The Golden Empire

Constantinople is building a settler at size 1? The settler will complete long before it reaches size, 3, that's a lot of waste ;)

Actually, it only has one turn until it reaches size two, and then I'll check if there is enough food for the town to reach size three before the settler is built, if there isn't I'll just switch to archer, no waste their. ;)

How long before the Incan peace treaty expires? :p

*Prepares troops* It won't be long, there will be war when I have at least 15 or so archers.

Actually, it only has one turn until it reaches size two, and then I'll check if there is enough food for the town to reach size three before the settler is built, if there isn't I'll just switch to archer, no waste their. ;)

*Prepares troops* It won't be long, there will be war when I have at least 15 or so archers.

Alright then. I hope you're producing vets :D

15 :eek: That's enough to take out Inca and then hit someone else some (RNG willing) :eek:

EDIT: Constantinople have no food bonus, so at 2fpt it'll grow from size 2 to size 3 in ten turns (needs 20 food in the box to grow).

Alright then. I hope you're producing vets :D

Thank you for reminding me, I guess I'll build barracks in constantinople and the other town.

15 :eek: That's enough to take out Inca and then hit someone else some (RNG willing) :eek:

I didn't find it that much. Just to not risk at, I have to go with at least 15.

EDIT: Constantinople have no food bonus, so at 2fpt it'll grow from size 2 to size 3 in ten turns (needs 20 food in the box to grow).

Then I'll switch to barracks. :)

Glad to see an update and that you've got that most honored of advisors: CivAssist2. :lol:

Barracks at Constantinople seem like a good plan. Get some vet archers out there and get ready to take advantage of the Inca-Persia war. As you noted, that should decrease troops on both sides.

Also, if you can squeeze out a curragh or two to begin the search for other civs, you could do some tech trading.

Glad to see an update and that you've got that most honored of advisors: CivAssist2. :lol:

Yes, my best advisor. :D

Barracks at Constantinople seem like a good plan. Get some vet archers out there and get ready to take advantage of the Inca-Persia war. As you noted, that should decrease troops on both sides.

Yes, I'm not sure if I should build barracks in just constantinople or more towns.

Also, if you can squeeze out a curragh or two to begin the search for other civs, you could do some tech trading.

Perhaps my next or the town after the next can build naval units.

Yes, I'm not sure if I should build barracks in just constantinople or more towns.

With only 3 towns, a barracks is a big investment. That said, you'll likely want barracks in all 3 that you currently have eventually. It's a question of timing.

And 15 archers is a bunch of archers. You can start the war before that, and I think it may be advisable to do so.

With only 3 towns, a barracks is a big investment. That said, you'll likely want barracks in all 3 that you currently have eventually. It's a question of timing.

And 15 archers is a bunch of archers. You can start the war before that, and I think it may be advisable to do so.

I built 8 regular archers. But now I built a barracks in Constantinople and am producing vets.

Now, this is an unusually large update, so enjoy!

(Foreign Advisor) “We have contact with primitive tribes, empress.”
“What do they want?”
“Our troops visited one of their huts, and they gave us a technology.”
“What, these primitives know more than we do?”
“Yes, empress.”
“What technology did they give us?”
“Mysticism, empress.”
“This is excellent news.”
“Indeed, empress. The resource advisor has something to say.”
“Proceed.”
(Resource Advisor) “We have discovered wines. If we could build a city there, and connect it with our other cities, our citizens will be happier.”
“We will build a city there soon.”
“Thank you, empress. Also, we have sighted many hills, but none have Iron in them. This is very bad news.”
“Yes it is. We should have at least one source on our continent.”
“Our scouts shall keep an eye out and test the soil in hills to see if there are any traces of Iron.”

(Military Advisor)
“Our settler and spearmen are underway founding a new city, however, they report a Persian Settler and Spearman. This could block our cities from being built.”
“We shall await what happens. These Persians are getting very annoying lately.”
“Indeed they are, we should build up our army and invade.”
“That is what we are doing, but we are unsure if we are going to attack either the Persians or the Incans.”
“Yes, empress. I see Persia has horses, we could claim that from them if we attack them.”
“We’ll see.”

(A few turns later)
(Foreign Advisor) “We have contact with a new civilization. They call themselves the Mayans, empress.”
“Let us trade with them.”
“Yes, empress. We are currently arranging proposals with them.”
“Excellent, let us know how it goes.”
“Certainly.”

(20 minutes later)
(Foreign Advisor) “We have exchanged technologies, empress.”
“Go on.”
“We exchanged Mathematics for writing and one gold.”
“Very well, I’m off now.”
“Yes.”

(A few turns later)
(Domestic advisor) “We have excellent news, empress. Our people have offered to upgrade our palace.”
“Upgrade OUR palace? That is magnificent news.”
“Yes empress our palace.”

(Domestic Advisor)
“Also, we have built our new city a few years (Turns) earlier. News has only just come in, we need to connect a road to it for people to get to the other cities quicker.”
“We shall send all our workers there to build a road, now.”
“Also, Caesarea is now population 3, we can switch to settler.”
“That will be done.”
“That is all, empress.”

(Again, a few turns later)
(Military Advisor)
“We have some bad news, empress”
“What is it?”
“We have just sighted another primitive hut, unfortunately they weren’t so friendly and sent three warrior straight at us.”
“That is rather bad news, defend the attack, surely these primitive warriors won’t win against our skilled warrior.”
“Yes, empress. Also, the resource advisor has something to say…”

(Resource Advisor)
“We have discovered many hills and mountains and yet, NOTHING!! No Iron whatsoever.”
“WHAT!! You mean, all those hills have been tested, and no iron has been found?”
“Yes, that is correct empress.”
“I will be very cranky soon.”
“I understand. We have also discovered tundra in the north. Tundra is very bad terrain. No food can be found whatsoever and it’s not that productive either.”
“Then we shall keep away from building cities there.”
“Yes, empress.”

(Next turn)
(Resource Advisor)
“We have discovered an unclaimed tile with horses. We should hurry a settler there from Constantinople immediately.”
“Wow, yes, we will definitely do that. I understand that Constantinople will have a settler produced by the end of the year. (Turn)”
“Yes, next year the settler will be built. We should not miss this opportunity.”
“Very well, Selima Oasis shall be built soon.”
“And we also have to build another town near Varna to connect the borders so that we can road the wines.”
“Do not stress me, we shall
do that soon.”
“Yes, empress.”

The main priority is getting more cities, faster than the AI. But that is difficult in Monarch level. Also, I don’t have many workers so I’ll build more. Currently the new city, Nicaea, is the city that is churning out worker after worker. It’s my ‘Worker’ factory. And I’ve built a curragh and it’s exploring the coastal tiles. I know my cities are too far apart but I have to get more and more territory, so I have to spread apart. But I could squish in a few cities when the expansion period is over, and that will be soon because I see the enemies territories are getting closer and closer, especially Inca and Persia.

I still need about double as many archers If I’m going to attack. After I’ve got about 20 archers I’ll start building catapults, or should I just wait until Trebuchet’s come? I think what I’ll do is build about 30 catapults, and later on upgrade them to Trebuchet’s.

END OF PART 15

There's a slight problem. I got about 25 archers, and a few spearmen and I still have to build the thirty cats and my unit upkeep is used up, btw, I'm researching engineering now, so i'll wait for treb's. And I'm at war with the Aztecs and America is my ally. Formally, I was at war with America and the Aztecs were an ally, but now they got greedy and demanded wines, I refused. You'll see more in tomorrows update.

(Military Advisor) “Who do those Persians think they are? They’re in OUR territory.”
(Theodora)“What??? Tell them to move out of our territory.”
“Yes, empress.”

(20 minutes later)
(Foreign Advisor) “Xerxes said:”
“No problemo, were out of here.”
(Military Advisor) “Great, now he’s also being a smart-ass.”
(Theodora) “I don’t exactly agree with you there, he was improperly using the English language.”
“In other words, he’s a smart-ass.”
“NO, Xerxes Isn’t being whatever you are suggesting, he’s trying to be friendly whilst remaining his usual self.”
“I’m telling you, there’s something not right about this Xerxes guy, I’m predicting war shortly, and why has he got so many X’s in his name, It just makes him sound dumb, but he was trying to prove that he wasn’t, I’m beginning to wonder if---“
(Foreign Advisor) “ENOUGH. This is STUPID, you are beginning to sound childish yourself. ”

(Long Silence)
(Foreign Advisor) “Now after this idiot has stopped insulting everyone, I shall continue my reports.”
(Military Advisor) “I will interrupt you with more important news. Xerxes has just moved his troops DEEPER into our territory. This will mean war.”
(Theodora) That is it, I have had ENOUGH. I’ve already asked him once, friendly but it seems he wants war. This is his final warning. Tell him to move his troops, or declare war.”
“Yes, empress.”

(45 Minutes later)
(Military Advisor) “I can’t believe this!!!”
(Theodora)”What?”
“He has removed his troops immediately but this is what he said in the letter.”
“Just checking your border security Theodora. Frankly, it’s not all that good. You are fortunate that Persia was not really attacking this time. We will leave now (So you should, STUPID FOOL!!!).”

“So this is what he says? Instead of apologizing he starts getting witty about it.”
”Didn’t I tell you there wasn’t something right about him?”
(Foreign Advisor) “Alright, now that was quite unexpected, and rude may I say. But I recommend we leave him alone and build up our army first.”
(Military Advisor) “Ah to heck with that! Let’s cut this guys head off, once and for all.”
“Violence is not the answer, we must use our diplomacy first.”
(Theodora) “People, your not realising this. He meant this as a humorous thing; I don’t think he meant to insult us. And we took it a bit too seriously. OK, so let’s get this over with. For the time being we shall ignore him. We will certainly attack later on, but not now. So back to work everyone.”
*Groans*

(Military Advisor) “Empress, our settler has shocking news, the city that we were going to build on the horses is now occupied with one spearmen and one settler, owned by Inca. Yet we were only one square away from it.”

“Instruct the settler to build our new city were he stands.”
“Ok, empress.”

(2 hours later)
(Military Advisor) “The settler has now built the city, before the Incans could. And the horses are in our borders.”
“Marvellous, we now have control of the horses. :D”
“Yes, we have empress.”
“What’s wrong?”
“Nothing, empress.”
“Tell me, I know when you are upset.”
“Well, America demanded something from us. We refused, and then… They declared war on us.”
“What??? How could they?”
“Lust for power, as well as greed. America is very far away from us, so it shouldn’t really be a problem. If we can defend the attacks with our spearmen then we can kill some of their troops, resulting in them wanting peace.”
“Sounds like a plan.”

(2 hours later)
(Science Advisor)“We have discovered the new technology Iron Working.”
“Good, let’s see if we can trade our new technology for others.”
(Foreign Advisor)“We already have, empress. We have conducted diplomacy with the Aztecs. We traded Currency for Horseback Riding, Philosophy, Map Making and 225 bags of gold.”

“Wow, that certainly is a large profit. Let’s see if we can trade it with other Civilizations.”
“We have contacted Persia. We gave them Currency for Polytheism and 274 bags of gold.”
“Yet another good deal.”
“Yes, empress. The other civilizations had no other technologies.”
(Military Advisor) “Empress, we have sighted American troops near our territory.”
“Let’s defend the attacks by spearmen.
“We will.”

I have to tell you, the Incans weren't about to build their city on the horses. They had another city just two tiles away, and the AI doesn't settle cities that close together. You had time. ;)

I have to tell you, the Incans weren't about to build their city on the horses. They had another city just two tiles away, and the AI doesn't settle cities that close together. You had time. ;)

Well they did build their city somewhere completely different, so that could be true.

Yay, blood! :devil:

:hide:

Do you have a military city yet?

Yes, after Constantinople builds a few more settlers, it will be building military units. Btw, what happened in the battle was, I used a regular spearman to defend, and he was stationed in the forest, and he was fortified. Anyway, I was a bit scared that he might not make it because at first, two American warriors came, one veteran and one elite. The elite one attacked first, and I think the spear the spearmen just made it by one hit point, and then got promoted to veteran. Luckily he survived the last attack.

Nice work! You've claimed horses and made some profitable trades. What's your military situation like?

I'm about average against Persia, Strong against Inca, a little stronger than America, but a little weaker than the Aztecs. So all I have to do is stay out of war with the Aztecs. But I've played a couple of turns, and it turns out, I declare war on the Aztecs, and I do have an ally, Ok, I'm not telling any more.

Forgot to mention this, I made a typo in the last update. It said (2 hours later)
(Science Advisor)“We have discovered the new technology Iron Working.”

But that's meant to be Currency. The forums are really slow lately and it will take a few minutes just to edit my post, so you'll have to bear with me.

Also, I just want to report, that I've played waay more turns. And some really good things happen.

(Science Advisor) “Empress, there is celebrations going on. Everyone’s happy. We have entered a new era, The Middle Ages. Also we have researched Feudalism.”
“Brilliant, simply brilliant.”
(Foreign Advisor) “Because of our technology breakthrough, we have made huge profits from Persia.”
“Be a little more detailed.”
“Yes, empress. We exchanged Feudalism for Monotheism, Literature and 818 bags of gold.”
“Wow. 818 bags of gold and two new technologies, they must have really wanted the technology we researched.”
“Yes, they did. They might change governments to Feudalism…”

(Foreign Advisor) “Empress, we have gained more profits. We exchanged Polytheism to Inca for 92 gold. And we traded Monotheism to the Aztecs for 109 gold and an alliance with America.”
(Theodora shocked)

(Military Advisor) “Our resource engineers have some very exciting news. They have discovered some chunks of Iron in Septum. They have confirmed that this source of Iron will allow us to build swordsmen.”
“Wow, I’m stunned. Let’s start mass building our swordsmen”
“Yes, empress. But we must remember that this is our only source and if we use too much of it, there may not be any left.”
“But we will still be building swordsmen.”
“Yes.”

(Foreign Advisor) “In exchange of Monotheism we got, worker, 179 bags of gold and two gold per year (Turn). From the Mayan tribe.”
“Sounds like a reasonable deal to me.”
”Also, we have new contacts with a tribe called Iroquois. We couldn’t offer them anything because they only had 8 bags of gold. We are ahead of them by: Mathematics, Philosophy, Literature, Horseback Riding, Polytheism, Feudalism and Monotheism.”
“It seems like we are doing a good job with our technology research.”
“Yes, we are.”

(1 Hour Later)
(Foreign Advisor)“We have another contact. This time with a civilization called Russia. They had 121 bags of gold so we decided to exchange Polytheism for it.”
“Good.”

(Culture Advisor) Earlier, we had a city flip to the Incans side. This is because of our poor culture.”
“Oh my. We will act immediately.”

And so it was, an age of culture began. All of Byzantines cities were building libraries. Slowly Byzantine was catching up in the culture race. But not for another two thousand years would Byzantine ever gain cultural superiority. They ignored it for too long, and now they are at the risk of their own people.

A revolution began. A revolution from Despotism to… MONARCHY. The government of the people’s choice. The best government of all time. The Byzantine Empire was at its peak in terms of Production, efficiency, and growth. For the middle Ages, that is.

The only problem was, culture. The Byzantine’s had to act fast… What will happen next? Only time will tell.

"We are now at peace with America and have exchanged this..."

"Good."
"We have signed a military alliance against the evil Aztecs. They demanded Wines from us, we declined their demand and then they declared war on us."
"Let's slay them!"

"We destroyed an Aztec city on Tundra."
"Good Let's keep conquering."
"Also, our civilization has entered a golden age!"
"Now, already, that's great!"

"We had to declare peace on the Aztecs. We lost many many units. They were just too strong. Luckily they didn't conquer any of our cities. We had to put up with KNIGHTS for 20 turns because of the alliance."
"WHAT I'm not at all happy about this."
"Yes, empress."

I had to do it. :( There were 4 other civ's building Sun Tzu's and they only had a few turns left (I investigated their city).

"Persia declared war on us!"
"ARGHH Another DOW."
"Yes."

"We captured Sidon and soon after declared peace, the Persians kept capturing our cities, but we got them back."
"Well, at least we captured one town."

*Sigh* My city flipped to Inca.

Another city is flipped again. This is the city with horses. Now I have no more horses left...

"Empress, we have very bad news. We had to switch Constantinople's wonder to a marketplace and many shields were lost. Also, another city flipped. The city with horses, now we have no more horses anymore."
"How many CITIES HAVE FLIPPED NOW?"
"About 6."
"6 CITIES AND NO MORE HORSES. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH. DECLARE WAR ON INCA."
"Are You sure you want to do this?"
"Positive."

Top Bottom