The First Eagle War Council

Should the Eagles declare war on Die Küche?

• No, war is not the answer. We must live in harmony with our neighbors.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain. I really don't care.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sparthage

Fighting Tyranny
Alright, I guess I'll do something that the "official" team captain is supposed to do: start a poll.

Should the Eagle people go to war against our southern neighbors? If so, when and in what fashion?

So the questions are:

1) Should we go to war with Die Küche?
2) Should our formal declaration be more traditional in language (like in RL), or should it be treated with a bit of fun?
3) When should we declare war on them if we do? Consider our military strength and their research pace.

This thread will also be available for use in planning our military strategies during the likely war.

Remember: When uploading battle plans do so off-site and be certain to mark them as private/friend-view-only.

Spoiler Latest Die Küche Map :
Spoiler Latest Eagle Map :

1) Yes.
2) A more serious-looking, but amusing declaration would be ideal for me.
3) In 3-4 turns, so that we can let the current wave of Cavalry be constructed.

1) Yes.
2) A more serious-looking, but amusing declaration would be ideal for me.
3) In 3-4 turns, so that we can let the current wave of Cavalry be constructed.

I feel the same.

Declare war. See if we can get CommandoBob to write up a story for the declaration -- he always comes up with entertaining stuff!

The timing should be:
1) We have 12 Cavalry in or behind Darkside.
2) The Worker finishes the Road S-SE of Darkside -- that will let us do a blitz down towards Bohnenland.

That will make it a little tougher for the Cavs. Good. Some competition.

Time to nail down the war plans - the Kuche has Metallurgy (110 AD).

130 AD - we upgrade our units (we better make it to strong to Kuche then)
150 AD - we move into position
170 AD - we attack

We will have a road leading from Darkside to the south then, so I think our first turn objective is to take as many cities right down the center as possible - Wustenbrand, Gerstungrund, Bad Sulze, Kornwestheim, Weinheim, and Lauchhammer.

We could also have a road from The Roost then, but I think we may want to delay that road for a turn so that Kuche may think they have an extra turn available before we attack :hmm:.

I think our first and foremost priority is to find their knights and kill them.

How hard would it be to take their saltpeter? That would deny them from ever getting cavalry, and pretty much guarantee that we beat them.

We will have enough money to investigate several cities, but their knights may not even be in cities or in range of our cavalry.

Their saltpeter is right by their capital, so it would take 2 turns of war and a lot of luck to disconnect it, but if things go well, then we can try it.

I think Bohnenland may be advisable with a follow up unit. Taking that city will eliminate the culture bottleneck at the top of the battlegrounds.

We will have enough money to investigate several cities, but their knights may not even be in cities or in range of our cavalry.

Their saltpeter is right by their capital, so it would take 2 turns of war and a lot of luck to disconnect it, but if things go well, then we can try it.

The problem with disconnecting their salpeter is that probably Knights will help out in their policy of balancing powers on our continent.

I think we should use some Dromons to carry units into their backland. Even two cavs could cause some heavy damage, if our opponents are not prepared.

Or we could send empty Dromons just to give them the impression, we are sending troops. They can also bomb their territory improvements.

Yes! Dromons, with and without Cavs.

So is anybody willing to create a Declaration of War?

CBob? You had a couple of nice proposals.

Anybody else?

I'd like a fun declaration. :)

I am now taking back the turns from Chamnix and we will keep the schedule to attack on 170AD. I am going to play 130AD today, upgrading all horse units to cavs. Next turn (150AD), they will take position and in 170AD we are going to attack!

There is a hurt longbow fortified on a road in Kueche territory. Did they use it to trigger Kueches GA? :mad:

Did they use it to trigger Kueches GA? :mad: (Hm, but then the longbow would not exist anymore :think: )

Next turn, we should establish an Embassy in Essen.

This turn you should establish the Embassy. Use the gold for a quick Embassy, and upgrade the remainder of the Horse units to Cavs as soon as possible

Top Bottom