1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The "Fall Patch"

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Macintosh' started by technome, Sep 24, 2012.

1. MrRich

MrRich Chieftain

ETA please.... the patch on pc is wonderful!!!

2. KWagle

KWagle Chieftain

I took advantage of the free CrossOver Mac offer to download and play the PC version. Only a few turns in but it does seem to be working much better.

3. NoonSolaris

NoonSolaris Chieftain

This.

I actually have access to a PC at home or could probably install a VW or Bootcamp, but I simply refuse: I bought the game for the same price as any Windows user, why can't I have access to the same features? Beyond accessing mods, why can't I access the SDK tools I paid for?

If they have time to tweak the code to allow for touchscreen users to more easily play (good thing too), they have time to allow Mac users to access the mods and the SDK tools.

I've just asked to be reimbursed for Civ 5 and G&K (I can let you know how this turns out if you want). Also, I'm seriously wondering if Mac users would have any legal standing for some kind of class action suit, as the non-availability of mods and modding aren't all that clear when you buy the Mac version. Again, we paid the same price as Windows users, we should have access to the same features.

I'm feeling very let down by Aspyr right now.

4. TomasAnz

TomasAnz Chieftain

Any ETA?

I feel so cheated I'm about to burst at the seams! I think I'm going to shut my eyes really hard and hold my breath until they release the patch already.

Still no ETA? :mad:

5. jpinoniemi

jpinoniemi Warlord Supporter

Unfortunately, this has been the case with most of the Civ updates. Mac always updates after the PC release.

6. MrRich

MrRich Chieftain

it s true.... mac always updates after pc release.
    I only hope that it will be not too much time....

We can send all together a request to Aspyr about the ETA here

or we must to wait AspyRyan says somethin' about it! :) (please AspyRyan let us know)

7. dojoboy

dojoboy Tsalagi

Patch would be nice, but the game is still quite playable. Quite playable.

8. mgbx4

mgbx4 Warlord

I guess I be on minecraft till they give us the patch for mac

9. forty2j

forty2j King

Given the number of people reporting performance problems, crashes, etc. on Mac I suspect that they're putting more into the "Fall Patch" than just porting what 2K has done.

10. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

11. AspyrRyan

AspyrRyan Prince

I've personally been pretty busy lately, so I haven't been keeping close track of the PC version of the path, but that sounds pretty nasty. Particularly the bit about ATI and DX9, which covers a lot of the Mac hardware.

No, I don't have an ETA on Mac version of the patch.

12. MrRich

MrRich Chieftain

I hope it will be not like the first patch... released after a lot of months.
    Civilization V is one of the most popoular mac games

13. metalhawk

metalhawk Chieftain

Ryan - awesome to hear about Borderlands, that's great! Yes, the PC version has some bad issues - real problems with Mods, graphics and the like. We've played MP games that are working OK, but there's lots of people suffering with crashing issues, and from what my father says, playing with mods (which I don't do often due to the lacking MP support) has been made seriously tedious by this patch...

:(

14. dojoboy

dojoboy Tsalagi

I feel Aspyr would best be served to wait on a likely "hotfix" patch by Firaxis before porting anything.

15. Sid

Sid Observer and Participant

I don't usually go over to my PC side on Bootcamp these days, but I thought I'd try the new patch yesterday.

Everything was very smooth and the graphics looked terrific (all set to high on my iMac [CPU: 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7; RAM: 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3; GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB], using Windows 7).

On the Mac side, I usually play on smaller maps with less city states to keep things moving, but this time I played on a Standard map and there were not the usual delays between turns.

So, if Aspyr are doing the tweaking as well as porting the patch, it will be great.

16. Denounced

Denounced Chieftain

As long as the mac patch gets here before christmas hols I'm happy.

17. Hieschen

Hieschen Warlord

I was quite relax for a possible release as the game remains cool without the patch. yesterday I discovered that Mac users are shut out of the GOTM, so the sooner the patch, the better.....

To Aspyr, once you lose the client as he moves on to other games, he is lost.....

Pat

18. MrRich

MrRich Chieftain

ufffff next time i'll take the PC version and i'll play it with bootcamp

19. Mavfin

Mavfin AC was still the best!

If you bought the Steam version, you have access to the PC version already. If you bought the App Store version, you're SoL. :(

20. MrRich

MrRich Chieftain

LAST NEWS:
    HOTFIX just released..............

and now???? :):):):)