The Football Goal Thread

kryszcztov

Deity
This is the thread where we can put links to remarkable goals in football, and I hope it wasn't done yet. I wanna see amazing goals, funny goals, unbelievable goals, etc... We're gonna make them Americans love our sport. ;)

The "rules". We have an amazing source of vids on YouTube now, and we should be able to find most of the best goals ever over there. To keep the thread light and user-friendly, just link to the video (use the "URL link" they have), don't try to embed it inside your post. It would be best to have vids about one goal at a time, but if there is a remarkable sequence with a special theme (same player, same team, etc...), then long vids with many goals are welcome. Just no random "best goals" vid, as everyone is able to find them. The deal is to get on a ride, and discover and share some gems. Also, comments and trivia about the goal you're linking to are greatly welcome too. I personally don't mind chatting about goals in this thread, but if a mod thinks otherwise, then fine.

OK we're set !!! :)

I'm starting with a goal many remember, I think. Here is the link : Gooooaaaaal !!! :cool:
Description : Zidane's famous goal in the Champions' League's final in 2002, while he was playing for Real Madrid against Bayer Leverkusen. Real Madrid won 2-1 thanks to that goal. I saw it live on TV and immediately thought that this assist by Roberto Carlos wouldn't lead anywhere... Wrong. :crazyeye: Just turn on the sound, what seems to be Spanish TV is so funny. :lol:

Sadly, a few weeks after that, Zidane got injured in a stupid friendly against South Korea, just before the World Cup. The following, I won't tell... :cry:

Some Americans already love football. :) (That's soccer to those of you in the heartland...)

See it here! In a friendly between Poland and Colombia in this years May, the colombian goalie scored with a punt over the whole field. :lol:

and the best save ever (not a goal though)...the legendary Rene Higuita

what a save

That goal from the Colombian GK is just dumb. :D It's worth living to see that. ;)

That Scorpio GK is just amazing. I saw one of that yesterday, but I didn't know it was a real speciality. :lol:

Onto more goals. This one is very nice : here. Golden goal by Trézéguet against Italy. :king: French TV. What a match !!! :eek:

Beckhams free kick is text book, although a world class goaly may of got it, most wouldn't. Thanks dave, who we playing next is it Portugal or Holland? I'm really not sure?

It only just happened though so watch the match highlights if you want to see it, it's totally worth it honest :)

Beckham arguably the best free kick taker in the world, also one of the finest passers of the ball. And I'm not just being biased, his precision passes are amazing, because of the sheer consistency, although he messed up a little bit in the Ecuador match, but could of been the heat, nice goal, so all is forgiven.

I have no way to describe this goal. It's just amazing... :wow:

Some more crazy goals:

- scoring a goal may never be too easy; if there is a harder way, go for it! link1
- being a goalkeeper is plain boring; once and a while, you just have to make an exiting little trip. Link2

A sad day. In the group-phase during the Euro2004 we lost against the czech rep 1-2 and drove home...
Anyway, this was our 1-0-lead by Michael Ballack - one of his best goals and a nice assist by Bastian Schweinsteiger:
here

I wish our players could play so fast on a deadly counter... :sad: Well done Germany.

Let's stay in the Euro 2004. I think some of you remember the France-England match (the opener for both teams). England had missed a penalty (Beckham) but was still leading 1-0 at the start of the injury time of the 2nd half, when a miracle (or a disaster ;) ) happened.
The full video of the end (in Arabic, funny when you don't know the language) : here.
Another video (in English), with the highlights of the match : there.
It was just so good to beat England that way. :goodjob:
And because I'm mean, here is a last video (French TV, with bits of English) : mwahaha. :D

So far, I've posted moments of glory for France or French players, so let's change a bit. Brazil-France is coming on Saturday, and so let's see a beautiful goal from Brazil against France.

What the hell ?

Only found it in Japanese with sound. :D Please watch the replay, it is unbelievable. :eek: This was in 1997, one year before the World Cup won by France. This was a match during the "Tournoi de France", a special event in which France, Brazil, England and Italy took part. And this is how I "met" Roberto Carlos. :crazyeye:

ThERat said:
and the best save ever (not a goal though)...the legendary Rene Higuita

what a save
How stupid would that guy have felt if he missed the ball and it went in. All he had to do was catch it. A bit of a showboat in my mind.

Nayim's goal is, IMHO, a beautiful goal. Zaragoza was playing the final of the UEFA cup (recopa in Spanish :lol: ) against Arsenal. They were playing the last minute of the extra time (minute 120) everybody was thinking about the penalty round when Nayim invented that goal that gave the cup to Zaragoza.

Poor Seaman.

You might have to scroll down to watch the goal.

Urederra said:
Nayim's goal is, IMHO, a beautiful goal. Zaragoza was playing the final of the UEFA cup (recopa in Spanish :lol: ) against Arsenal. They were playing the last minute of the extra time (minute 120) everybody was thinking about the penalty round when Nayim invented that goal that gave the cup to Zaragoza.

Poor Seaman.

You might have to scroll down to watch the goal.

The look on the goalie's face is priceless. :lol:

And this amazing and funny goal, from the middle of the field. I don't know in what match it occured, but I saw it some time ago and loved it!

Top Bottom