The good 'ole Memory Leak

StukaScream

Chieftain
Hi everyone. I love this game. So far i have seen a few bugs.
Suprisingly few for a new game. One however occurs to me as a good 'ole memory leak... The computer is slowed gradually over time as you play.

I have a brand new gaming PC i bought just a few weeks ago. Its like 4GB ram and some heavy cowbellz quad-core processor 'n stuff. its running on 64bits version of windows Vista. Now why that OS? i dont know, it was preinstalled. Anyway this monster baby really shouldnt slow down, but after a few hours doing things in Civ4Col it seems game is slower and slower. Anyway its just to exit game and restart so its not like the end of the world.

I just want to mention since im not sure if its the good 'ole memory leak is in Vista 64bit OS?
It could be since its like they had in windows ME.

Or if its the good 'ole memory leak in the game code?
It could also be since they had in Civ3 at release.
Now this game is far more complete than Civ3 was at release!
That story was a disaster, although it came good out after 2 expansions :p

I notice the same thing, but I'm using Windows XP and a much older computer, so instead of just slowing down, I get to a point where I have several cities and trade routes, I start to see graphics tearing, then my machine just crashes. Restarting works for a few to several more turns, but then just loading up and doing anything crashes me again. :( The domestic advisor screen will crash me earlier than if I just don't use it at all. Hope this is fixed soon!

I've found if I play with the graphics settings thatI can speed up the game while in the game.

Normally I play with anti-aliaising set to 0. If I go to Options-Graphics, and set that to 2. Then immediately reset it back to 0. When I exit after doing that, the speed of the game is much better for awhile.

Top Bottom