[GS] The game calculates Diplomatic Victory points in the order of resolutions from top to bottom

Wanted to share an interesting game experience. I won Diplomatic Victory although I lost the Diplomatic Victory vote!

I played as Dido at Immortal and had only 5 AI civs in the game (small map). I was gaining 23 Favor per turn, not to mention I finished the Carbon Recapture project and completed the Future Civic a few times, and had 18/20 Diplomatic Victory points before I voted to win the game. There were two resolutions I cast one (free) vote for each and very luckily I guessed the combos and won 2 points. The Diplomatic Victory vote was listed third and although I hurled all my Favor for it (around 1450), I lost 3 Diplomatic Victory points, even though the other civs had small piles of Favor compared with mine (so frustrating). At the end the game counted 18+2=20 (and thought I won) but only then did it subtract the 3 points. That was interesting to find out in which order the game calculates the points.

p.s. next time I try to win the DV vote in a similar situation, I will build more Industrial Zones and do more Carbon Recapture projects (and other possible situational things) to amass even more Favor.

Top Bottom