The Elitist Higher Difficulty Discussion Thread

Konker

Chieftain
This thread is meant solely for the discussion of strategies relating to achieving victory in the higher difficulty (Immortal-Deity) games of Civilization V. For the sake of balanced results and the utmost effective strategy, mods are to be disabled, and no gimmick strategies are to discussed. If your strategy requires regenerating the map until you have an optimal starting location, nobody cares. KEEP THE DISCUSSION ON TOPIC.

Welcome to the Elitists' Den. We have only the finest luxuries available to man and our wine flows as freely as the rivers of gold across our empires. All of this is available to you, so long as you remember the code of the Elite.

The Code:

1. Cheating is not permitted. Our foes, the AI, cheat. We do not. Modding is against the code, regenerating is against the code, changing the game rules to ridiculous measures is against the code. Use your discretion in regard to all of this.

2. Gimmicks are not permitted. Anyone can win an unfair fight. The AI does, we don't. We survive unrelenting adversaries and topple the opposition with methods so fair, it brings fear to the hearts of our opponents. If you can't win a fair fight, you can't win one at all.

3. Do not overstay your welcome. We, at the Den, are most gracious hosts. We provide a forum for your thought and an audience for your tales of conquest. Abusing our attention is against the code.

4. Fighting is not permitted. Insulting other Elitists' strategies without basis is against the code. Inversely, provoking our guests' fury with your mundane and useless strategies is against the code. If you want to argue and bicker, take it outside the Den.

5. Only Elitists are allowed in. If you have a very good strategy that works very, very well on King, Prince, or Emperor, we applaud you; however, strategies untested on Immortal or Deity are not permitted. If you propose a strategy and are criticized for it, take it like a man and learn from your mistakes. Elitists are always willing to accept criticism. Refer to Rule 4 for questions.

6. All Elitists must follow the Code. Violators will be asked to leave the Den.

Formatting:

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR ORGANIZATIONAL PURPOSES.

All submitted strategies must follow the following formatting:

Code:
Difficulty
Civilization
[General] Victory Focus
Standard Settings
Advanced Settings, if applicable

Strategy, in detail.

Example:

Code:
Deity
Japanese Empire
Diplomatic Focus
Standard Continents. Standard Time pace.
Disabled Start Bias, Random Personalities.

*Extensive Strategy Description*

Multiplayer and Online Play:

To be established following a hotfix or patch.

External Links:

To be established. Suggestions are welcome via Private Message.

Welcome:

Welcome all new guests. Discussion is highly encouraged, this means suggestions and criticisms. Do not be shy here at the Den, for your opinions are what allows us to thrive. Please follow the formatting rules and use proper grammar and spelling to the best of your ability. Join us in our pursuit to become the greatest Civilization players in the world and foster your own Elitism.

Well right now the game is pretty borked, high level games are too easy. Go get a mod that makes the A.I. withstand horsemen :)

Search the forum, there's been a dozen of Deity threads already.

I enjoyed this humour post. If it was seriously even more so.

If humor, quality troll.

If serious, then I refer you back to the OP:
5. Only Elitists are allowed in. If you have a very good strategy that works very, very well on King, Prince, or Emperor, we applaud you; however, strategies untested on Immortal or Deity are not permitted. If you propose a strategy and are criticized for it, take it like a man and learn from your mistakes. Elitists are always willing to accept criticism. Refer to Rule 4 for questions.

Emphasis added. The rules appear to have been lifted from a Calvin and Hobbes comic strip. If the reference is too old for you, look it up. It's worth your time.

If this is a joke its pretty funny, if its serious its the funniest thing I've seen in quite some time. Right now I can win diety purely by teaching my dog how to click the rush buy of horsemen or just clicking it more for more warriors, but thats too many dog treats better to go with horses.

Difficulty - Any
Civilization - Any
Victory Focus - Domination

Research military techs and build military units. Go down the honor tree. Befriend maritime city states in the beginning of the game. Attack the closest AI civ until no AI civs remain. Keeping happiness positive is not required if you want a faster win.

I wasnt even joking the combat AI is attrocious, negating any bonuses they get and with exploiting the diplomacy by selling then immediately declaring war I can get 2-3 more advanced units or 5 warriors from one luxury as soon as it is improved.
This gives me an near instant rush win over my closest neighbor every game guaranteed. From there its all down hill.

Pangaea is a steamroll.
Continents I just build frigates and win without casualties.
Until combat AI is improved I wont be playing any more domination games.

ITT: Lots of people saying deity is easy who probably haven't finished a deity game.

I play immortal.

From the screen shots I've seen about diety I wouldn't finish one if had the ability. It looks so tedious fighting AI that has every tile filled.

6. All Elitists must follow the Code. Violators will be asked to leave the Den.

I like pancakes, and using world builder to give myself nice starts. But mostly, the pancakes are the best bit.

I don't see why everyone is giving him a hard time. He's just trying to establish a forum where people can discuss non-exploitative strategies against the higher dif AI.

Top Bottom