly for two hours with no suspicious men except on very obvious drunk driver who was locked in the back of the police van and his car was parked off the side of the road. The police questioned the occupants of the vehicles while the soldiers searched their boots and baggage.

Then they stopped a white van. As the driver bore a resemblance to the photo the soldiers did a thorough search. The driver was a Byzantine named Spiro Poulakis and the van had Byzantine number plates.

“Hey Ma-am” called the corporal. “The back is full of furniture but the side panels are too thick – much thicker than my Dad’s van and it’s the same make.”
Constable Aline had a look and saw that the panel screwed in. The corporal had rushed to the IFV and fetched the tool box. In five minutes they had the panel off. Behind the wall cavity was full of brown paper parcels.

Nefertiti took one and opened it. Inside was a plastic bag full of white powder.
“Well Spiro. Are you going to tell me what this is or do I make you eat it.”
Spiro pretended not to understand Egyptian. The Sergeant obligingly translated. He had done some work on exchange with the Byzantine Army.
“I don’t know.” Said Spiro. “I am just hired to deliver furniture to Kotsopoulos Imports. This isn’t my van. I’ve never seen this powder before in my life. I swear by Queen Theodora.”

Meanwhile Constable Aline took the drug testing kit from the police car and was hard at work on a small sample. “Heroin. Very pure!” he announced.

This was the drug bust to end all drug busts thought Nefertiti. At least 10 million pounds street value. Drugs had always been a problem in Egypt that had ameliorated with communism. Comrade police had unlimited search powers coupled with forced labour for users and the death penalty for traffickers meant drugs were much less of a problem. Most people dealt with the drab regimented existence in Communist Egypt through the oblivion of the bottle.

“You are aware that drug trafficking carries the death penalty in Egypt.” Said Nefertiti, with barely concealed delight.

“But I am just a courier and they threatened my family. I can name names. Both here, and in Constantinople. But not before I see a lawyer.”

“You’ll answer all the ladies questions or I’ll gut you and throw you off the bridge” growled the Sergeant producing his bayonet. Spiro began his confession.

Behind the police a female voice asked “Can we go through.”

Nefertiti glanced at the red sports car being driven by two young women. She didn’t notice the figure fast asleep on the rear seat. “Go on comrades she said.”

The sports car took off with a squeal of rubber and “Le Loup” woke up.

“Ladies please drive more sedately. I need my sleep. Wake me when we get to Alexandria.”

The wolf had escaped the net.

Stupid drug dealers, always interfering with the real criminals that need catching! :crazy:

The Battle of Grid 13 23.

The 10 Egyptian artillery batteries plus 3 mechanized infantry regiments and two modern armor regiments ground their way up the hill at grid 13 23. This hill was in range of the French city of Marseilles. More modern armour raced to positions around Marseilles in preparation for the attack and to cut off reinforcements for the beleaguered city. Like Rheims and Chartes before, the artillery and then bombers would pound the defenders giving the Modern Armor easy victories, taking the city with minimal risk.

Military advisor Napoleon had other ideas. He stood on a platform as 10 TOW infantry regiments and France’s last Tank regiment lined up before him. There were also 3 cavalry regiments, the men holding the reins of their mounts. Loud speakers distributed through the multitude would relay his every word.

Cardinal DuChamps of Paris led the men in prayer and then spoke to them. “The Egyptians have abandoned their worship of the false gods of Ra and Horus and have resorted to atheistic communism. They have offended God and are now invading holy France forcing good French Christians to abandon Christ. Their beastly troops have murdered priests and raped nuns.”

Napoleon suppressed a smirk at the last remark. Throughout the war Egyptian troops had treated their captured civilians well, even building temples in captured cities. But atrocity stories made soldiers fight with more fury and civilians tolerate more deprivation so the new propaganda ministry invented them.

The Cardinal continued. “Any man who dies trying to liberate France from the godless invader shall have eternal life in Heaven with Jesus and the Saints and the Mother of God forevermore. Go and kill commies for Christ!”

The soldiers cheered and one idiot emptied the clip of an automatic rifle into the air.

Napoleon took the stage.
“Men our mission is of vital importance to the future of the French Reich. We are going to attack the massive Egyptian artillery battery and capture it. With this artillery we can then smash the invader and recapture our cities. I don’t pretend this battle will be easy. We face both Mechanized Infantry and Tanks but our TOW missiles are powerful enough to knock them out. We also face artillery bombardment before we even sight the enemy. Our 4th Tank regiment will lead the attack followed by the TOW regiments. Finally our Cavalry will mop up their infantry. Look at the man to your left and to your right. When this day is done one of them will be dead. But the future of France depends on this one battle. Fight with all your courage.”

“For France! For Fuhrer! For God!” yelled Napoleon. There was a massive chant of “For France! For Fuhrer! For God!” from the men that only stopped when the engines of the tanks roared into life.

“Lieutenant French tanks coming!” called the runner. Lieutenant Paneb clambered out of the hatch and climbed onto the roof of his chariot IFV. He took out his binoculars. Tell tale plumes of dust and leading to the tall tanks of the French army. Still 5 km away.

“Sound the alert!” he yelled. His driver pressed the horn of the IFV in bursts of three. The infantry squads raced to Paneb along with Sergeant Papyrus, their artillery liaison officer.

“Sergeant call down some arty on those tanks” ordered Paneb. The Sergeant and his radio operator climbed on the roof of the Chariot and began reeling off coordinates.

“Infantry I want a four man foxhole either side of each chariot. Make a berm in front of the chariot with the dirt. In each foxhole I want at least one RPG8 launcher and a machine gun in every second one. Those tanks will have infantry with them. Get digging!”

There was a screeching sound overhead and 5 seconds later the thunder of explosions. The platoon did not notice, being busy digging. They missed the sight of three French tanks being destroyed by direct hits. Meanwhile Paneb was on the phone to regimental HQ. He was told to hold his position at all costs.

“Hey LT there’s infantry following those tanks. The Arty’s doing a real number on them!” called the sergeant.

Paneb waved an acknowledgement and set to work with one squad on their foxhole. He could direct the engagement better there than in a Chariot and would be less of a target. Besides, his gunners could operate the missiles and cannon better than he could. He took his personal SLR rifle and five clips of ammunition. Then he ordered all his infantry to take all weapons and ammunition out of the chariots. They would be the tank’s first target.

The sound of silence alerted him. The tanks were now only 2 km distant and the artillery guns could not depress enough to engage them without blowing away their defenders. Paneb lay in the shallow foxhole with his radio man, a machine gunner and three riflemen, one of whom had an RPG8 launcher. There was a whoosh to the left and a streak of light shot towards the enemy. Paneb was about to chide his Chariot gunner for breaking fire discipline when he saw the missile impact on a tank. Men baled out and started running away. The machine gunner fired a burst at them until Paneb screamed “Cease fire. Save your ammo for their infantry.”

The tank still had not fired. The effective range of their 90 mm cannon was 700 metres so they crawled on up the hill. Missiles from a Chariot had a range of 2 km so the gunners had a field day. For the six minutes it took the tanks to get in range they were picked off one by one. When Paneb heard the crack of the first French tank cannon he estimated that half of the tanks in view were destroyed or disabled.

Then there was a massive bang and the whine of shrapnel overhead. Paneb’s personal Chariot IFV had taken a direct hit on the turret. There was a popping noise as the 25 mm ammo cooked off. The driver dived out of the door aflame. One of the riflemen jumped out of the foxhole and threw a woollen blanket over the unfortunate driver. In a crackle of machine gun fire he was thrown back dead. The tank that killed him was only 100 metres away.

There was a whoosh to Paneb’s right. The private had fired his RPG8 and hit the tank in the turret. The tank stopped and the driver jumped out. Paneb shot him without a second thought. Two more tanks came on and another chariot was destroyed. Then the infantry destroyed them with a hail of RPG8’s.

“Sir three squad’s hole took a hit from a tank round. Sergeant Quonset says he’s wounded in the legs and three men are dead”

Seeing no enemy tanks still functioning Paneb ordered two riflemen to evacuate the wounded to the rear. Then there was the clank of tank treads and the familiar whine of Egyptian MBT’s.

“Lieutenant, we are from the 23rd Modern Armor, we’ll take the next attack. You Mech guys did real good.”

The two surviving IFVs withdrew and the destroyed ones were towed out of the way by tanks which then took up their positions. Then Paneb decided to stay with the rest of the dismounted infantry between the tanks.

“Lieutenant we have enemy infantry coming, looks like TOW infantry!” called the artillery observer.

The battle for hill 13 23 had only just begun.

Agent Ardent of the EIA took over an office next to Commissioner Quonset. It was the biggest manhunt in Egyptian history. For 55 hours the cordon around the site of the police murder had searched every vehicle. Now pairs of police from Thebes and Alexandria backed up by soldiers conducted a search of every building inside the cordon. Faced with such manpower surely the wolf would be caught.

Ardent was taking a nap when he was woken by Commisioner Quonset.

“We have a break. Near the police car is a dead civilian whom his wife has identified. He was driving a red cheetah sports car 1894 model number plate RBT486Q. We presume the wolf killed him and took the car. We have a report from the Alexandria road block that a car like that was allowed through the road block. Apparently it was being driven by two women so the Wolf must have been hiding in the back. I’ve thrown a cordon around Alexandria and issued an all points bulletin for the Wolf and that car.”

“Good” said Ardent. “Lets get to Alexandria”.

Meanwhile The wolf, having dropped the hitchhikers at a back packer’s hostel was wondering what to do. The car was compromised. Surely one of the girls would talk. So how to get to Thebes. Either he stole another vehicle but risked the theft being reported – or he took the train. And he would have to change his appearance. There was a shopping centre to the left. He parked the car in the deepest part of the car park and deliberately left the keys in the ignition. Hopefully some young punk would take it for a joy ride and cause confusion. Then he took an overnight bag and his crutch.

Then he went to a chemist and bought some blonde hair dye and a shower cap. There was a wanted poster showing his face but the image was blurry. He went to the toilet of Pyramid burgers and suddenly realized how hungry he was. In the toilet he shaved and used the hair dye. The shower cap allowed him to soak his hair for the recommended time. Being a typical fast food joint, nobody noticed his changed appearance. He settled down to a Sphinx Burger meal – he hadn’t eaten for 30 hours. Then he had another one.

Then the wolf left the shopping centre and took a bus to the train station. There was a train for Thebes in two hours and one for Memphis in 20 minutes. The wolf chose the Memphis train. Less obvious and it would take him close to Thebes. He paid for a first class ticket and boarded.

Meanwhile Agent Ardent and Commissioner Quonset were interviewing two tearful young women. “If he was a murderer and a French spy we never would have let him give us a ride. But he was so polite. He didn’t even make a pass at us. We’re not in trouble are we?”

“If you cooperate fully and help us capture him there will be no charges” said Ardent. “Now the police artist will interview you. “

Meanwhile in the gathering dark the driver of the train to Memphis saw a light flashing on the track. He braked and allowed the train to creep forward until he could make out the lines of a main battle tank on the track. He stopped the train. Then he could see tanks ranged either side of the train. A group of soldiers and police approached.

“There is a dangerous criminal loose. We need to search the train.” Said a police officer. Police accompanied by soldiers boarded. Meanwhile the Wolf rushed to the toilet. He opened the cistern and dumped the pistol and his spare identities and closed the lid. He felt naked without a gun – but with that many cops and soldiers he had no hope in a shootout. The sergeant Paneb ID was the only one he kept as it was closest to his current appearance. He left the toilet and was intercepted by two police officers and led to his compartment.

There he showed the police officer his ID. “Sergeant Paneb, if that is your real name. This photo looks nothing like you and you look like the man we are hunting. Search his bag.” A police officer went through his single pack but there was nothing incriminating in it.

The old lady sitting opposite him said “Officer that man has a crutch and he might have dumped something in the toilet!” The police sergeant used his radio to call in more police. He had the soldiers cuff Mitterand. Then he took the crutch. It was suspiciously heavy. He unscrewed the shaft of the crutch. There was something heavy inside. It was the breech and barrel of a small calibre rifle, and a telescopic sight. An assassins rifle.

Then a police woman came in. We found these ID papers and a silenced handgun in the toilet. One of them is the ID of that poor bank manager who was killed. And this must be the murder weapon.

“What is your real name Wolf?” asked the police sergeant. “I am Francois Mitterand and I am a French secret agent. Do what you will with me.”

The wolf was caught.

Lieutenant Paneb evaluated his platoon's resources. After beating off attacks from a tank regiment and two TOW infantry units, he had half his platoon dead or too badly wounded to fight. Worse still ammo was low and the chariot IFVs were all destroyed. Finally the other mech regiment and two modern armor regiments were totally destroyed. Paneb's regiment and one of modern armor were all that stood between the French and twelve artillery batteries.

Paneb sent four men foward during the lull in fighting to grab French rifles and ammunition. Unfortunately French ammo was larger calibre and could not be fired from Egyptian weapons. They could be seen scrambling back to the trench. "French Cav" called Private Aswan. Sure enough pink jacketed men on horseback were charging up the hill.

"Shoot the horses at 100 metres and any man who gets within 50. Make every bullet count." screamed Paneb at his men. All the men lay in their foxholes taking careful aim. The French charged with their carbines flashing as they fired up the hill. Then a ragged volley of Egyptian fire cut down a third of the horses and their riders charged up the hill on foot. More horses and Frenchmen fell but some reached the foxhole next to Paneb's.

Modern bayonets were no match for sabres in a hand to hand battle. Soon the Egyptians were down. Paneb looked to his machine gunner but the man had taken a carbine round in the face. Paneb grabbed the heavy weapon and charged the French letting loose a hail of 7.62 mm rounds. His fire was accurate and screaming like banshees the remains of his squad followed him.

The surviving French ran back down the hill with Paneb brandishing the now empty machine gun as a club in hot pursuit. An unfortunate wounded French lieutenant rose to run and was viciously battered down by the maniac Egyptian. Paneb's run ended when he was tackled by Private Aswan. "Stop Sir, they are running. If you go any further they will kill you."

Meanwhile at the base of the hill Napoleon was fuming. "One unit and I sent four units to kill it and it survives. I have had enough of this cowardice and incompetence. General Toulon take your 23rd TOW infantry and take that hill. As for you General Roland, you and all your officers are demoted to private in the 44th conscript TOW, but you are expected to do the honourable thing."

"Sir Colonel Galland of the FSS is here! He says its urgent." called the orderly.

Galland marched in, wearing his black leather jacket and carrying his riding crop. He screamed "Hail Joan" as he saluted. Napoleon returned the salute.
"I am in the middle of a battle Colonel what is so urgent."

"Three Egyptian Modern Armor armies have landed from the sea 50 km from Paris. They will attack tommorrow. Every remaining TOW unit in your attack group must be redeployed to Paris immediately." barked the Colonel.

"No" said Napoleon. "If we take that artillery we can batter the enemy modern armor to half strength today. Instead of two TOW infantry we can have them and 13 artillery batteries to defend Paris. Pretend you came 20 minutes later and the 23rd TOW will take that artillery and we will have a force capable of defending Paris."

"The Fuher said you may think that way. Failure to comply will result in your immediate arrest for insubordination and treason and your immediate execution." growled Galland.

"Merde" said Napoleon. "Recall the 23rd TOW. I am needed in Paris tonight."

Meanwhile on the hill above exhausted Egyptian soldiers scoured the battlefield for wounded comrades and weapons as wounded Frenchmen made their way down the hill unmolested.

Idiot AI.... :crazy:

Revolt in Rheims.

Colonel Umet of the 54th Mechanized Infantry was not happy with his current posting. His unit was the only one guarding the captured French city of Rheims. The other mech and modern armor units were rushed foward to defend the artillery batteries that had only so recently almost been lost to a determined French counter attack.

At least the war should be over soon. Paris should fall today to Modern Armor armies. That would leave only three French cities. With the artillery meeting modern armor armies in 2 days it would take only a week to complete the obliteration of the French nation.

Umet had what was on paper a simple task. Keep the city in order and produce a library so the city had some Egyptian culture. But the French were revolting. Most banners read "Stop the Aggression Against our Mother Country." Some read "It is way too crowded" and even more saying "We cannot forget the cruel oppression you have borne down on us." Hardly fair, the forced labor was done by the French. You would think that six different luxuries should pacify the 13 hundred thousand citizens but some trigger happy bombardier had blown up the marketplace.

"Assign some more Entertainers" called Umet to his adjutant.

"But Sir that would place us in a food deficit and citizens will starve" said Major Tulok.

"Do it. If they are not working they don't deserve food. Cleopatra wants this city as a functioning part of the Egyptian Socialist Union. If some Froggies don't like that they can suffer."

Just then a breathless signals lieutenant rushed in. "We are under attack. All units report sniper fire and have fled to their vehicles. We have taken casualties."

Umet said "Our troops are the finest in the world. They should be able to deal with a few snipers. Give me the radio."

Umet took the radio phone. "First Platoon Report in."

"Sir this is corporal Quantz, The Lt is dead and we've lost two chariots to rocket fire. We are surrounded. the French have barricaded both ends of Chat Road and are closing in. We have 12 dead and 8 wounded. Request permission to surrender"

"Denied. Shoot everyone in sight armed or not. Try to break the barricade and report back to the governor's palace." said Umet.

He tried the other platoons and they were in similar situations. Third Platoon didn't reply at all. Mechanized Infantry were designed to fight in open spaces where they could use their missiles and 25 mm cannon. In an urban environent with an enemy firing anti tank rockets from buildings and deploying snipers and road side bombs they were in trouble. And the enemy strength seemed to be like two Tow regiments. Bad news.

For two hours the battle raged. Although the Egyptians fought bravely sheer weight of numbers told. Eventually they were forced into a last ditch stand around the Governor's mansion. With ammunition almost gone there was no choice. The mansion was surrounded and its open gardens were a perfect firing range for TOW missiles.

"Sir there is a message from the enemy" said the radio operator.

"Colonel Umet here. Who is speaking" said the Colonel.

"This is Colonel Satre of the new 43rd TOW. We have you surrounded. Surrender now and you will be well treated"

"Very well I will instruct my men to surrender" said Umet.

To the communications officer he said "Broadcast the surrender to our troops. But first they are to blow up all our Chariots and fuel and ammo. We don't want to create a French Mech Unit."

Meanwhile in Thebes Military Advisor Rameses sought an immediate audience with Cleopatra.

"Comrade General Secretary Rheims has culture flipped. I have delayed the attack on Marseilles for a day and detached the 13th and the 27th Modern Armor to retake the city. It shouldn't be hard, there will only be a TOW regiment guarding it."

"Very good" said Cleopatra. "But one more thing. When you retake Rheims burn it to the ground. I will tell the domestic advisor to build a settler unit to take the site."

13 hundred thousand citizens
That would be 1.3 million, wouldn't it?

I approve of the hard-line approach. Way to show no mercy, man! :sniper:

Top Bottom