1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Emperor has heard our prayers..

Discussion in 'Civ3 - WH40K Workshop' started by Stormrage, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Stormrage

Stormrage Ever Present Taskmaster

http://3dheretics.infinitedreamers.co.uk/downloads.php - courtesy of Antiochus.

Allright, you bastards, I want a roll-call, and I want it yesterday. This machine`s been stuck in mud for some time now, ever since Aaglo took some time off, Emperor bless his kind heart, he did tons of work, and deserves some rest. I believe tho, that he will be back.

LizardmenRule! is still MIA, hasn`t replied to my e-mail. He has the .biq. Thats a problem. He is also an active 40k player and fan, and his suggestions and advice are as precious as the .biq. Thats a big problem, right there.

But, we must not falter, we must not fail. I hereby pledge to startup Poser on Tuesday and start tinkering.

None of you reacted in the Unit Tournament, except the Dark Crusader, kudos to him, and I am very dissapointed.

Where are my team mates, where are my battle-brothers?

Stand forth if you will, and commit with me to this cause yet again, because this mod must not die out, yet again, if for no other reason than to prevent aaglo`s entusiasm and selfless help be in vain. But there are other reasons, and you know it. You should know it. We love the lore, the fluff of 40k, we love our game of Civ. Those two of our interests deserve to be joined. This mod deserves to be finished.

I have grabbed it from the cold clutches of murky shadows known as "Civ3 - Creation & Customization - beyond page 4" and will not let it slip back.

Who is with me?

2. Virote_Considon

Virote_Considon The Great Dictator

Count me in, although I dunno what use I can have at this point...

3. Quinzy

Quinzy Chieftain

This battle brother was out of town, off on an even smaller Island than the one he's on now.

He's here though, and ready to do what he can.

4. Stormrage

Well, lets see. Virote, you have skill with Poser. Try giving some of these a whirl? Just to see how usable they are? Also, since you have several scenarios under contruction, as I understand it, you then have the most experience with overall modding and converting the game, among us, or am I wrong? I know others had mentioned their projects, but your`s is the most exposed I guess. If Dave for whatever reason is unable to return, in say, another 2 months, would you mind picking up the .biq?

Quinn, I see your Poser is still K.O.-ed, but some of these vehicles could be used in Bryce? I especially like the way the rhinos, etc. look like older editions of miniature models, something Chaos Marines would use, you know, like literally older marks of tanks.
    Aaglo did an awesome job with chaos, but even more flavour between legions and chapters could not hurt. And we all know you are very good with tech icons.

I will seriously try to get into unit-making, those models above were just the motivation that I needed, perhaps even Leaderheads in the future.

If any of you guys that are lurking (the thread has quite a few number of people viewing it) can help out in anyway, like city lists, names for the Great Leaders, pictures that would be nice for Tech Icons, pictures of buildings (this is very important, I know Varwnos is willing to help, but he really needs pictures) please do, we need all the help we can get.

We need to get this thing into Beta, I believe our friends from the forum will then help out with city and building art, etc.

Thank you, everyone.

5. Stormrage

Sorry for the double post, but I just had to, this stuff is sick! :D

6. Quinzy

Quinzy Chieftain

I'll try my best with Bryce :D
    How about, Virote, if you convert storyboards to flics? I know that i'm hopeless at palettes and the like, it would be a nice help.

7. Virote_Considon

Sure, although I don't consider myself too good with palettes, neither :p

8. Stormrage

Well, I bet Swoggy could help you, IIRC he knows his stuff in that area..

9. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

Never fear! I'm back from busting my arse over exams (two on a saturday? the bastards :D) and im ready to get stuck back into poser over my break

btw, i didnt get an e-mail storm and those units are sublime!

10. Stormrage

You sneaky git! You got me worried, thought something happened to you.. With all the sharks, crocodiles, snakes and most fearsome of all, kangoroos around you..

Its great to see you again, Dave! They are not units, tho, they are just models.. but AFAIK they are rigged for Poser, mainly M3 I think. So no reusing Plotinus` javelin animations to throw chainswords around :cry:

11. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

You should probably send Storm a version of the biq everytime you update it. In that case it isn't lost if you actually get hit by a car or something.

12. utahjazz7

utahjazz7 Chieftain

@ Stormrage

I'm glad to see that you got your Space Marine model after all. It's not for the paperdoll specifically, but the proportions of the model look like it will fit well with the look of the paperdoll units.

13. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

Still, i see plenty in there that we need :)

Good idea, not that im planning on being hit by a car ;). Do you want just the biq, or all the folders and stuff as well?

14. Stormrage

I think it would be best if you could upload the whole thing, so we can just patch it up later on :)

15. mrtn

mrtn Shaven not stirred

It's always you, you, you, what about our plans?!

16. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

What can i say? i'm a selfish bastard! :D

17. jlvfr

jlvfr Chieftain

One small detail: the Leman Russ Exterminator should have sponsons and hull with heavy bolters. It's all those guns that make his fame has "rain of lead", "mob mower", "the reaper" etc..

18. Stormrage

Thanks for the info, jlvfr! Not sure if we are going to use some of those models, tho.

What say you, battle-brothers? Do these look better than muffins`? In other words, is a remake of certain existing units in order? I`d say sure, but postpone it for the first expansion or something.

What we need now is the Sentinel (pref. Cadian) and the Defiler.

19. Virote_Considon

I don't think there is any sense in replacing graphics we already have, when there are still other graphics we need...

Hell, we need entire races, like the Eldar and Tyranids! (Who will - for now - have to wait for an expansion!!!)

20. aaglo

aaglo Furioso!

Hell, we need more enthusiasm - and entertainment :)