The Future of CFC?

madviking

north american scum
I've noticed that the members are pileing faster and faster than ever before. This gets me wondering, what will happen when there are SO many members bogging down the site (ie 100,000 members) that we have to create a new CFC (esp. Civ4 boom).

But, this might not happen for maybe another couple of years. But, will the site, in a word, "refresh" in order to extract all the people who left and the people still here?

Through that we'll end up with ~3,000 active members.

Tons of the people joining will never break 5 posts. Having members doesn't bog down the site - even on the members' list, it only calls up ~50 people at a time, not all of them. This piling is normal - it happened for Civ3, PTW, and C3C, and now it is happening for Civ4. I can pretty much tell you there would be no 'new CFC' - why should there be? Most of the new members won't post much.

We just need to be concern with number of simultaneous users.

The current server appears to be able to handle 500 simultaneous users fine. If it has trouble handling the loads in the future, we would upgrade the server or get a new server. :)

I would hope that we don't ditch the old posts. It always seems like such a loss when such things happen.

Bluemofia said:
What about the time with the 1400ish users?
1200 spiders logging your posts for the search engines. ;)

I think the server is fast enough to handle the kind of users that CFC will likely get. There are forums with more than 1,000,000 members, and they haven't collapsed due to overloads.

nonconformist said:
If we needed to upgrade, I would gladly donate.

If we get a cool symbol denoting the fact we've contributed, I'm game for that :D

kittenOFchaos said:
If we get a cool symbol denoting the fact we've contributed, I'm game for that :D

That will never happen because of elitism ... a donation page would be cool.

The Person said:
I'm sure that TF has the moral level not to accept bribes.
Yeah, blackmail is the way to go. :p

Seriously though, it'll be great to have new people. It'll freshen up the stale OT mix.

I'm sure that TF has the moral level not to accept bribes.

TF is not a god. He is only the administrator of the forums.

He's not!?

:eek: :suicide: .

Lozzy Ozzy said:
He's not!?

The Church of Thundefall founded 2005 AD. Let's pray for our glorious God and make sure His goodness will protect our homes and feed our children.

Calendar:

We are currently in the year 25AB (After the Birth).

Top Bottom