The Goths for VP

Also, I don't know if this is related and/or intentional, but in the Civilopedia entry for Goths, Gadraught appears twice.
Intended

3.0 compatibility

No balance changes, but some attributes were renamed in the code.

update just posted. Forgot to add +2 to engineers onto the Gulthsmitha with 3.0 compatibility

Hey, noob question here. Where should I put or unzip this file to add this civ to VP? (The Goths for VP.zip)

thanks that works but I have some kind of bug. I don't have ability unique building - gultsmitha. Instead there is shown on civ when choosing them or in civilopedia that goths have 3 unique units - Goethungi cavalry and 2x Gadrauht (one version build with loot and the other with iron. Stainskip is ok. On tech screen it says there is only normal forge availabble. There is no Gulthsmitha in civilopedia too. When iron working researched forge don't show up on the list of buildings available to build in the city.

Last edited:
How old is your Goths mod? I had to re-release the goths last week because of the 3.0 update

If you are using an older version of VP, or you haven't re-downloaded the goths from the link in the OP, the Gulthsmitha will not work.

yep this error was becouse my vp was version 2.7.3 and 4uc was v83. After updating it is fine now.

Very cool civ! Thanks for making it. There does seem to be a few issues with the Gulthsmitha at the moment. It doesn't seem to give the bonus XP for created units when you kill a unit and the +1 culture & +1 gold for every 15 military supply also didn't work for me. It only gave it for the first 15 but at the end I had over 100 military supply and still only got +2 culture +2 gold from the gulthsmitha.

Last edited:
new version of the goths is live. follow the link in the OP

UA now gives 20% CS to units standing on pillaged tiles instead of +10 healing (swapped with the Danish UA)
Gadrauht damage reduction vs cities lowered from 25% to 15%
Groethungi renamed to Rannja. Now has +15 HP from pillaging. removed 15% flanking bonus. increased base CS by 1

updated for 4.0 compatibility.

lowered/removed the :c5production: bonus to mines/engineers on the Gulthsmitha

There's a UI bug when this mod is enabled. The resources list on the top right doesn't display any strategic resouces. I'm guessing the recent horse/iron UI swap caused this. See screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    3.1 MB · Views: 42
@adan_eslavo, do you know anything about this? I believe you implemented this change to strategic ordering.

It seems credible that the change broke compatibility with new strategics added by mods.

Try to add StrategicPriority value in Resources table =8:
1705693715134.png

If this does not help, then logs are needed.

There's a UI bug when this mod is enabled. The resources list on the top right doesn't display any strategic resouces. I'm guessing the recent horse/iron UI swap caused this. See screenshot.
I had the same problem, then I followed the suggestion of @adan_eslavo and it worked.

How to fix:
1) go to folder "MODS\The Goths for VP\VPCompatibility\GraveGoods\"
2) open with notepad GraveGoods.sql file and add
Code:
UPDATE Resources SET StrategicPriority=8 WHERE Type = 'RESOURCE_GOTH_GRAVE_GOODS';

Spoiler like this :
Screenshot_2.png

Top Bottom