[GS] The Great Duel of Our Time

Who would be the weakest one for Carl to play as? Ghandi? Tamar?

Hmmm. What about the other choices? Map? Speed? Difficulty? Ask Ed.

Its an interesting question. I suspect nothing will save poor Ed, but maybe we can come up with a civ and some strategies as well that will at least frustrate Karl.

Oooh, already got it.

Tell him Phoenicia. Island map.

Inca, minimum world age, one of those maps with extra mountain

I was thinking that, but maximizing Inca is probably beyond Ed's ability. But a straight-up early naval troll is very simple and easy.

edit: its not just about picking a civ, its about picking a civ that Ed will be successful with.

If he's picking the other two ai civs, do NOT pick Eleanor as either of them. O mon dieu.

Hmmm. Although, its possible to get the ai to help him. I'm sorry, do we know the agendas yet? I haven't seen them.

edit: nm... in pvp, only an idiot is going to build a city directly on the coast. I'd have to think about this more, and watch some of Ed's games a bit more thoroughly.

Its a cool idea. Maybe we can see Sara woop some buttock in the future!

Last edited:
Okay okay I have it.

Ed - Maori
Carl - Phoenicia

Force them to fight over coastal territory.

Then...

AI - Ottomans

Naval raiders and Ibrahim espionage.

AI - Eleanor of England

Sea dog and cultural flipping.

If he's picking the other two ai civs, do NOT pick Eleanor as either of them. O mon dieu.

Hmmm. Although, its possible to get the ai to help him. I'm sorry, do we know the agendas yet? I haven't seen them.

edit: nm... in pvp, only an idiot is going to build a city directly on the coast. I'd have to think about this more, and watch some of Ed's games a bit more thoroughly.

Its a cool idea. Maybe we can see Sara woop some buttock in the future!

Phonecia could make a good job settling on the coast since she would be loyalty immune and her “heal every turn boats” would make her cities hard to take from the water without a significant military advantage (downing the boat in one turn).

Top Bottom