The Franklin Expedition Mafia - Mafia Win

All roles PMs have been sent out. Game starts in 2 hours and 15 minutes

I'm the paymaster. I have to stay alive in order for any of you to get your money once we return to civilization.

Just think. Months and months of back pay, plus whatever hazard pay I can finagle from the company - enough savings for a year while we get back on our feet! But if I should die, you get jack.

Honestly I should be untouchable: a de facto neutral survivor.

OOC: One thing I'm wondering - how are just a couple of cannibals supposed to eat a dozen adult men in less than a week? Wouldn't the first lynch be enough to tide them over?

Oh crap, did they get infected with the virus from Santa Clarita Diet?

You can't eat me. I'm full of Scotch, and bitterness, and impure thoughts.

Vote: anyone who doesn't get the reference.

It's never too soon to get those first meaningless fluff posts out there.

Indeed. vote: Timsup2nothin

Oh, and I will warn you that I'll be posting in character for the entire game.

Day One

14 left.

On an expedition that started in 1845 with 134 sailors, only 13 remain. Five left in Greenland, 116 died. None of you know exactly how it's been, the day/night cycle in the Arctic makes it hard to keep track and none of you have been doing a good job timekeeping since 1848. However, people have been getting desperate, even more so. There are whispers of factions, dedicated to the survival of their members, and not their crews. There have whispers that many of the crew were eaten by their comrades.

Cannibalism has always been a threat since the Terror and Erebus were abandoned in April 1848. The Arctic flora and fauna simply weren't enough to satiate the addition of almost humans used to eating three meals of meat each day. There had been whispers that some of the early deaths, not the ones on the ships, but the first ones after their abandonment, had been no accident. That those who disappeared had been killed, and eaten by their comrades. A few cannibals had already been put down, but those were isolated incidents, lone wolves.

The group in this state could put one Cannibal easily enough. But a group? Working in coordination? Our crew would be hard pressed to survive and would almost certainly take losses in ensuring their survival.

Everyone was on edge for a good reason though, four days ago George Williams had disappeared while searching for food for the group. George was the type to stay out in the snow for a couple days, ensuring that he returned with a large haul. But he had been absent for far to long. One less mouth to feed, but much food coming in was a poor deal.

It's a pity that George Williams made it less than a kilometre from the "base camp" (little more than a few improvised tents pitched around a fire pit). Found early morning, much of his body had been removed and eaten, but his face was still there, still recognizable, attached barely to his neck and torso. He had put up a struggle, but there were clearly more of them than there were of him.

13 left.

There are no third-parties this game, only town and mafia. Win cons have been updated to reflect this

Game starts now. Day one ends in a bit over 48 hours from when this is posted at 7PM PST, January 30th

@Takhisis
@topsecret
@pzelda
@JohannaK
@Timsup2nothin
@RRRaskolnikov
@LordArgon
@Montmorency
@Arakhor
@TheCleanerDragon
@MaryKB
@Snerk
@Visorslash

Hi fellas.

This is bound to be a 3/10 game with a pr or two for the village.

Should keep that in mind.

Let's get this on the road.

Vote: MaryKB

One day you'll rand village.

I'm the paymaster. I have to stay alive in order for any of you to get your money once we return to civilization.

Just think. Months and months of back pay, plus whatever hazard pay I can finagle from the company - enough savings for a year while we get back on our feet! But if I should die, you get jack.

OOC: One thing I'm wondering - how are just a couple of cannibals supposed to eat a dozen adult men in less than a week? Wouldn't the first lynch be enough to tide them over? Oh crap, did they get infected with the virus from Santa Clarita Diet?

Vote: Tak

I should vote Visor for trying to suppress discussion, for mechanics discussion, and for rolefishing.

OOC: One thing I'm wondering - how are just a couple of cannibals supposed to eat a dozen adult men in less than a week? Wouldn't the first lynch be enough to tide them over? Oh crap, did they get infected with the virus from Santa Clarita Diet?

Vote: Tak

I should vote Visor for trying to suppress discussion, for mechanics discussion, and for rolefishing.

I agree.

Vote: Visor

As to those cannibals...I'm guessing we're all pretty thin after however many months in the arctic. Probably not much more than a snack when split up between the entire cannibal clan.

It isn't suppressing discussion. There is nothing to discuss.

Just saying my opinions on what the setup will be.

Greetings, y'all.

It isn't suppressing discussion. There is nothing to discuss.

Just saying my opinions on what the setup will be.
Seems fine to me... as long as it isn't PIS. :scared:

I'm gonna vote: LordArgon before he kills us all if he randed doctor again. :p :lol:

Top Bottom