The Game that REALLY Pissed you off!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by axehaxe, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Whythat

Whythat Chieftain

I was speaking from personal experience. Nothing like noticing you were working the 3 food grassland (when the city had already maxed population) when you could have switched over long ago to work the mined hill sitting next to it.

2. anaxagoras

anaxagoras King

Been there, done that! It just takes so much time to MM every single city every turn, but it is the only way to avoid those mute rage moments. (Well, in my case, the moments are rarely mute. I just try not to wake the kids with my shout of fury. :mad:)

3. The Professor

The Professor Emperor

So, I saw this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=279090 and I thought it sounded like fun, (even though those players are out of my league) so I went back to warlord and played as the Russians to pop all the goodie huts, and get out of the AA quickly. It worked really well, I got all of the AA wonders except Monarchy, switched to Republic, and started researching. Since I now needed to get some of my cities up past size 6, I decided to have Moscow build the Pyramids, which is always useful in a Pangea map. I investigated all the other cities that were building it, and knew I was ahead by 16 turns at least. Four turns before it completed, the Ottomans learned Monarchy, got an SGL, and used it to finish the Pyramids. Meanwhile, I've been the first to research something like 30 tech's, and I haven't seen the first sign of an SGL.

4. Desertsnow

Desertsnow πr²

More than once. On the most recent incident, though, I toughed it out and eventually took the city that had built it, giving me nineteen techs and catapulting me from the Ancient age into the Industrial in one fell swoop. I later want on to win that game.

Gr. [pissed]

Probably the incident that most infuriated me though was having thirty-some units parked in a recently captured city that later flipped back. While I was fighting on multiple fronts. In Democracy.