The great CFC chain letter: around the world in 80 days!

I am sure that one of your friends who are still gigging would allow you to stand on stage to take a pic.

My pick was taken from one of the piers in the harbour here two years ago so is easier to replicate.

Regrettably, I don't have the physical energy to hike back to the place where I took my picture.

I am sorry to hear that.

Someone else could retake people’s photos but there could be a lot of problems with that.

They would have to find someone with their own camera or who you would trust with their camera. That person would also have to be willing to go and take the photo and would they take a half decent one. The other problem would be giving the person a reason for taking the photo, not everyone would want their friend to know about CFC.

There's nothing at all shameful or embarrassing about this project. As folks may recall, I took my picture in the wildlife sanctuary where I used to work back in the '80s, and the day I went there, the first person I talked to was the head interpreter, who manages the place (and used to be my supervisor). I explained about the camera project, and he was very pleased at the idea that a picture of Waskasoo Park/Kerry Wood Nature Centre would be part of an around-the-world photography project.

All that remained was for me to make sure not to run into the cougar, and get the picture taken and return to the interpretive centre while it was still open (no pay phones outside, and I needed to call a cab to get home again).

I agree that there is nothing shameful or embarrassing about this project.

I am hoping that people would agree to retake their pictures and we could get them posted here along with the note book entries especially if someone copied it.

But as you pointed out not everyone is in a position to retake their picture.

I am twenty minutes walk from where I took my picture so it is not a problem for me, just need a suitable camera. There are legitimate reasons why a person would want or could not get someone else to retake the picture.

So I gave a list of problems so people who could not or do not want to get another photo taken could give a reason if they reply to my post above.

This is what I wrote in the first notebook. It didn't occur to me to photo the entire thing.

Spoiler :

Top Bottom