#debates room
! Bootstoots
! CivGeneral (Mara_Jade)
@ Falcon02
@ Curufinue
@ Chieftess
% ChairmanYang
% Peri

code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Key: | ! = Aop | @ = Reg Op | % = Halfop | + = Voiced |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Election Cycle Staff
CivGeneral
Peri (Debates Questonare)
Bootstoots

There would be more possitions if I can think of any

Current Government Offices as determaned by the consitution

President
Minister of Internal Affairs
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Minister of Defense
Minister of Labor and Finance
Minister of Trade and Technology
Governor of Berry Province
At-Large Governor (top two elected)
Judiciary (one combined poll for all judicial positions, with the first place candidate becoming CJ and the second and third place candidates becoming AJ's)

Current Election Cycle:

24th May - Nominations Beguins
24th May - Debates beguin
27th May - Nominations/Debates ends | Elections beguin
30th May - Elections Ends
1st June - New Term Beguins

Note: The time that these will be held is midnight GMT on the respective days. For instance, nominations will open on 23 February at 0:00 GMT (7:00 PM EST on the 22nd)

If anybody has any corrections to make, feel free to post them. I'll be doing a check of this schedule to see if it conforms to our rules.

Christmas Special

Nominations will be open today at 0:00 GMT
Polls to be determaned
All Polls will close on New Years Eve/day at 0:00 GMT 2004

CG,

Thanks for getting the threads created - completely had forgetten about 'em! However, please review the nomination threads to ensure both the correct offices and titles are used.

Also, could you also participate in the Election process thread? If you are the Election Office, your input would be appreciated.

Link to ratified Article D

Link to ratified Article F

Thanks!
-- Ravensfire

At the risk of offending some, I must report that the first official acts of the Election Office have been bungled.

There should only be four positions in the Executive Council (Internal Affairs, Foreign Affairs, Military and Trade & Technology). Your nominations threads are inconsistent with this structure and are essentially illegal.

Originally posted by FortyJ
At the risk of offending some, I must report that the first official acts of the Election Office have been bungled.

There should only be four positions in the Executive Council (Internal Affairs, Foreign Affairs, Military and Trade & Technology). Your nominations threads are inconsistent with this structure and are essentially illegal.

I am offended. The Nominations are not illegal

Originally posted by CivGeneral

With respect to your efforts CG, and trust me, they are appreciated, there are problems with the nomination threads.

First, as per the ratified Constitutional Article D (Executive Branch), there should be threads for the following offices:
  • President (got this one!)
  • Minister of Internal Affairs (labeled Domestic)
  • Minister of Defense (labeled Military)
  • Minister of Foreign Affairs (labeled Foreign Affairs)
  • Minister of Trade and Technology (split into two offices)

Second, as per the ratified Constitutional Article F (Judicial Branch), we have a Chief Justice and 2 Associate Justices. We no longer have a Judge Advocate and a Public Defender. The election process for the Judicial is currently vague, and unknown. Three proposals currently exist - one election, top three are elected. One election for each office. Once election for CJ, one election of AJ's, top 2 are elected.

CG, many of us completely forgot about the nominations. There are a great many changes that have happened, we just need to make sure we correct any mistakes that are found, and keep going.

Please let me know if you need any help.

-- Ravensfire

Originally posted by ravensfire
Please let me know if you need any help.

Yeah, I already sent a PM to you requesting to pop into #civfanatics ;)

Originally posted by CivGeneral
Now you're just being obtuse. The fact is that the nominations threads are inconsistent with the newly approved structure of our government. How does the Elections Office intend to rectify this situation?

40J,

I would note that they have gone through the threads posting corrections, and have posted in Needed Things (hmmm, Steven King fan must have created that!) to change threads as needed.

Eventually they did the right thing and corrected the problem. It just took some prodding.

-- Ravensfire

Then I stand corrected. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I wish that had been posted earlier, so I could have avoided sticking my foot in my mouth. ;)

Kudos to all those involved with the quick resolution to this issue.

Are we having 2 seperate elections for the Associate Justices positions or 1 election in which the 2 top vote getters win positions?

I'd like to suggest a nomination tracker be opened. I would do so myself but others did such a good job last game that it would seem best to give them a chance to continue this valuable service. :D

Originally posted by Stuck_As_a_Mac
When do Noms end and polls go up?

I have sent a PM to DZ asking when since apperently he wants to take advantage of the Holiday season

CG, go ahead and start the elections tonite at 7pm EST. I think that would closest match our upcoming laws.

As you are probably aware, there is a Judicial Review being conducting concerning the recent election. The input of the Election Office would be a valuable addition to the debate.

Thanks,
-- Ravensfire

Top Bottom