The Grand Accuracy Challenge!!!

Vandal Warlord

Nazgûl

The Grand Accuracy ChallengeHosted by The Uteutnicic Order
This is a tournament for all those who wish to test their skills in accuracy. And what better way to test this than using the bow and arrow! This is welcome to all!

The Basics
Ok, basicly evryone starts with 25 points that they can spend in four areas strength, ability to hold the bow, ability to handle arrows, and hand-eye coordination. Strength is for how far and straight you can shoot arrows. Ability to hold the bow helps keep your bow straight and steady when firing. Ability to handle the arrows don't help your game they just descide what type of wood your arrows are made of. Finally Hand-eye coordination assists in the way you fire your arrow(cock-eyed, eyes-of-a-hawk and such.) Any other questions please ask on this thread!

My skills
Strength: 6
Ability to hold the Bow: 4
Ability to handle arrows: 5
Hand-eye coordinaton: 10

Excuse me for not including what we are doing:blush: This is the rest!

The Games
Once we have enough contestents we will begin. What you are trying to do is get a bull's eye on a target. Closest one moves on to the seccond round. You will be situated at different distances for each round. Everyone gets three shots at the target per round. Anything else I forgot please tell me!

I'll sign up!

Strength: 7
Ability to hold the Bow: 7
Ability to handle arrows: 4
Hand-eye coordination: 7

6, 5, 6, 8

My skills
Strength: 1
Ability to hold the Bow: 1
Ability to handle arrows: 22
Hand-eye coordinaton: 1

:D

Sign me up
Strength: 10
Ability to hold the Bow: 4
Ability to handle arrows: 3
Hand-eye coordinaton: 8

My skills
Strength: 1
Ability to hold the Bow: 1
Ability to handle arrows: 22
Hand-eye coordinaton: 1

:D

Thats going to end very badly :lol:

Bit late BUT sign us up! if you can :), if you can't don't worry.

Strength: 6
Ability to hold the Bow: 6
Ability to handle arrows: 6
Hand-eye coordinaton: 7

Got you in Joe! K, I will start the first round by telling you what arrows you will be handling(based upon Ability to Handle arrows skill)

Wood tipped arrows:
blastoidstalker
Bronze tipped arrows:
Vandal Warlord (Me)
Daveshack
Gnoman Empire
Duke Blackstone
ice2k4
Joe Harker
Solid Bronze Arrows:
dutchfire

Alright next, the real games, we will go from who signed up last to first. Joe is up.

1st Round-3 meters away (Target is painted hay)
Joe readies his bow and fires,he hits the seccond most outer section. Joe's seccond shot also hits in the same section. The Third shot goes to the seccond most inner section. Joe smiles and walks back.

Next up is Blastoid. He walks up and pulls out his bow. He steadies it and fires and it hits the inner section, not exactly a bull's eye but close. He fires his next shot, it hits right next to his first shot. Many are stunned as he readies for his last shot. It fires and hits on the line between the to inner sections, it is ruled as being in the seccond most inner shot. Blastoid walks away satisfied. When the arrow boy runs out to collect arrow he pulls out two of them but could not pull out the third one due to it being lodged into the hay, causing the workers to bring out a new target.

The final person for the first round, day one, is ice. He comes out bow in hand as he aims his bow. He fires, this one hits in the exact spot Blastoid's was. He fires again this time the arrow splits th first arrow in half as it slide in. On his final shot he repeaptes it. As darkness fell over everyone left to get rest for tomorrow.

DaveShack takes his bow and bronze tipped arrows to the archers' clearing, hoping to find preparations under way for the 2nd round of the accuracy challenge. To his dismay, not only were the targets not set up, but the clearing was empty. That's odd, he thought, I wonder where everyone is today.

He starts towards one of the targets, thinking he might muscle it into position and get in a little practice, but stops after a few steps. No need to strain a muscle moving those heavy bales of hay he mutters, I'll just line up on them where they stand.

So he walks over to a point a bit farther away than the competition distance, strings his bow, and selects some arrows -- not his best of course, those would be reserved for the challenge. After several deep calming breaths, he nocks an arrow, draws, aims, and releases. He studies the arrow's impact, ties a thin thread around the bowstring to mark his aiming point, and then repeats his actions several times more adjusting the thread until he achieves a very tight grouping with the fletches of several arrows touching.

Satisfied with the morning's improvement, he collects his arrows, unstrings his bow, and carries on with his day.

(OOC- I almost forgot about this thread! Here is the update)
The day after Daveshack took his shots, everyone reconvined. It is now Dutchfire's turn. He walks over to the mound whee he is given his bow and arrow. Dutchfire's bow shakes as he fires one shot....... 5 centimeters in front of him. Dutch trys agian but, fails. On his fnal shot..... his arrow went exactly 10cm. Dutchfire droops his head and walks away.

Next is Daveshack who makes an effort to reay his bow, which he fires. And to everyone's suprise, he gets a direct bull's eye. Dave fires twice more bow hitting on the outer most ring.

The final archer for the day is Duke Blackstone. Duke readies his ow and fires away, with a moderate shot on the seccond most innner ring. Duke fires another shot this time it hit right next to his last shot. Duke waves his fist in the air and then readies for his final shot, this last shot hit the outer most ring. Happy with todays work everyone left for rest.

Couldn't you have put the target closer for me? :)

Top Bottom