King Phaedron

Warlord
What is really going on with Loyalty? I've noticed very inconsistent rules, and constant changes to projections.

In one game, I kept selling a city, it would lose loyalty, I'd get new great works from the owner in it's Art Museum, and then it would bounce back to my five 30 pop cities around it. Eventually, it would not come back to me except through force. Which may or may not be intended, but that's not really what this is about.

Aztec settled a very terrible city close to mine, that was losing loyalty. The rates were slowed down. The 1 pop city had a banana hill in it's land and never grew to size 2 over 19 turns! Eventually I checked, and when the city hit free city, sure enough, it was timed so that it would come into my empire at exactly the same time as the world congress would meet.

This causes a situation where you cannot refuse the city. If a nearby free city is joining you on the turn of a world congress meeting, you have to capture it, otherwise you are stuck with it, and you can never ever get rid of it either.

This happens all the time to me. I am calling out the Developers and programmers as having done this intentionally, so that we'd be stuck taking care of cities we don't want. Look, the game is enough of a time sink as it is, without needing this. I typically play on Epic.

Oops apologies, I meant this for bug fixes.

Surely you can just exit the world congress screen, reject the city and then go back to the world congress? The game doesn't progress until you have voted, I'm pretty sure I have clicked the X, then tidied up my domestic stuff before going back to vote.

If you really don't want the city you're better off to capture it from the Free Cities status and then raze it, you don't cop a penalty from the original founder of the city that way.

Top Bottom