The Great Armada (West Europe 1580 - 1640)

I'm currently playing as Henry IV (French Protestants), and have captured Paris. I can't seem to be able to build the "Paris is worth a mass" wonder, even though I have the Catholic Coronation resource. Is this a bug or am I just not doing it right?

Someone else had the problem. You need to have a cathedral in the city first (you can sunce you have both catholic and protestant buildings) then you can create it.
It should be written in the pedia. Please check, if it is not or you cannot find it, I will update the pedia.

Now I made it too expensive and will modify it in the next version.
I actually did that so that the player switches the capital to Paris to limit corruption in the city (for shields) but it seems most people don't like to be forced to do that move.

That's an interesting idea - it sure would make it powerful. Problem is, if it takes forever to build due to corruption it may not make much of a difference if it's completed too late in the game (I haven't checked how long it would take, but few cities have much in terms of productivity due to the lack of terrain improvements).

Playing v1.01 as the English, I used a Great Leader to pop rush the Governor's Palace in Ghent and the game crashed with a missing PediaIcons files.

First what were you doing with the English in Ghent ? :p

Second, yes you are right. Just checked so I know where the bug is now.
I will add a patch tonight or tomorrow that will correct a few things (Dutch Musketeer INI, this bug, some other small stuff (wrong size pcx,...) and add the VOC).

Thanks for reporting the bug. How was the game otherwise ?

@ No Idea : not quite sure. It really looks fantasy to me, especially the rear deck(s).

@Ironduck : yep at the moment, it is still too long to build and the idea was to transfer the capital before building it anyway. Tried to play with the flag replaces improvements with this flag checked but with poor (to say the least) results. So I am just reducing the cost.

LouLong said:
@ Arne : BTW is it actually Rameau's face (I am not so familiar with his looks !) ?).
Well, yes, I think so. It is. Also the notes(?) on background a labour of him. Here is a pediaicon of this building. :)

LouLong said:
:)

Think we could have that for tonight/tomorrow so as to include it in the patch ?
Yes, if you like to do you can. Here comes the zip files (rameau complette with splash, icons and building.pcx).

LouLong said:
First what were you doing with the English in Ghent ? :p

Second, yes you are right. Just checked so I know where the bug is now.
I will add a patch tonight or tomorrow that will correct a few things (Dutch Musketeer INI, this bug, some other small stuff (wrong size pcx,...) and add the VOC).

Thanks for reporting the bug. How was the game otherwise ?

The scenario is great! Very enjoyable. My Protestant Principalitate has made the entire British Isles safe from jesuitical rapacities (Jesuit Inquisitors might be a nice later addition) and my forces have liberated the Spanish Netherlands and am sweeping into Northern France, to re-assert the centuries old English claim to the French crown. I guess Paris can't be worth a mass for Elizabeth, because of that pesky Salic Law (See Henry V by Shakespeare)

Speaking of which, Shakespeare didn't write his first authenticated play (Henry IV, Part One) until 1590 or so, so perhaps for historical realism you could change the start so that London will finish Shakespeare's Theatre in3-4 turns. You could also add the Don Quixote as similar Spanish cultural Great Wonder, since it was contemporary with Shakespeare.

Those pikeunits look interesting, but hard to see in those tiny pics.. have any animated previews? :)

Major Update :

- Biq updated
- Patch

These necessary changes, especially the Patch, add the following things :
- correct Dutch Musketeer and Governor's House bugs
- add the proper icons for English, French and standard pikes
- add Turkish garissons and Rameau's Opera buildings
- correct the small luxury icons in the city screen
- correct the governments free units in the pedia
- made techs cost higher as they were too fast to research, especially considering the locked alliance members tend to exchange techs.
- corrected a few units costs

IMPORTANT : if you already downloaded the scenario and the main art file, you just need to download/install the patch and the new biq file. The 23 MB file does not need to be redownloaded.

BTW after 220 downloads I must say I expected some more feedback.

If some people had troubles with some files, the patch should correct that !

I'm downloading the patch and will let you know.

LouLong said:

LouLong said:

Yes i had trouble after playing as the english and stomping all over the Irish and Scots I begain to turn my attention to the Spanish and the League only to have the game crash, much to my annoyance. Up until that point i was enjoying it immensly. (alhough the totally silent battles involving Gallowglasses and english pike where a litle un-nerving)

Sneakthief said:
Yes i had trouble after playing as the english and stomping all over the Irish and Scots I begain to turn my attention to the Spanish and the League only to have the game crash, much to my annoyance. Up until that point i was enjoying it immensly. (alhough the totally silent battles involving Gallowglasses and english pike where a litle un-nerving)

With any luck the patch fixes this and i'll have another go at it and let u know my opinion later

Damn choose quote instead of edit :blush: , feel free to delete my 1st post

Top Bottom