1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Freedom Coalition

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by Duke Blackstone, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Duke Blackstone

Duke Blackstone John Marchman

Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring you the "Rebels Platform", now known as the Freedom Coaliton. This is the link for the proposed alliance of the Tribal Council and the Infinite Weapons Master Fraction, with new members later applying. This Coalition has been Founded to Create a Balance to the Awesome power of the Triad. If the Glorious Revolution Fails, this will be our Platform, varied to change, for the next Election.

The Running of the Freedom Coaliton

The Coalition is a Government of Two Parts. The first is a Representative Council made up of 3 elected members from the citizens of each allied fraction, equal to the second, an Elected Commander in Chief who can be dismissed by a vote of no confidence started by a Member of the Coalition. The names for our elected Council Members and Commander in Chief will be decided upon in the triggered election.

There is a system of checks and balances to the Government:

In all maters of Game, the Council will be the deciding Body of action, with the Commander in Chief stepping in only to advise, act decisively in times of Military Peril, or break a tie vote. The council is limited in the powers of RP, serving as only a type of Supreme Court.

Of all maters of RP, the Commander in Chief works to keep order with the Citizens. He is Free to set up his under-ministers for help in regulating RP events such as the Fraction Honor System, or the Land and Titles of the Citizens. He or his Branch is in charge of setting up official Polls, and is Elected every 20 days, in a 25 hour long election.

The same member who started the vote of no confidence would not be able to run for the Commander in Chief in the next fraction election, once every twenty days. A Commander in Chief may not serve more than 3 consecutive turns.

Workings of the Freedom Coalition:

-An Official News Service will be Recognized, and include both Game and RP news, hopefully weekly published-

-An Official Poll will be taken for both the Performance of the Fraction and the Performance of the Commander in Chief.

-The Honor System will lead to Promotion Within the Fraction-

-The Sunshine Law will Be in Effect-

-All non PM strategy will be discussed on Open Forums-

-All Turn-chats will Be Open to All-

-Religion would NOT be regulated by the Government-

-Freedom to Say what You wish against the Government-

-Slander will NOT be tolerated-

-Beer will be Served at all Debates, Elections, Polls, Turn Chats, or at any other time Duke is online-

-All Property of the Triad will stay the Triads-

-Gathering Resources of Material will be a Goal of the Coalition-

-Our Armies Colors will become Black and Matte Black, after the Blackberries thrown at the Rebels-

-An Olympic Compaction will be held every Age, Hosted by A different Fraction Each Time, to Promote Brotherhood and give Bragging Rights
    -
    [/SIZE]

2. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Brilliant Duke!!BRILLIANT!!!

Now that the rebellion has failed, this will probably be the Tribal-IWMF coaltilation!

3. Seymoo

Seymoo The Sexmaster General

I am impressed duke, your coalition will make a most worthy adversary once we start campaigning

4. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

3 turns? or 3 terms?

5. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Terms ofcourse, I believe.

I would like to have one point clarified;
    ...Does this mean no state religion? Or just that other religions than state is not forbidden? Does it forbid the Theocracy civic?

6. Duke Blackstone

Terms Vandel, typo ;) no-ones perfect. I'll change it when I get to my computer.
    Diamondeye, the nonrestricted religion basicly means that the people, not the government, decide the state religion, or lack thereof. The reason I put it in there is the situation where our citystates, and that's what we seem to be heading tward, are split by two religions. Say Hindu and Jewish. Our 3 largest cities are Hindu, but the four smallest are Jewish.. I would naturaly chose Hindu as the state religion, as it would do the most good. But the people would say that Jewism is the religion of right... :) so I thought that I might as well put that in there. The government has no control of religion, RP or other. It will bring a cool RP element to the game as some citystates try to spread their religion to others... I was brainstorming :)

7. blastoidstalker

blastoidstalker The Geographer

I like it, but it seems a not despotic enough in gameplay (how decisons are made, not information acess) for my tastes, since we are in despotism.

I want strong leaders who will protect me from whining buerocrats who answer to ignorant peasants.;)

8. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

:agree:

Duke, it is too democratic. As of now, there is only really chance of getting one religion, two would ofcourse be good, but not likely until the 4th or 5th religion rolls around. Especailly not if we kill Spain off. I would consider making it a bit more despotic.

9. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Yeah, some of the tribalists are more into the "rights" kind of stuff, whereas Triad want a more "historic" game. However, their kind of rule we may refer to as "Silk Despotism", since they have ways to get their will when in power.

10. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

Well condisdering that Rome and Athens had a form of democracy around the classical age, i would have to disagree this has to be any more despotic. Anyway we are only RPing despotism, not playing it by the letter.

11. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

That is wrong, Provo.

The Tribal Council has a benevolent Despotism, where a new, growing tribe works together to ensure success and growth.

The Triad has a hostile, vengeful Despotism, where the iron boot of authority seeks to crush all those against them.

Having said that, if you are not in favor of this Faction's proposal, and don't intend to join this faction, please postpone such discussions until the election.
    -- Ravensfire

12. croxis

croxis Chat room op

For the sake of rp I'd like to see elected memberships postponed until we have representation. They could be appointed positions however ;)

13. Duke Blackstone

:) appointed by the people. And its not a true representative democracy so.... Theres stuff in the charter that needs to be changed. So how about "judges" instaid of representatives appointed by the fractions for "life" or no-confidence vote? Acceptable to everyone?

P.S. We need a census...

14. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I'd prefer we don't threadjack this fine new proposal by debating how democratic we should / shouldn't be. That kind of rhetoric should be reserved for an election debate.

I have lots of ideas for a platform, and may post those ideas as a substitute proposal or share them in a PM. This week is a pretty heavy one, where RL will interfere quite a bit with RP and GP, but I'll see what I can squeeze out.

15. Duke Blackstone

I would like to get the census done by 1 week before the elections, and the Platform for the FC done by at least 3 days before, when i will write the final charter, after which it will be unchangeable except by the Judges

All Citizens Please Post in the Census
    Thankyou

16. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Duke, I would like to add what our civics will be be/changed. I propse that slavery be adopted.

17. blastoidstalker

blastoidstalker The Geographer

On a non-election note. I am starting another great horse race at the Hall of Thundering Hooves. Sign up if you want to race the more we have the more fun and chaos will insue. First prize is 5 steeds.