The First Eagle War Council

Should the Eagles declare war on Die Küche?

• No, war is not the answer. We must live in harmony with our neighbors.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain. I really don't care.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I would prefer to build the embassy on the turn we declare war instead of next turn.

Why? Once we declare war, the Embassy is useless. We should have built it this turn to see the status of the Kitchen and the BH. Probably too late now.

Build the embassy and investigate cities to check out their military positions at the last possible minute before we declare.

We could have done that if we built the embassy last turn, too. The Kitchen would never know which turn we investigated them or if we did at all or if we did it multiple turns. Establishing the embassy only tell us what is in the Capital.

I agree that the latest possible date is best. So our informatin will be up to date. And the embassy is not only for seeing the capital. Also we can see the relation between Kueche and Brotherhood and we can investigate the border towns, which is most important to us right before we start the war.

I wonder whether declaring war just for the purpose to trigger a GA or to cause War Happiness is legal?

Should we be razing or keeping cities?

First of all, we need to keep the towns. If we raze them immediately, Kueche could use the roads, as they are in neutral territory.

But the final decision is to be made while playing the turn.

I have positioned two Dromons that they are able to move towards Kueche without being recognized (at least if there are no ships from Kueche or Brotherhood around). Just in case we have cavs left to load on the ships.

One thing, we have to decide is, what will we do with the Brotherhood units in Kueche territory. At least one (longbow) is blocking the way to an undefended Kueche town.

Will we attack Brotherhood, or not?

First of all, we need to keep the towns. If we raze them immediately, Kueche could use the roads, as they are in neutral territory.

But the final decision is to be made while playing the turn.

I think we will want to capture the towns and sell improvements. Most likely we will have to abandon before the end of the turn because otherwise Kuche will be able to recapture them - I doubt we will be able to defend much, but as Calis said, the final decision will be made at the time.

One thing, we have to decide is, what will we do with the Brotherhood units in Kueche territory. At least one (longbow) is blocking the way to an undefended Kueche town.

Will we attack Brotherhood, or not?

If they are defending meaningless corrupt towns, then I think we wouldn't attack, but if they are blocking core towns, then we have to.

Alright! Here is what we have at the beginning of the turn. I will log all action here, as I need to do an exact replay. Can't keep the save open alle the time.

This is the situation in the border region:

I moved the cav one tile SE to have a look at Apfelstadt. It's undefended. The Brotherhood longbow has disappeared.

We also will be able to capture Bohnenland.

And the western part:

Dornstetten is also undefended and can be taken by a cav from The Roost.

Furthermore I established an embassy for 59 gold in Essen:

And finally in the F4 screen, I saw that Kueche and Knights have a RoP:

Here is my proposal for the first steps:

1. Take Dornstetten with a cav from The Roost
2. Take Apfelstadt with a cav from Darkside
3. Take Bohnenland with whatever it takes, probably 1 or 2 cavs. (we won't need to investigate here)

Can we investigate towns after declaring war? If not, we need to investigate a couple of towns more.

Can we investigate towns after declaring war? If not, we need to investigate a couple of towns more.

We cannot. Let's see what is in Wustenbrand and then probably Bad Sulze and possibly a couple others.

Thank you for the info, Chamnix:

Here is the information, we get from investigating several towns:

Wüstenbrand for 82 gold:

Bad Suelze for 96 gold:

Here are the costs of further investigations:

I am very intesested in Cochem, as we could get through to Pfifferlingen this turn, which means taking 6 towns (including Bad Suelze) in the initial turn of war. that should cause some war weariness, right?

The other two cities (Butjadingen and Hitzacker): I would be interested whether the is much military based for striking back. But as Wuestenbrand already has so many units and 4 other units are in Bad Sülze there can't be many units in either of these cities.

Does anybody see a good reason to investigate these cities?

Or does anybody see another town which we should investigate?

At this point I am thinking about keeping Cochem as a base to completely eliminate the eastern region next turn. I would base 8-10 cavs there. As Kueche mainly has musketeers, they are very slow and can't defend everything there. and Cochem would be rather save from counter attacks.

But this will uncover when we really attacked. Just rough ideas now.

So here I continue with the planning:

1. Take Dornstetten with a cav from The Roost
2. Take Apfelstadt with a cav from Darkside
3. Take Bohnenland with whatever it takes, probably 1 or 2 cavs. (we won't need to investigate here)
4. Take Bad Suelze (this will trigger their GA most probably, which might be a reason not to attack)
5. Investigate Cochem
6. Take Cochem, if possible
7. Take Pfifferlingen

I agree with the plan.

I would not attack Bad Sulze. I think the idea of keeping our cavs alive and in Cochem is better than attacking a size 8 city across a river, starting their GA, and leaving our cavs to be slaughtered by their knights in Wustenbrand.

Since we are taking Dornstetten, we can kill the temple in Alcatraz. I would build a dromon there - it will be regular but still useful for bombardment.

Good luck!!

As everybody can see in the first part of the State of the Empire thread, so far everything went as planned.

Here is the current situatin in former Kueche land:

There are 6 units (5 knights and 1 longbow) in sight. 4 knights on the mountain and a knight and longbow near Jever.

The knights on the mountain couls reach all of the freshly captured towns. So, if they decide to help Kueche and attack us and they are lucky with their attacks, we could suffer war weariness quickly.

So my idea is the following:

1. We sell improvements (which is just one courthouse in Bohnenland) and abandon all three towns.
2. We position a couple of cavs (5) on the hills NE of Cochem, where they can fortify and get a much higher defense bonus than in the town. (50% from hill + fortifying).
3. Next turn the cavs can take out the remaining two small coastal towns from Kueche.
4. Furthermore I'd like to put one cav (or better two?) on the Dromon on the western coast and let it sail southward to threaten these towns. On the eastern side it does not make too much sense anymore as we already captured these towns.

Please give me your comments.

Bohnenland must be abandoned because Kuche's knights can reach that.

I think we can keep Cochem and Apfelstadt for now. With several fortified cavs in each, it would take a lot of luck for the Brotherhood to capture either with 4-5 knights (unless there are more just out of sight :hmm:). I would prefer to keep our southeastern strength hidden from Kuche so they don't know how many units to put in Butjadingen.

Don't forget to bomb Kuche's western city with the dromon - I would love to get that down to size 6 for future attacking :).

If we think the Brotherhood will attack, then we should consider abandoning The Village. I'm not sure if they will jump in right away or if they will wait to see how things go first :dunno:.

Why don't we just use some of our spare cavs to pillage the roads NE, E, and E-SE of Würstenbrand?

How many spare cavs do we have? We could simply attack Würstenbrand and destroy most of their army in one fell swoop instead.

How many spare cavs do we have? We could simply attack Würstenbrand and destroy most of their army in one fell swoop instead.

Sounds easy, right?

But there are (as mentioned in detail) 11 Musketeers in Wüstenbrand. Basic defense is 5. Plus 50% for city plus 25% for being fortified. That makes a defense of 8,75. Almost Infantry!! Now we could calculate the chances of a cavalry. Even if some cavs retreat from battle and survive, they will get killed by their knights. Furthermore it would have triggered their GA!!

I think getting 5 towns in one turn is much more effective, as it did not only eliminate the initial war happiness, but hopefully already caused war weariness. And we're not done, yet. Either they will abandon the towns we are now threaening, or we will capture those next turn, as their defense is not fast enough to reach the coastal towns.

Top Bottom