The game won't start; also no "My Games" folder

Torus8

Chieftain
Hi everyone. I'm a long-time lurker, but I've decided to make an account now because Civ 5 won't run for me.

I got a new laptop, so I've had to install it again through Steam. It seemed like it installed correctly, but when I start it up and get to the DirectX screen, after I select DirectX 11, it doesn't actually start the game.

I've checked dxdiag and I do have DirectX 11.

I've also noticed that I don't have a My Games folder, and I can't find where the Civ 5 files are stored. I've checked in a lot of places, but I can't find them anywhere on my computer. That's kind of strange, isn't it?

I ran through that "verify your game files" thing on Steam, and it came back okay. I also did sfc /scannow in the command prompt, and that came back okay.

I tried reinstalling the game, restarting my computer, etc.

I'm not really sure what else I can do, lol. Anyone have any ideas? :S

Welcome to CivFanatics!

This thread contains some possible solutions that you may not have tried. If that doesn't help, please post your DxDiag file, as explained here.

The My Games folder should be located in your Documents library. It also should be located in C:\Users\(user name)\My Documents\My Games. That's for Windows 7. Not sure if the same is true for Windows 8. Are you not seeing My Games in either location?

Top Bottom