The Future Era

Endwar could be a good inspiration of a near-future (AKA 2020-2040). Electromagnetic Uplinks would be an improvement (That can be built in a title with an improvement already on it without destroying it), that would allow you to do Electromagnetic Warfare, which disables enemy vehicles. In order to capture it, you need Infantry to occupy the tile for a turn or two. The units (Relating to current units would be)

Infantry -> XXX (Have to think of a name)
SAM -> Engineers
Mech. Infantry -> Transport
Modern Tank -> Main Battle Tank? (Better name, please)
Gunships -> Battle Choppers
Artillery -> Mobile Artillery

Air and Navy Units stay the same

And a new unit:
Command Vehicle (1 per Civ, gives units on the same tile battle bonuses)

This would be a very short age that connects the Modern Age with the Future Age, so we don't have Dreadnoughts rolling in 2020. This age will also bring a big importance on Infantry and Engies (Which would be the weakest units), as well placed Uplinks can completely disable an army made up of only vehicles.

Endwar could be a good inspiration of a near-future (AKA 2020-2040). Electromagnetic Uplinks would be an improvement (That can be built in a title with an improvement already on it without destroying it), that would allow you to do Electromagnetic Warfare, which disables enemy vehicles. In order to capture it, you need Infantry to occupy the tile for a turn or two. The units (Relating to current units would be)

Infantry -> XXX (Have to think of a name)
SAM -> Engineers
Mech. Infantry -> Transport
Modern Tank -> Main Battle Tank? (Better name, please)
Gunships -> Battle Choppers
Artillery -> Mobile Artillery

Air and Navy Units stay the same

And a new unit:
Command Vehicle (1 per Civ, gives units on the same tile battle bonuses)

This would be a very short age that connects the Modern Age with the Future Age, so we don't have Dreadnoughts rolling in 2020. This age will also bring a big importance on Infantry and Engies (Which would be the weakest units), as well placed Uplinks can completely disable an army made up of only vehicles.

This is an excellent idea, and while I am in no condition to figure it out, I promise I will try once I regain my druthers. Thanks for posting Omega, I'll adress this as soon as I have the mental capacity to. Which should be sometime tomorrow afternoon.

This is an excellent idea, and while I am in no condition to figure it out, I promise I will try once I regain my druthers. Thanks for posting Omega, I'll adress this as soon as I have the mental capacity to. Which should be sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for considering it. Also, before I forget, the RPS of my idea.

New Infantry -> Engineers
Engineers on certain tiles (Forests, Cities, Towns, Uplinks, Hills) -> Everything but New Infantry
Everything -> Engineers not on those tiles
Transports -> Battle Choppers
Battle Choppers -> Main Battle Tank
Main Battle Tank -> Transport
Attacking Mobile Artillery -> Everything
Everything -> Defending Mobile Artillery

About that Main Battle Tank Name... here's a couple of suggestions:
- Scorpion Tank (Name taken from Halo 3)
- Elephant (with/without Tank after)
- Warrior Tank
- Spartan (you know where i got that name from:p)
- A.T.B.T. -> Anti-Transport Battle Tank
- MAD-V -> Mobile Armoured Destruction Vehicle

When the future era gets upgraded, it will probably be in two playtests from now. So not the next one, or the one after, but the one after that, and I want to focus basically only on the future-era for that one. In the meantime if you are interested in the future-era of this mod please PM me to become a playtester and play my mod and let me know what you think I should do for the future era. After this next playtest I am going to post a tech tree, and a unit-upgrade chart with the current (i.e. NextWar) future era and we can start discussing what to add. :goodjob:

When the future era gets upgraded, it will probably be in two playtests from now. So not the next one, or the one after, but the one after that, and I want to focus basically only on the future-era for that one. In the meantime if you are interested in the future-era of this mod please PM me to become a playtester and play my mod and let me know what you think I should do for the future era. After this next playtest I am going to post a tech tree, and a unit-upgrade chart with the current (i.e. NextWar) future era and we can start discussing what to add. :goodjob:

So...

This playlist: More new units/artstyles, rebalances.

Next playlist: New traits, ???

Playlist 3: The Revenge; Next War, and possibly the other mod components that have been considered?

So...

This playlist: More new units/artstyles, rebalances.

Next playlist: New traits, ???

Playlist 3: The Revenge; Next War, and possibly the other mod components that have been considered?

Well here is what I had planned:

This Playtest: New wonders, some new unit art, new city style for Polynesia, new features for civics (like slavery, no unhappiness from refusing UN under Police State, serfdom bonuses), new features like "hunting" (animal resource shows up when you defeat certain animals), new gametext and new UU/UB stats.

Next Playtest: New traits, inquisitors, religious victory, even more graphic updates (hopefully), new leaders (Menelik for example), updated Module Pack I playtest, possibly new features or new wonders.

Next and pre-final: Future era, new mod components that have been discussed, new music for leaders, final leader edit, final unit edit.

Final Playtest: Exactly what it sounds like, then I release it.

Now, if all goes according to plan (and normally it doesn't) I'm hoping to get playtest after next done in around a week, there REALLY isn't much to do, the bulk of it will be putting in the New Traits (which is seemingly close to finished) and the Inquisitors (which could be easy, could be difficult). Updating Module Pack I won't take too long because they are minor updates.

Then the "pre-final" may take from two to three weeks, but I want to get it right. The Final playtest will basically last as long as it needs to last and then I release the mod and Module Pack I. The Americas Module Pack will be very quick to follow.

Well here is what I had planned:

This Playtest: New wonders, some new unit art, new city style for Polynesia, new features for civics (like slavery, no unhappiness from refusing UN under Police State, serfdom bonuses), new features like "hunting" (animal resource shows up when you defeat certain animals), new gametext and new UU/UB stats.

Next Playtest: New traits, inquisitors, religious victory, even more graphic updates (hopefully), new leaders (Menelik for example), updated Module Pack I playtest, possibly new features or new wonders.

Next and pre-final: Future era, new mod components that have been discussed, new music for leaders, final leader edit, final unit edit.

Final Playtest: Exactly what it sounds like, then I release it.

Now, if all goes according to plan (and normally it doesn't) I'm hoping to get playtest after next done in around a week, there REALLY isn't much to do, the bulk of it will be putting in the New Traits (which is seemingly close to finished) and the Inquisitors (which could be easy, could be difficult). Updating Module Pack I won't take too long because they are minor updates.

Then the "pre-final" may take from two to three weeks, but I want to get it right. The Final playtest will basically last as long as it needs to last and then I release the mod and Module Pack I. The Americas Module Pack will be very quick to follow.

Sounds good.
Also, I'll have the improved base game personalities for Lincoln, Tokugawa, Ramses, Sitting Bull, and Saladin to you before the playlist after this.
I'm playtesting them as we speak, tweaking them till I get what I feel is the most realistic experience (Ramses with a fairly large empire full of wonders that -isn't- obliterated early on, Lincoln with a strong well defended empire with high population and a good hammer output, Saladin as your least favorite neighbor if you want to expand, Tokugawa as a semi-isolationist still but someone that is -very- clever in regards to empire management and military, and Sitting Bull as a peaceful, friendly isolationist that will go Catherine on you if you really screw him over.)

Looking at the coding, I can kinda see why they did some of the leaders this way.
At least with Sitting Bull. SB is coded less as Sitting Bull and more of "Generic Native Man." Tokugawa's coded as a sort of generic full-on isolationist Feudal-and-below Japanese leader.
Saladin's kind of the same way, he seems to just be Representative of Arabia Throughout History.
Since all 3 of those leaders now have fellows in their respective civs, they don't need to be Generic Leader Of The Era anymore. Saladin's our uniter and military badass while Harun Al-Rashid is the guy pumping out great people.

Edit: Note, I'm not really changing the major things about the leaders. They'll still have the basic... -basic- personalities, except for Ramses. Tokugawa's still not going to like trading unless he has an advantage and he's still going to be war-obsessed. Saladin's still going to be military and religion obsessed (though I still recommend changing Prot to Cha. He was on the offense as often as he was on the defense, but he was -always- know for being an excellent diplomat and strategist), and Sitting Bull still won't really like you that much.

Top Bottom