The Great City of Gorina

Mayor Cyc, citizens of Gorina.

The settler who is currently facing capture did NOT originate from Gorina, but from Noshuret. I took a good look at the 570 BC save and the 430 BC save and the chat log. As you can see in the 570 BC save there existed only 1 settler. It is used to buils Lake Asphinxia. After that only Penguinadua and Noshuret build settlers. The Penguinadua settler was sent to the Iron west of Lake Asphinxia and is seen moving there through the desert. The Noshuret settler was sent east, near Regia Doughnutia and we fear for his life.

So my fellow Gorinians: NO GORINIAN FATHERS, MOTHERS, SONS AND DAUGHTERS ARE IN DANGER, but is this really important? We are 1 nation of Fanatica and have to support eachother. Let's send our sympathies to those in Noshuret who will loose or already have lost their family members. We can and must pray for 2 things. The first is that Cleo will not attack them, although knowing her, she will. The second is that they will not be slaughtered but captured and that we will release them soon.

Rik Meleet
Minister of Worker Relations of the great city of Gorina

P.S. I will not become mayor of Penguinadua. I will stay in Gorina and help mayor Cyc. This is a small set-back in my career, but a giant leap forward in Gorina's as I am still available to help build up Gorina.

Ave Mayor of Gorina

Peri and Hutz - Forensic Orators wish to open a branch office in this city. Our Head Office is in Penguiadua but it is felt that it is time to expand. The senior partner in this concern is the Judge Advocate who is also the Mayor of Penguinadua. Therefore this company is of the highest integrity. I hope that there is room in your forum for a small office.

Vale.

First of all, many thanks to Minister Meleet. Your extensive research into the origin of the Settler up North in the war zone is exemplary, as usual. I commend your efforts to calm the recent worries here in Gorina, as I'm sure the citizens do also. You are also right that we are of one nation, and that those Settlers are of us as a whole. We shall watch with great concern the outcome of this situation. Our brothers and sisters of Love in the Capital city will be well attended by the city of Gorina, whatever the end result.

Because of your outstanding work ethics and devotion to the City of Gorina, I feel I must make due compensation in regards to your position in the city government. I hereby promote you from Minister of Worker Relations to Chief Council of the Mayor. In admiration of your work, I would hope you will still oversee the detail of the open letters or reports to me on the current staus and projected goals of our illustrious city. Your perks will be greatly increased, such as you are now in control of your own account. You may occupy the office of your choosing (other than mine ;) ), obtain better housing, start your own stables (leave my horses alone :) ), and secure more guards.

Congratulations, Chief Council Rik Meleet, and thank you for a job well done. :goodjob:

Greeting's Peri of Peri and Hutz - Forensic Orators. We most certainly have room in our humble city for company of this stature. We would be honored to house the 1st branch office of Peri and Hutz. Exquisite timing, if I do say so myself.

The Mayor's Office was very impressed with the JA's judgement on the recent PI case. It was right to the heart of the issue, with ample evidence. We hope to see more of your saber-like pen slashing through the bureaucracy that can appear from nowhere at times.

As you can see from the post below, there are a couple of buildings available for your office. There is the building katy-corner to the Judicial Building to the SE or the one straight across from it on the other side of the main streets. The latter having a nice shade tree close by. Choose one of the two. As a side note, please be aware that the painting was done from a Northeasternly angle, so looking at the painting you will notice the Judicial Building is one of our most Western buildings of the city.

BTW, will your office be bringing any employees with it that will take up permenent residence here? We would love to increase our Citizens list with the names of any it will bring.

Again, welcome. And hat's off to Judge Advocate and Mayor of Penguinadua, Peri.

People of Gorina, here's the latest update of the bird's-eye view of our glorious city. Painted by a local artist from a setting in the Gorina Hills, it shows all of our new additions to the city. You can see the Granary, the Temple, the Judicial Building, and of course the Gorina Palace. Just so you know, we may be re-locating the Gorina Palace soon and renovating the current building into some other timely structure. A toast to the City of Gorina!

Ave Mayor of Gorina,

Thank you for the welcome. Lucius Hortensius Hutzrubal, the father of my partner, Lucius Hortensius Hutzrubal Orator will be setting up the office. Snce he is a freedman he is not eligible to be included in the census. However accomodation will be required for him and his household. The second property you offered looks the most suitable for our office. Hutzrubal has my complete confidence and is experienced in law. I hope that your citizens will make use of his skill. However I will be available on the nones and ides of each month if any citizen wishes to speak to me in person. I look forward to a long and happy relationship with the people of Gorina. In addition as Judge Advocate I thank you for your appreciation of the decision taken in the case of SPQF and Donovan Zoi.

Vale

Aegyptus delendus est

Lord Mayor

I must apologise for this late letter of advice. I was investigating the origin of the settler and after that was on a mission to give comfort to the families of the troubled Settler in Noshuret.

Our temple is working magnificent, 75 % of our population is happy and 25 % is content. It seems the parade also worked well ! To a simple person this would indicate that when we reach size 7 we'd still have no unhappyness trouble. I am not a simple person.

I fear that the coming loss of the settler will hit hard on the nation's population. I don't want to call it War Weariness as we are not in a Reep - you - blique or a Day - moc - ray - si, but it could have some influence. Also I am not sure all our resources are save from pillaging. Also our roadnet to our eastern cities are under thread possibly blocking the flow of goods. I am sure size 6 is problemless, but then we have to give some entertainment or decrease the tax-pressure by the lux-slider.

Our build queue is currently: regular Legionary, regular Legionary. Why regular ? We might not be allowed to build barracks. Although, with good management creating 6 shields (one for corruption) we have 5 shields working for us and the barracks can be finished in 4 turns. If the Military Advisor and the President desire Legionairs The best set-up would be the same. Our laborers should work the Iron-tile, the 2 mined-grasslands and an unworked grassland tile. By using the roaded plains instead of the unworked grassland we'd stop growing.

I still don't understand why working a roaded plains instead of an unworked grassland stops our citizens from making love ... :love: :confused:

I've heard rumors that Gorina will be chosen for a Wonder. If that is to happen, start explaining our government that we then need to grow in size and improve our tiles !!! Ask for some workers to do that. Our civilization will be the laughing stock of the world if we try to do wonders in this underdeveloped state of existence. Let Gorina be a Wonder of the World by itself.

Rik Meleet
Minister of Worker Relations of the great city of Gorina

Mayor Cyc has ordered two wagons of the finest flowers to be transplanted from the Gardens of Gorina to the hillside west of the road, overlooking the Lake outside Noshuret. The placement of these flowers is to symbolize the sympathy and regret for the lose of the Settler group to the Egyptians.

Word had gotten out that this order had been given and spread quickly through Gorina. To show the union of the city, the backing of the Mayor, and the feelings of their own hearts a large gathering of Gorinians met at the river north of the city, to follow the wagons. After a brief prayer, the long procession began.

To: Chief Council Rik Meleet,

Thank you for your report. Don't worry about its timeliness, the are troubled days. I appreciate your work. In regards to your advice, I believe we should build a Barracks in Gorina immediately. This should be followed by some Legionaries. Although I would like to see a Library built in Gorina as quickly as possible, we should supply the frontlines with some reinforcements. Also, one of those Legions should be kept in Gorina when our pop size nears 7. This extra military unit should work wonders as far as securing the city and keeping any war weariness at bay. I agree that 75% happiness is a good number. Rikki, don't lose that number :).

We have regained our Worker, who is now on the roaded plains tile irrigating. I would like to see him mining the grassland tiles after that.

And finally, in regards to your question about the love-making traits of Gorinians, I am reminded of a song by a group of musicians that play here at the palace called the Beatles. Their song goes something like "Why don't we do it in the road?" :lol:

Thanks again...

Lord Mayor, citizens

Please don't call me Rikki.

I looked around a bit to the list of Great Wonders. Our competitors are Texcoco, size 1, Philadelphia, size 1 and Sparta, size 2. These are no thread; they have just started building and are small. Compared to Gorina, size 5 in 2 turns, they are nothing. Especially when we mine our grasslands and allow growth to forfill our destiny as a production powerhouse.

But: several cities have been building the Pyramids for a long time and might be complete soon. Heliopolis, size 4, Athens, size 6, Washington, size 5 and Tlaxcala, size 5.
Athens was already building it in 1250 BC.
I noticed something strange in the Aztec Empire; in 1025 BC Tenochtitlan was building the Pyramids and Tlaxcala the Oracle and now Tlaxcala is building the Pyramids and Tenochtitlan no wonders :confused: so the AI switched locations ...
The cities of Heliopolis and Washington were on The Oracle, but when the Babylonians completed it in 670 BC they switched to Pyramids. Heliopolis was already building in 1025 BC and Washington in 900 BC.

So I fear the Pyramids will be finished soon. All 3 civs are Philosophy and Mapmaking up on us, but not Polytheism or construction, so there is just 1 alternative Wonder we can't build which they can; Great Lighthouse. Although both Washington and Tlaxcala are coastel; Athens is not and Heliopolis is not. Washington and Tlaxcala will go for Great Lighthouse, Athens will loose it's shields or remove Sparta from Great Library and work on it itself, but: Heliopolis will cascade to Great Library!, unless that city will finish the Pyramids first!

In all: We will NOT get the Great Library unless we get a Leader fast and have enough time to get him to Gorina.

Therefore I suggest you point out to provincial Governor Eyrie to stop building the Great Library and switch to barracks (I'm not in favor of a library yet; it's war) to create Veteran Legionairs or upgrade warriors so we will fend of Egypt, gain their lands and have a shot at a Leader who will help us further.

My second point is that we need workers to improve our growing Metropolis tiles. A vote was cast and Gorina will be a Metropolis, so act on it.

My proposed build queue:
Barracks, Spearman (upgrade the warrior then to Legionary), library (if the war is over or going very well)

OR

Barracks, Spearman (upgrade the warrior then to Legionary), Legionary.

[edit]I just realised why there is more love on the grasslands then on the plains. Gorinians also like privacy in these matters and long high grass lowers visibility better than the vegetation on plains. ;) [end edit]

Rik Meleet
Deputy Mayor of the Great city of Gorina (thanks for the promotion)

Ack, I say, ack!

Vacation has kept me away, to which I apologize. I seemed to have missed all the fun. :( However, i am glad to see the courthouse here. As head pf research and development, I'd like to see a library sometime, but I can understand if it takes a little while for that o happen. I'll post back when I actually have more to say...

[plasma] :egypt: :rocket2:

My dear Sir Isaac.

I'm glad you've returned from your well-earned vacation. I hope you had a great time. Where has your holiday lead to ?

I do fear though that you've suffered sunstroke or maybe an apple dropped on your head too hard; Gorina has no courthouse !

The nice new building you see in our town is the Judicial Building, a sort of natrional courthouse in which Chief Justice Donsig is taking care of our Nation's judicial needs. During your absence there was talk that our beloved President, Donovan Zoi had to come here to explain the misuse of a settler-team, but his was reverted for now.

I fully understand your mistake. Although justice is performed here it's a judicial building for the nation. Local Gorinian justice cannot be taken place here; for that we need an own local courthouse. Crime is so low here and happiness so high (and rightly so) that we haven't had the need to start a courthouse here yet. There is no need for it now.

I realise you are eager to perform as a scientist and thus desire a library to look up theories and create your own, but I fear that is not the biggest need for our nation. Lord Mayor Cyc is desiring a library soon as Gorina is appointed to be a Metropolis; a powerhouse in culture, sciense and production, but the war has moved this to the future. I am afraid you have to do your work at home. I will assist you as much as possible so you can get our nation to learn Polytheism and after that maybe Monarchy. If you have any needs for this, please come to my office and I will see what I can do to help you.

Regards,

Rik Meleet
Deputy Mayor of the great city of Gorina,
former Minister of worker relations of the great city of Gorina.

My dear Lord Mayor.

I want to thank you officially for my promotion to Deputy Mayor. I used to have the title of Minister of worker relations of the great city of Gorina.

Although my new title brings new responsibilities I do want to express to all Gorinians that I will still be performing the tasks as the minister for everyone who needs it. My office door will still be opened to all who wants to speak to me on this.

Rik

Welcome back from your vacation Sir Isaac_Newton. I trust it was a pleasant one. If you're ready to roll up your sleeves and rejoin the workforce, you might consider expanding your responsibilities to that of Minister of Worker Relations. Although Rik Meleet is still overseeing that position, I fear our meager City Employee titles will not be enough for our own eminent Rik Meleet. His outstanding work history here in Gorina has come under the National spotlight, and may elevate him to a more suitable status. I of course would welcome you whole-heartedly into the upper offices of Gorina, just as I encourage Rik Meleet to seek out new frontiers in his political career.

The procession carried on through the night and stopped to rest about 2/3 of the way there. The horses were fed and watered. Small campfires were started by most of the travelers, inhopes of getting a quick meal. Some slept after eating, some gathered to tell stories. With the area free of barbarians, most felt safe on the road. With Gladiatus in charge of the mission, an extra added sense of security was provided.

Soon the horses were hitched up and everyone prepared to journey on. Torches were lit the way until the Morning Sun light the cloudless sky enough to see.

Finally, they arrived at the designated spot, and the Head Gardeners plotted out the design of the project. It had been decided to plant the colorful flowers in the shape of the Alpha and Omega symbols of olde, to signify the first and the last. The expanse of the project was such that it could be seen from the city of Noshuret, the colors vivd and alluring. As the lower level of flowers was removed from one of the wagons, a huge marble column was revealed. The gardeners supervised the removal of the column, which took the strength of most of the men in the procession. It was brought to rest, set in a small trench that was dug for it. As it rolled into place, the one facet of the column that had been flattened the length of of it, came to face outwards. Across the surface of this flat expanse were the deeply carved words of TEMEL NOSCE.

With everything in place and all the areas cleaned up, Gladiatus began to strike his sword against his shield, calling the Gorinians together. Assembled before the project silently presented to the people of Noshuret, the Gorinians knelt in prayer. At this time Gladiatus brought forth and introduced Lucius Hortensius Hutzrubal. Explaining that Hutzrubal was a man of words, the dedication of the project was to be given by him. A long time Fanatican, originally from Penguinadua, Hutzrubal lifted the spirits of the crowd with his silvery words. He made it clear that this presentation, filled with life and color, was more than a gift to the people of Noshuret. It was a bonding of souls and spirits, as well as a symbol of strength as we move forward in time as a Nation.

Gratefully accepted by the crowd, a loud uproar and applause errupted that may have been heard in Noshuret. The Ceremony over, the entire group headed for the Lake to celebrate their accomplishment. Another great day for Gorina.

People of Gorina! I come to you now with a matter of utmost importance. After reviewing the 230bc save, it has come to my attention that one of our laborers is not working the tile that they were assigned. As I say, only one laborer is involved in this mishap, but it is a very important laborer. The Iron tile has ceased production in favor of an unimproved grassland tile. This will not do!

In response to the situation stated above, I have posted in the Governor's and the President's thread. This situation is in direct contradiction to the posted t/c Instructions left by Governor eyrei for the t/c. I have asked that the situation be rectified immediately.

I ask the citizens of Gorina to gather in support of this issue, so that we may get the Iron hill tile back back into production for our great (yes, great) city.

Long live Gorina!

Lord Mayor,

I will find the laborer who left his post and I will personally find new ways to motivate him ! (Yes I've just watch the original Star Wars-trilogy, thus my lingo). It must be the one stealing some of our shields and commerce we are loosing to corruption.

I call upon our laborers just this once: Don't play this game with me ! You son't want to see me angry.

And here's the latest update to the Bird's Eye view of Gorina. That's a fine barracks we have now, isn't it.

In memory of our lost Settlers, I must bring to the forefront my position on the War with Egypt. This is not a matter I take lightly, as living, breathing components of the Fanatican society were taken from us, without a second thought.

We did not ask for this war. It was declared upon us by the crazed leader Cleo, of the Egyptians. What did she declare war for, a map and some gold? Maybe for some real estate? This is highly unacceptable to me.

As Mayor of Gorina, I feel we must press on and take from Cleo her most productive cities. I believe we should denounce what she calls Egyptian Culture as rubbish, and put her in her place. As one of this first to speak out against this plan of peace, I call on you now to join with me in support of the war. May our swords be swift and unmerciful.

Cyc
Mayor of Gorina

Top Bottom