The Forum Games Catalogue/Information Thread

Yeah, I mean, I don't mind games running in parallel at all; not worried about it for my game and I'm sure yours will be great. I just mean if it's a concern for you though; if having too many games at once would interfere with yours. But I also know the feeling of being eager to get things started.

Well it's an experimental design - no night kills only lynches. I'm not sure how many mafia to have - maybe 20% ish???

25 players???

Seems a bit big for a small game, try 15-20.

And maybe just get rid of the whole money idea, there's no real way to make it work. Or you could do something like what TFA did in his NOTW.

Choxorn - the money idea gives the innocents an in-game incentive to lynch someone each turn (since there are no mafia night-kills). Otherwise I'd have to make it just "YOU MUST LYNCH EACH TURN OR THE GM WILL BE ANGRY!!! :mad:" which is less fun IMO.

The idea definitely came from TFA - I'll look more closely at his game design for ideas.

TLO - you get started I think I still need to finalise ideas gimme a couple of days and I might have a better idea of how to make it work...

SUGGESTIONS FROM PPL MORE THAN WELCOME (
even if I don't use them).

OK here's a new strategic layer:

Order Pizzas!
Order pizza for everyone anonomously (you can claim to everyone that it's yours) and if you are mafia, you can choose to poison the pizza. Anyone who eats good pizza gains +1 strength point, anyone who eats a poisoned batch of pizza dies. You can only eat 2 pizzas per day.

The innocents might order pizza for everyone to grow stronger (but the mafia can eat it too) and thus fight the mafia, but the mafia might also order pizza to grow stronger OR to kill people who eat it (mafia will die if they eat poisoned pizza). Orders are put in the day before. Money from dead people is split evenly with everyone.

Strategically this gives innocents more information to go on as well as making some interesting strategies for the mafia (and to some degree innocents) to win.

Mafia win when their combined strength is greater than the innocents' combined strength. Innocents win when all mafia are dead.

So who's next for the mafia games? Would that be me?

If so, i'll make the sign-up thread this weekend and I will start the game when the other games finish.

Kill Fire - you can choose to eat the pizza or not depending on whom you trust (I'm thinking of making it not anonymous now). So if someone orders pizza for the next day you can then choose to eat it or not. If you eat it and the pizza is good (all the pizza is good or all the pizza is poisoned) then you get +1 strength. If you eat it and the pizza is poisoned then you die (or should you be injured?? - I still swing towards dying if it is not anonymous).

Can anyone see potential pitfalls with this mechanism? It's got some experimental features in this game that haven't been done before so it might be a case of see if they work when it comes to it...

You should askthepizzaguy ;)
What other things does this strength attribute do?

atpg, I got there first :p

I believe that a minor strength increase is not remotely worth the very real chance of death in this case. You should either scale down the penalty, or increase the reward.

I believe that a minor strength increase is not remotely worth the very real chance of death in this case. You should either scale down the penalty, or increase the reward.
My other option would be to make it injury (not able to vote etc) if poisoned.

If I made the reward e.g. +5 str would that favour the mafia too much? It probably would put a lot of pressure on the innocents to eat any pizza because if they don't, then the mafia would quickly gain more cumulative strength than the innocents.

If I make pizza delivery non-anonymous then if anyone dies from the pizza, you know the buyer is mafia. So maybe it's not overpowered??? The innocents should coordinate to have a few of their (supposed) members partake of each pizza so if anyone dies they can lynch the buyer but if it's good, they can grow stronger. Also the mafia would try and all eat the good pizza, so hopefully it would help show who is mafia. Thoughts??

You should askthepizzaguy ;)
What other things does this strength attribute do?

I'd like ATPG's feedback! At the moment, all I think strength will do is determine when the mafia are more powerful than the innocents.

---------------------------
Hire Bodyguard: Pay to gain protection from being lynched on the next day. This does not protect against poisoning.

Remember the mafia have more money than innocents, at least at the start of the game.

--------------------------
Mafia roles written.

I'm guessing this is the queue'esque part of this area.

Anyone ok/not ok with me hosting a game when theres some time?

It wouldn't be like NOTW, it would be one of my previous games. Or even the one I'm due to start hosting next up at the .org

You have to wait, Earthling's about to launch one of his own and there's not that many people around to play all games at once.

I'm guessing this is the queue'esque part of this area.

Kinda sorta. Usually there isn't a queue for non-NotW mafia games, but apparently a few people have all had ideas for games at the same time recently.

This is meant to be an index of ongoing and completed games, but whatever gets it the most posts and threadviews is fine by me :mischief:

Large or small game?

Or is it even a mafia game at all?

Top Bottom