The End of the World

The Omega

Completely Insane
I've been toying with this scenario idea since June 6, the day the world ended (Now, many of you will contradict this claim, and say that June 6, 2006 was a normal day. However, I stand by the fact that the world ended on that day, it's just that nobody noticed) On that day, I gave hourly updates on another forum about how the end of the world was proceeding. Ever since then, I'd been toying with the idea of making a scenario based on the events that occured on June 6, 2006. AFter a brief flash of inspiration yesterday, I think I've got enough ideas to at least post something and see if anyone's interested. I mainly need someone who understands all the finer points of adding units and terrain files and stuff, since I have no idea what to do (I tried doing this on my own, and got as far as making an art and terrain folder when my lack of computer skillz cause a blackout in every house within 5 miles.)

Okay, now to actually explaining what this scenarios about.

The map will encompass the Austin-Cedar Park area, since that's where the end of the world occured. Now, the map is in no way going to be realistic, since I decided that I could either A) Do months of research on Google Earth, trying to get every detail of that massive area correct, or B) Just make the map semi-realistic, and focus mainly on gameplay. I chose B.
There will be 5 civilizations. Heaven, Hell, The Survivors, The Military, and The Civilians. Brief description of civs-
Heaven: The forces of Good, led by Jesus. Their goal will to bring about world peace and harmony, and they plan to achieve this goal by killing anyone who opposes them, including Islamo-Nazi-Fascists, Democracts, anyone who's a different religion or race, Bill Clinton, Democracts, athiests, Democrats, and Micheal Moore. They will be able to build stuff like angels, saints, monks, and other holy things. Their supernatural/holy units have the ability to enslave the souls of enemies they've defeated, and can either choose to sacrifice the soul for culture, or use the soul to create ghosts, which weak, but expendable units. Their options for victory are to either crush all opposition and crush all their foes (Conquest), or sacrifice enough souls (Cultural)
Hell: The forces of evil, led by Anti-Christ Chris. Dedicated to conquering the world in the name of Satan their master. Gameplaywise, they will be very similar to Heaven, except their units tend to be weaker, and cheaper. Also, when they enslave a soul, their choices are to either to sacrifice it, or reanimate a dead body (Zombie time!).
The Survivors: Led by 4rth Horseman of the Apocolypse, Sean. With the realization that the end of the world was coming, bands of survivors came to together, to fight back in the name of Truth, Justice, Ma's Homemade Apple Pies, and Freedom to Conquer the Earth without holy/unholy interference. Playing as the Survivors will be different than any other civ before in the history of civ3, as the units you produce from your cities will be nearly useless (They'll be expensive, and not very powerful). You're army will mainly depend upon your king units, and civilians that you rescue (More explanation on this later) Options for victory will be by driving the forces of Heaven and Hell of the Earth, and by killing everyone else in sight (Conquest). Because of the difficutly of doing this with your limited resources, the game will basically turn into trying to not get killed until you get far enough in the tech tree to get all the cool stuff.
The Military: The remnants of the National Guard and army soldiers in training based in Austin, after the Anti-Christ's blitzkrieg attack that destroyed most of the armed forces in the region. Led by Sergeant Jech. Start out weak and scattered, but eventually *cough*whentheygettanks*cough* they become a killing machine. They are the only civ that can't rescue civilians (Besides the Civilians, of course.) As there job is to defend the populace, not give them guns.
The Civilians: Led by Governor Rick Perry, these are people who either A) Refuse to believe the End is coming, B) Don't care that the end is coming, or C) Are just trying to hide in their basements and hope the whole things blows over. They are unplayable. The only purpose for them existing is for them to be rescued by people. They are able to build some units, like looters, policemen, and stuff, but those are expensive, so those end up being more of a nusiance than a real threat.

Okay, now for the thing about rescuing civilians, which I've been repeating over and over in this. At the start of the game, most of the buildings (cities) on the map will be controlled by civilians. Inhabiting those buildings will be 0 defense, immobile civilian units. When a civ captures that building, and they build whatever the equivilent of a barracks we'll have in this in the building, they'll be able to upgrade the civilian to units that can actually fight, and are pretty strong when compared to some of the civs buildable units. Each civilian will have a different upgrade, and some civilians won't upgrade at all unless controlled by a certain civ. The Survivors will be able to upgrade the most civilians (As their military will depend mainly on them), Heaven comes in second for number of upgradeable civilians, but they still can't upgrade many. Hell can upgrade the least, but they get some of the coolest. Military and Civilians can't upgrade civilians.

So, what do you think? This scenario will need alot of support, since most of the units I want haven't been made, so this can't be something like the Playground Mod, with just two people putting together a massive mod. Any comments, critisism, or offers to help will be appreaciated.:)

Stuff Needed Right Now: Church of Scientology that replaces Barbarian camp.

I'm interested, but I need to finish 2.0 first, then I'll be activly working on it.

Yeah, I really don't expect much of it to get done until Playground Mod 2.0's released either, but that's okay since right now I'm worrying more about figuring units out and stuff, and not actual scenario making.

Nice job, friend.

Maybe the liberal Christians (who arn't followers of Roman Catholicism) are the said heretics that the forces of heaven also hate?

Non Roman Catholics aren't comprised soley of 'liberal' Christians. Many Christians who aren't Catholic, are conservative.

This section of my post retracted due to going off topic and to prevent a flame war.

Now, back to the mod/scenario discussion.

Besides, not ALL Democrats are evil, just most of the ones running for or in National offices.....

A lot of Catholic stuff is Voodooish (BTW I am a Catholic), but Praying to saints and Mary is probably one of the biggest misunderstandings about Catechism. They are like vessels, we pray to them to pray for us. It's just a tradition. Nothing polythiestic about it. However, protestants have this idea that not doing stuff (Like going to mass x amount of times per week) is OK. I won't say it is and isn't right (who am I to judge humanity), but please respect us and our religion, cause I 100% truely believe it.

Anyway, the Democrat thing was just a joke.

Anyway, Ithink your Mod looks great! :thumbsup: If you need help just call. :D

There will be no senseless slaughter of democracts in this scenario

Oh the humanity... :lol:

Oh, this is a legitemate project. I thought it was Swoggy crying again.

Okay, I don't want any debating about anything in this thread, so get off the subject of democrats, cause I don't want that to lead to anything worse.... It was just a joke, and anyone who follows this thread for a while will soon realize that this scenario is in no way meant to be a serious scenario. Serious scenarios do not have crazed German Cross Country coaches, pirates, angry Scottish people with big swords, and the four horsemen of the Apocolypse locked in an epic struggle with Heaven and Hell.:crazyeye:

Right now, I need terrain. I thought about using EFZI2's terrain, as the darkness of everything has the right look that I want, however it doesn't have all the stuff that I need. Oh, and it hates me. I tried using it for a test version of the map, and my computer freaked out. So, here's basically the terrain I need:

Basic, normal grassland (Except darker and more evil, like in EFZI2), hills, forests, coast, sea, and ocean.
LM Forest where it's a forest, but with a trail going through it.
Make desert have a few shrublike trees.
LM hill where it's a giant, almost mountainlike hill.
Skyscrapers! (Replace mountains)
Houses! (Replace Tundra)
Apartments! (Replace volcanoes)
Smaller-sized commercial buildings, like the stuff at strip malls (replace jungle)
Make roads look like street roads (Pretty much exactly like EFZI2, but if someone could add little cars to it, that would be nice)
I think that's all.... I'll probably realize I forgot something halfway through map making, but dat's okay!:D

The Omega said:
Apartments! (Replace volcanoes)

So, basically you're going to replace the Lava (eruption) animation with a swarm of cockroaches or something? :lol: I actually like that idea (and fairly accurate, considering the apartment my brother lived in before he got married).

Hikaro Takayama said:
So, basically you're going to replace the Lava (eruption) animation with a swarm of cockroaches or something? :lol: I actually like that idea (and fairly accurate, considering the apartment my brother lived in before he got married).
I actually was going to just renaim eruptions fires, but I like your idea better.:)

Oh, don't get me started on crazed German Cross Country coaches ! :crazyeye:

The Omega said:
I've been toying with this scenario idea since June 6, the day the world ended (Now, many of you will contradict this claim, and say that June 6, 2006 was a normal day. However, I stand by the fact that the world ended on that day, it's just that nobody noticed) On that day, I gave hourly updates on another forum about how the end of the world was proceeding. Ever since then, I'd been toying with the idea of making a scenario based on the events that occured on June 6, 2006. AFter a brief flash of inspiration yesterday, I think I've got enough ideas to at least post something and see if anyone's interested. I mainly need someone who understands all the finer points of adding units and terrain files and stuff, since I have no idea what to do (I tried doing this on my own, and got as far as making an art and terrain folder when my lack of computer skillz cause a blackout in every house within 5 miles.)

Okay, now to actually explaining what this scenarios about.

The map will encompass the Austin-Cedar Park area, since that's where the end of the world occured. Now, the map is in no way going to be realistic, since I decided that I could either A) Do months of research on Google Earth, trying to get every detail of that massive area correct, or B) Just make the map semi-realistic, and focus mainly on gameplay. I chose B.
There will be 5 civilizations. Heaven, Hell, The Survivors, The Military, and The Civilians. Brief description of civs-
Heaven: The forces of Good, led by Jesus. Their goal will to bring about world peace and harmony, and they plan to achieve this goal by killing anyone who opposes them, including Islamo-Nazi-Fascists, Democracts, anyone who's a different religion or race, Bill Clinton, Democracts, athiests, Democrats, and Micheal Moore. They will be able to build stuff like angels, saints, monks, and other holy things. Their supernatural/holy units have the ability to enslave the souls of enemies they've defeated, and can either choose to sacrifice the soul for culture, or use the soul to create ghosts, which weak, but expendable units. Their options for victory are to either crush all opposition and crush all their foes (Conquest), or sacrifice enough souls (Cultural)
Hell: The forces of evil, led by Anti-Christ Chris. Dedicated to conquering the world in the name of Satan their master. Gameplaywise, they will be very similar to Heaven, except their units tend to be weaker, and cheaper. Also, when they enslave a soul, their choices are to either to sacrifice it, or reanimate a dead body (Zombie time!).
The Survivors: Led by 4rth Horseman of the Apocolypse, Sean. With the realization that the end of the world was coming, bands of survivors came to together, to fight back in the name of Truth, Justice, Ma's Homemade Apple Pies, and Freedom to Conquer the Earth without holy/unholy interference. Playing as the Survivors will be different than any other civ before in the history of civ3, as the units you produce from your cities will be nearly useless (They'll be expensive, and not very powerful). You're army will mainly depend upon your king units, and civilians that you rescue (More explanation on this later) Options for victory will be by driving the forces of Heaven and Hell of the Earth, and by killing everyone else in sight (Conquest). Because of the difficutly of doing this with your limited resources, the game will basically turn into trying to not get killed until you get far enough in the tech tree to get all the cool stuff.
The Military: The remnants of the National Guard and army soldiers in training based in Austin, after the Anti-Christ's blitzkrieg attack that destroyed most of the armed forces in the region. Led by Sergeant Jech. Start out weak and scattered, but eventually *cough*whentheygettanks*cough* they become a killing machine. They are the only civ that can't rescue civilians (Besides the Civilians, of course.) As there job is to defend the populace, not give them guns.
The Civilians: Led by Governor Rick Perry, these are people who either A) Refuse to believe the End is coming, B) Don't care that the end is coming, or C) Are just trying to hide in their basements and hope the whole things blows over. They are unplayable. The only purpose for them existing is for them to be rescued by people. They are able to build some units, like looters, policemen, and stuff, but those are expensive, so those end up being more of a nusiance than a real threat.

Okay, now for the thing about rescuing civilians, which I've been repeating over and over in this. At the start of the game, most of the buildings (cities) on the map will be controlled by civilians. Inhabiting those buildings will be 0 defense, immobile civilian units. When a civ captures that building, and they build whatever the equivilent of a barracks we'll have in this in the building, they'll be able to upgrade the civilian to units that can actually fight, and are pretty strong when compared to some of the civs buildable units. Each civilian will have a different upgrade, and some civilians won't upgrade at all unless controlled by a certain civ. The Survivors will be able to upgrade the most civilians (As their military will depend mainly on them), Heaven comes in second for number of upgradeable civilians, but they still can't upgrade many. Hell can upgrade the least, but they get some of the coolest. Military and Civilians can't upgrade civilians.

So, what do you think? This scenario will need alot of support, since most of the units I want haven't been made, so this can't be something like the Playground Mod, with just two people putting together a massive mod. Any comments, critisism, or offers to help will be appreaciated.:)

Wow, it reads like a Perfection rant, but sounds like a fun scenario! I'll look forward to this masterpiece in the making.

The Omega said:
It was just a joke.

Well, good, though I have to say not a very funny joke - if either party is un-Christian, it's definitely the Republicans, although from an outsider's point of view they all seem pretty bad. In any case, an idea like this is going to be skating on thin ice anyway, so best to leave politics out of it.

You can use Gabriel (archangel) for the Heaven side.

Non Roman Catholics aren't comprised soley of 'liberal' Christians. Many Christians who aren't Catholic, are conservative.

In fact, if anything contradicts the plan of salvation through Jesus Christ (we are saved by grace through faith, NOT by works*), it is the rituals and religious requirements of faiths such as Roman Catholicism ; praying to Mary (Mary worship), praying to the Saints, being compelled to go to mass x amount of times per week, trusting in the prayers of others to get you to heaven after you have died or how much you give to the church, the denial of a literal hell, thinking saying 'hail marys" and doing the rosary will give you forgiveness of sins - last time I checked, forgivenss comes from confessing our sins to God, repenting of sin and trusting in God's promise of forgiveness through Christ's sacrifice on the cross. I have no intention to start a flame war here, but it makes me sad how main stream America thinks Catholicism represents Christians. Granted, Catholicism teaches about salvation in Christ, but it also feels the need to add false teaching to it, and tends to emphasize more on rituals than on God's grace. I know many ex-Catholics, some are very hostile to Christ or any mention of Him, because of their exeprience with Catholicism, and others I know, thank God, have come to faith in Christ after leaving the Catholic church and being led to a church who loves Christ and teaches the Truth and not rituals or religion. If you think being religious is a requirement for salvation think again. Look at what Jesus had to say to the Pharisees and Saducees who were very much into religion and rituals. You can read about it in the four gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John). Do not get me wrong, I have no ill will toward anyone who is Catholic, but I am saddened at what Catholicism teaches, and the negative effects it has on people. I feel it has pushed more people away from salvation in Jesus Christ than it has led to salvation.

*Ephesians 2:8-9

Now, back to the mod/scenario discussion.

Thats a rather dim view of Roman Catholicism. Again, not to start a flame war if I may issue a mild rebuttal. While I recognise that your post is not intended to be hostile it is riddled with inacuracies and there are also a few implications that may well cause offence and are simply not true.
The faith you describe is not the one I recognise.

Theological discussion is valuable and interesting. But this is not the place. I would love to refute some of those statements and correct what I would see as misconceptions, but that would drag the thread off topic and bore/upset many.

You're first line I would agree with and see as the most on topic. To support the point, most Catholics have no problem believing in the theory of evolution, for example meaning that the current discussions in America simply arn't an issue in traditionally Catholic countries like Ireland and Italy.

Top Bottom