The first request for the next PATCH

Xen

Magister
well, I think every one around here know what I'm going to ask, and I'm willing to bet most people here are going to share my opinion as well.

we want a better choice for the representation pof the cataphract.

the chinese rider sucks, you know I know it, and evey single person who has hung around these froums knows it.

All I'm asking is simple- redirect the art paths so that the anceint cavarly becomes the new cataphract art work- that simple, and thats it- you art work fumble will more or less be corrected, and you wont have to hear me B**** after every patch that it wasnt in there- just call it a correction, abnd every one will be happy- i havent seen a single person who is happy with the crappy choice made, and I personally am hopeing it was a mistake to begin with.

its a humble request, and easy to carry out, so please would you do this ONE thing to correct your mistake in your next patch?

I may be a sick maniac in your opinion- but no one can argue that I'm a wrong sick maniac ;)

Xen - I'll do it tomorrow.

When a patch comes out, the Ancient Cavalry art will be used for the Cataphract in the Middle Ages scenario.

That takes care of it doesn't it?

I think it should be a fire spitting amphibious horse called the Catamon or the Dromaphract... :D

Actually, I to agree that the current artwork for the Cataphract is not very accurate to the actual appearance. I would have expected something with a lance and bow, possibly with a fully armored horse.

And I do agree with statusperfect about your mental state Xen

:beer: for all

SWEEEEEEET :)

thank you, thank you very much,Mr. Gobi Bear
youve now earned an ardent supporter of your companies customer service, or what ever you call what you just did :)

Originally posted by denyd
I think it should be a fire spitting amphibious horse called the Catamon or the Dromaphract... :D

Actually, I to agree that the current artwork for the Cataphract is not very accurate to the actual appearance. I would have expected something with a lance and bow, possibly with a fully armored horse.

And I do agree with statusperfect about your mental state Xen

:beer: for all

at the moment, i'd say I am kinda insane, but its from an assortemnt of personal issues ;)

Originally posted by Xen
SWEEEEEEET :)

thank you, thank you very much,Mr. Gobi Bear
youve now earned an ardent supporter of your companies customer service, or what ever you call what you just did :)

Well I am the one that originally assigned the Rider to fill in for the Cataphract in that scenario. That was relatively early on in the project, before the Ancient Cavalry came into being.

But we should have caught that and addressed it before the game was finished.

So I will make amends now.

Our beta test team just lacked anyone with your extreme passion for the Byzantines. But they are *my* favorite civ too ... and I bet once everyone starts to appreciate Theodora, there will be more people who become passionate about the Byzantines. ;)

yeah...even I have warmed up a bit to theodora (though not in the way that she is the best leader choice for Byzantium ;))

I suppose that on the next civ projest you should scout the forums to have a wide assortemt of history buffs in the beta testing squads as well...:mischief: :mischief: :mischief: :mischief:

Yeah. and perhaps you could include Xen as well :p

Seriously: nice info. any pointers as to how thorough the patch or update will be Gobi?

edit.: or is it just this small relatively unimportant graphical thingie?

Damn, that was quick.
You started this thread after I went shopping, and the patch fix was promised before I got back :eek:

Now Gobi, about the missing Aerial View pics . . . :love:

Geez, kind of tough to be mad at them after that! :D

yup, I have to say, my bitterness in this all wrapped up :)

but as Tacit_Exit said...what abput those areial pics ;)....

I will make the fix, but no promises as to when it will appear in a download. It is out of my control.

It will be Firaxis' call, based on when they feel there is enough new content to warrant an update.

So far, there have only been a few minor things like this that we've seen. Obviously that is very good news ... we think the release is as solid as they come. So Xen may actually have to wait a bit before getting the official version of this change.

P.S. Aerial View pictures: We discussed this numerous times and made a conscious decision to use the time it would have taken to create those in other areas on additional unit art, etc. We knew we weren't going to support Aerial View within each Conquest, so it seemed like dropping Aerial View support entirely from the expansion and focusing those energies elsewhere was the best decision for everyone.

makes me curious though, how hard, and how long would it take to put them into a patch, and is it even possible?

Originally posted by Gobi Bear
Xen - I'll do it tomorrow.

When a patch comes out, the Ancient Cavalry art will be used for the Cataphract in the Middle Ages scenario.

That takes care of it doesn't it?

Wow :eek: that was a quick reply. Kudos to the guys that put this thing together for being so responsive.

But anyway Xen, didn't you say a while back that this was why you had utahjazz (it was him, right?) make a Cataphract unit, so you wouldn't have to accept a substitute?

yes, but its cirulation will at best be limited- i plan to use it, and modded units for scenarios that I make, and see if I can bundle it all togeter in one download, this fix is so that I can play MP easy, with a unit that both fit the bill relitivlly wellhistorically, looks like it could have been used since its not a "real" representation, and looks cool

in addition, I will more then likelyl use that cataphract as a main game replacement for the current Byzantine UU that is the dromon, and use the Kryten modified late Roman cataphract as th eknight replacement for the med culture civs

You never know Xen - if you make a good graphic you may even convince Gobi to use that in the next patch! :D

that would be SWEEEET- if Gobi could say if he would/ could be able to do it, i will post some of the GREAT cataphract units, and varients there of by Utahjazz7, and Kryten

or he could just use the link in my sig ;)

Top Bottom