The "Fall Patch"

Thank Ryan, we wait for your news!! :);)

Generally after. Porting while it's under development is a time drain, as we spend time tracing bugs down that turn out to be present in the PC version.

We also try to wait for any potential hot fixes, such as the patch that hit on Nov 21st for the "Fall Patch."

Thanks Ryan, just getting updates confirming that you guys at Aspyr are in fact still working on the patch port and that it will eventually comes out helps us remain patient :)

Thanks Ryan, just getting updates confirming that you guys at Aspyr are in fact still working on the patch port and that it will eventually comes out helps us remain patient :)

I second what iamliberal posted.

Wish that had been a wink rather than a smilie. ;)

We'll still be grateful when it turns up.

Meanwhile, I've noticed that Civ5 runs a bit smoother on the Aspyr side of Steam - maybe Apple have fixed a few Mountain Lion issues.

I have never mad an account. But this issue does make me mad.

:)

Bjebus. We need a website with a counter on it just to send this point home. Why are Mac users being treated like 2nd class citizens?

Meha.

Is there a rough ETA? Seems to be the most talked about issue on the forum and I for one would like to see it happen very soon :)

Why are Mac users being treated like 2nd class citizens?

Because honestly, we are? Macs are good at many things but it's not exactly a major gaming platform. Blizzard and Valve are the only companies I know that really succeed at doing Mac releases solidly. Personally I'm just grateful that there's a Mac version of Civ V at all and that it's on Steam in a full release. It is a bit annoying that Firaxis managed to do exactly one simultaneous release, the Gods & Kings DLC, but then that was paid content..

As for our treatment, we are very lucky to have AspyrRyan here filling us in publically. It's rare for game company employees to be this direct with customers.

My Steam copy says it's version 1.0.2.21 (108797). I think that's the latest Windows version number, so I believe I've been patched.

Top Bottom