The Falklands War (TFW)

Update: Playing as Argentina was very easy, even though the Brits sank my entire navy! But with my landbased planes I was able to scout and sink any British troop transports that made it within my range. It felt like skeet shooting, really. Maybe the Argentinian planes shouldn't have lethal sea?
Also, I was pretty annoyed by the fact that the Brits used their Vulcans against naval units. AFAIK, they weren't really suited for that, in real life.

i kidna wish you could build more units...and the ascention city really needs to be shown, like when i was playing it i hate not being ablw to see the city. Also this "home country unit, almost useless, cause u cant do anything with it. But it is a good scenerio

Ok, won as Argentinia... ;)
Quite challenging, I first throw all I had at the carriers and lost. Then I just sank all the transports and won.

Nice scenario, two hours of fun. Well done!

One small thing though: You need to check the Rotating flags - some ships don't fire in the right directions.

Thanks for the feedback, all :

Here are the propositions for the next version :

- allow all playable levels (it was restricted to a certain level before because otherwise English cities in the Falklands automatically got strong infantries which could cause some problems for the Argentinians and was not realistic).

- two biq versions (one for Argentinia, one for the English) to make it tougher for the human player. For the one where Argentina is human-played the RN ships will have higher AA stats, so as to limit

- vulcans (still using the stealth bomber gfx for the moment, I don't plan on uploading a new "big file" with new gfx soon) can now reach the Falklands (as they indeed could) and they lost lethal sea bombardment (so they are mostly useful as strategic bombers to smoothen defenses).

- subs stats have been increased a bit. Most RN ships are now vet or elite (but the basic A/D/M stats are the same for ships owned by both countries).

- I don't plan on changing much of the irrigation or other such stuff as they don't really matter in the scenario.

- I will try to put Ascencion a bit off the map (bad habit of mine !).

- I will add a few immobile conscript Argentinian infantries in some areas.

- As regarding the Home Defense they are not really units, they are just there to prevent an invasion of Argentinia or Ascencion by enemy forces. More infos in the pedia normally.

- Argentinian troops are mostly named now, each regiment having a vet company (fallged offense), a regular (flagged both) one and the rest are conscript flagged as defense.

- Pucaras' range will be decreased. I will test first if they can be made not rebasable to see whether I implement that or not.

- other English infantry units are now named. But depending on the level of playing some "extra" ones might appear at start-up outside of any planification.

Altogether a mix of accepting some ideas while tampering with others. Hope it will please most people.
Other ideas are welcome !

And if you have any feedback or stories about the use of helicopters, both by you and by the AI, please say so.

@ Ares de Borg : any idea which ships ? I thought I had corrected all of them... :(

It's great to see you juggle so many scenarios so successfully Lou Long. This one looks to be a goody! Nice one!

LouLong said:
- allow all playable levels (it was restricted to a certain level before because otherwise English cities in the Falklands automatically got strong infantries which could cause some problems for the Argentinians and was not realistic).
Remove the extra AI starting units for the higher levels on the Difficulty Levels tab, and those should disappear.

That's indeed not normal and (I just checked) they are not flagged as lethal land bombardment. ?? Another unit attacked the damaged paratroopers ?

Otherwise yes I have them real strong so that they can actually sink a ship but then obviously the AI can use it against vs infantry, however useless that'd be in real life, but not to the point of killing the unit... Wonder...

Otherwise I much respect your experience on modern and aeronaval scenarios so I am all ears for your comments.

Will put updated biqs (v1.1).

Some things I could not change, such as the place of Ascencion island as it would move all units... Sorry for that. Besides I have not added immobile Argentinian infantries but added some more VP locations as Argentinia will definitely try to control them. Raised slightly the VP total for victory too.

Still open for modifications though.

any chance that we can make the "home country" unit moveable? that way you could use it to storm beaches and maybey put into other citites as defenders. You might make them as total deffenders, like give them no attack value, or a value of 1. but i would still like to be able to use them somehow.

You can make them so if you want in the editor (remove the immobile flag for them).
I am not gonna do that in the regular biqs though because I truly believe that would greatly damage the realism of the scenario.

BTW the new biqs have been uploaded.

A player interested in one PBEM gave up. So I am looking for another player interested in playing England vs Argentina (played by me) in a PBEM (starting from the beginning).

Direct thread : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=165282

Besides, any feedback on the changes in the biq file ?
Enough, not enough, still some weird behaviors ?

LouLong, I'd like to give it a shot...though I haven't played it yet...not sure I'd give you a worthy opponent...but I'd give it a shot!
Sully

Top Bottom