The Forum Games Catalogue/Information Thread

Separate, perhaps... mafia w/clues
mafia w/o clues
minimafia

What's the difference between Mini Mafia and Small Mafia?

I have a Mini-Mafia game running, about 5 spots left out of 10. Please join. It is on the front page of this thread as well as my sig. Link

Yeah, DrumStudents' MiniMafia has 10 as opposed to 12 in electrics' and 14 in CCRunners', but that's not much of a difference, they're really all small games.

For that matter, in days past when we were playing the older mafia games (before ATPG came along and we added roles into them), they could be anywhere between 10 people and around 30.

I didn't play during that era.

I thought this morning of trying a new game mafia game style whereby there are only lynchings and no night kills. The idea being to make it more intense and paranoid as innocents have to spend more time trying to discover who to trust (also reduces meta-gaming I think since mafia usually night kill the known good players). What do people think? Has it been done before?

How do you win, by not lynching?

Someone on either the org or TWC did it, and it only works if we don't know there aren't actually any mafia. :p

What if the idea is to find 'the Mole' (or several moles, depending on how difficult you want to make it), and voting and lynches are compulsory, with abstentions not allowed? That could be an interesting concept.

But then you'd have to have a larger amount of mafias. Or maybe have two or three mafia factions, so that they'd have to outaneuver each other, as well as some 'cop' faction, perhaps?

Well, you could just have it based entirely off voting patterns, rather than having a cop. Anyway, I think it's definitely worth a trial game.

Not a usual 'cop' faction, but merely a faction that wins only if the average townies survive and the mafia are caught.

Yes and no. It's something of a townie ally but is a different faction and has to make townie 'behave'. Just like RL cops.

What do cops do IRL? They fight criminals and they protect civilians, but they're not one of either. Something on the lines of allegiance would be helpful.

Never mind.
But that post of yours is not allowed until tomorrow, when it's Caturday.

I am thinking of calling it "The toothless mafia" and then I thought why not make it set in a old person's retirement home (toothless ;) )!? A retired mafia boss was playing scrabble with an innocent and the innocent cheated and ended up dead. The mafia boss got his mafia mates together and want to kill all of the innocents but the old people are all locked in their own rooms each night so none of the mafia's old tricks of night kills.

However, being old people, they keep dying of old age! Each night there is a 50% chance (maybe more maybe less if people think this is a good idea) that someone will die by chance (mafia or innocent).

Top Bottom