The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Leonel

Breakfast Connoisseur
I'm rather surprised that there hasn't been a thread about this yet, considering the length of the Morrowind thread!

Anyway, Oblivion is finally coming to a PC and XBox 360 near you on March 20! However the system requirements are rather hefty!

Recommended:
3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
1 GB System RAM
ATI X800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

Minimum System Requirements:
Windows XP¹
512MB System RAM
2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
128MB Direct3D compatible video card and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;
8x DVD-ROM drive
4.6 GB free hard disk space
DirectX 9.0c (included)
DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
Keyboard, Mouse

Supported Video Card Chipsets:
ATI X1900 series
ATI X1800 series
ATI X1600 series
ATI X1300 series
ATI X850 series
ATI x800 series
ATI x700 series
ATI x600 series
ATI Radeon 9800 series
ATI Radeon 9700 series
ATI Radeon 9600 series
ATI Radeon 9500 series
NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series
NVIDIA GeForce FX series
¹ Windows 2000 is currently being tested. Bethesda Softworks will let us know if it passes or not.

If you're unsure if your system will be able to handle Oblivion or not, feel free to test your hardware at the System Requirements Lab (http://www.srtest.com/referrer/srtest) and see if you meet the requirements. Be sure to pick The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in the gamelist. There has been reports of instability - so run at your own risk, and the processor value may be inaccurate. So feel free to ask in this forum if you have any questions, while posting your full specs.

Obviously my Duron 1300 with 384mb of RAM and a Radeon 9000 can't cut it. Heck it even had a hard time doing Morrowind! So I decided to do the Big Upgrade! :D But myself being an Athlon kind of guy, there were no 3ghz Athlon that I could see! But fear not! There is a thread dedicated to that;

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=261603(second post)

This thread greadly influenced as to what upgrades I should get and I bought upgrades to meet the recommended requirements. (plus a video card that is classified in the thread's "high end" list :D)

Well *I* sure am excited about Oblivion after looking at various threads and buying parts! Are YOU? ;)

(Official Gamesite)
http://www.elderscrolls.com/home/home.htm

:woohoo:

But my 6 mth old pc just met the recommended specs, hopefully it can cope with it.

Thanks for the thread, the old one just die off after the game got delayed.

leonel said:
Well *I* sure am excited about Oblivion after looking at various threads and buying parts! Are YOU? ;)

I can't wait!!! :bounce:

I also have a 6-month old comp. that probably won't be able to run this thing as well as I'd like. I decided I'll install the game first and see how things go, and then if I need to I can upgrade the video card, add RAM, or whatever else I think I might need to do.

I've been reading the forum on the official site quite a bit as well, and I'm convinced the game should at least run for me. But when I see those stunning screenshots and trailer videos, I don't think I'll be able to go for very long if my computer can't come close.

It's funny, I didn't play Morrowind for the longest time because it just didn't sound that interesting to me. Then I saw it in the bargain bin for $5, and I thought, why not, it's just five bucks. And now I've been eagerly awaiting the sequel for months! I

There is only one word in the english language that shows my emotions: W00T!

Also, I've announced in the Morrowind thread about the relese date. I am sure this will become the official Oblivion thread after release.

And there's only two things I think about the graphics: :drool: :yumyum:

I might JUST be able to run it. My laptop would have a slightly better chance though. I think it will soon be time for a massive upgrade on my part.

My PC shld be able to run it, barely. If not, upping the video card shld do the trick.

Though I'll adopt a wait-and-see attitude first, since I'm not really into gaming much these days... :ack:

Ultima Dragoon said:
Also, I've announced in the Morrowind thread about the relese date. I am sure this will become the official Oblivion thread after release.

Awesome. My first official thread. :D

I'm just worried that Oblivion will be as relatively unfunctional as [civ4] was. Fortunately bethesda does a good job at sctripting and coding.

Woo! I just got my brand new computer with an Athlon 64 +3200 cpu, one gig of memory and an NVidia 6800GT! I sure as heck am ready for Oblivion! :D :D :D And it's hella quiet! My tv isn't turned up to an astounding volume and the CPU remains around 40c!

Grohan said:
Bethesda delayed Oblivion to fix bugs so I guess that Oblivion is more bug-free than Civ4 was (or at least I hope so).

*phew*

Bethesda is a really good company like that.

Good, I'd rather have a game delayed than be buggy. Especialy in a game like Oblivion. Three days left. I am not going to buy it until July though as I need to get a new computer first (specifics of which I am still hammering it out with the techies in the Computer forum) and I have Urinetown the musical practices and shows next month plus I have math, spanish, biology and socials this semester.

I'm gonna have to just lock myself away from the world for another 2 or so weeks since I can't get it :( My dad won't get my computer parts until my report card in April and only if I do really good :sad:

I just don't want the game spoiled for me in any way.

There is no way Oblivion can be good enough to make me invest the hundrets of bucks needed to get it to run at decent specs... Or is there? :mischief:

I definitely wil buy it, but at a later time when I have time to play.

This game is going to be a really big hit for sure...

Till said:
There is no way Oblivion can be good enough to make me invest the hundrets of bucks needed to get it to run at decent specs... Or is there? :mischief:

I've seen a couple of tidbits floating around that it actually might be slightly less demanding than a lot of people had expected, but nobody really knows yet. Regardless, it will obviously push most people's systems.

I'm hoping I won't have too much trouble. I doubt I have much of a prayer of getting it to run at high settings for more than 5 seconds. If I can get it to run well at medium I'll be happy, then I can safely lock the door to my room and spend the next month or so in here! :D

Also,

I found a link for this site on the official forums: http://www.srtest.com/referrer/srtest

which should give you some idea of how well the game should run. It's based on the official game specs (since the game isn't actually out yet, they can't test it themselves). Just select the game from the menu on the left.

Top Bottom