The Football thread Nº7

Arsenal are the most schizophrenic team in the world right now.

HAHAH!

ManU LOST! :lol:

I would :lol: but it was Liverpool that beat them :(

Shouldn't have been a surprise. Liverpool are a very effective team at home, and Man U are lacklustre away. Particularly with both their starting centrebacks missing, I would have been more surprised if Man U had got anything from this game.

Shouldn't have been a surprise. Liverpool are a very effective team at home, and Man U are lacklustre away. Particularly with both their starting centrebacks missing, I would have been more surprised if Man U had got anything from this game.
You'd have been more surprised if the Jambos had lost at Tynecastle… wait, they did? Against Killie? :lmao:

Suarez is a good player, but the goals he made weren't all that pretty. He often tried to take a step too much. Also diving was an issue with him, and the occasional weirdness like trying to be a hamster (biting someone in the neck) or thinking he is the keeper. A great player nonetheless, he left Ajax with quite a striker problem.

Suarez and Carroll could prove to be worth Fernando Torres. Especially since they're both younger than him.

Also :lol: at the trollface on Kenny Dalglish in holyking's post.

Shameful - Chelsea fans singing "you're going down with the West Ham" at Blackpool supporters.

Well Barcelona are getting the job done right now. The big question - did Van Persie deserve a yellow?

I really don't think it would've changed the result much though, Barcelona had this in the bag from the beginning.

Pff the van persie issue was utter bullocks. Childish to say the least, it always changes a game significantly. Barcelona were brilliant though.

The second yellow was a terrible decision. Shekwan, saying it didn't changed the result is a rather contentious statement, isn't it, though I guess if you had decided that Barca had it "in the bag from the beginning" you're perhaps watching already convinced?

Before the sending off, Barcelona were dominant. But they had also scored a total of 2 goals in 150+ minutes of football, were behind on aggregate, and would have needed an additional goal in the remaining 35 minutes just to push the tie into extra-time.

Look, I really don't like Arsenal as a club, and dislike (though respect) Arsene Wenger. I was delighted back in 2006 when the Catalans came from behind to beat Arsenal in the final of the CL. But that was an idiotic decision to send off van Persie, and it's pretty blinkered to be convinced that Barcelona would have won the tie regardless. They may have done, they may not; but this way of losing was terribly unfair on Arsenal.

Top Bottom