1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Germans won't attack me!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by litlfrog, Feb 27, 2012.

1. litlfrog

litlfrog Chieftain

Things you'll never hear the French say for $500, Alex.

Loaded up The Road to War scenario, wanted to try playing as France. I have it on the random historical events setting . . . and I can't fight. Germany won't attack me, I can't declare war on them. Anyone run into this before?

2. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

Welcome to "random" - anything can or can not happen. I usually play "historical" as that allows me to prepare according to history.;)

NOTE: You can choose "open-play" where anything is possible.

3. Raven Destroyer

Raven Destroyer Chieftain

Be glad you don't face me as the Third Reich :mwaha::mwaha:

Well i have never that problem i just play on open i'm not quite the type wanting my weapons go rusty from just sitting on their rear i just destroy the neutral countries build them up then kick one of the bigger nations in the nuts while that is closing i say next lol

btw fun fact in my current game i just started preparing a massive strike into france as the third reich

4. kiwitt

Attacking France, you need to strike deep and fast. Bypass Paris and some other cities, else you get a Vichy Event too soon and a lot of France changes to Vichy. Unless of course you want that as part of your overall strategy. ;)

5. Luigiii2

Luigiii2 Chieftain

In my opinion, Germany(when lead by the AI) is completely incompetent. Playing As Britain, I attacked them with my entire army right from the get go, and they were subdued by early 1940, never having conquered Poland.

6. kiwitt

Try taking on my Germans in my mod. ;)