[GS] The Great Duel of Our Time

I don't remember all the new agendas, but I think that Eleanor and Dido would like the Inca, as the Inca can avoid the coast and have big cities.

He said he's leaning against Inca because of this leader agenda strategy. Also, he said that the leaders would dislike Canada specifically.

I think Suleiman might there. Canada won't conquer city states. Also, if Ed plays Eleanor, Canada will be less loyal.

Ottoman Ed vs Mali Carl. Take them both out of their element.

Its no question, Hungary is the strongest choice for Ed. And as for the two AI civs . . . it doesn't really matter since both Ed and Carl should be taking them out ASAP.

Ed recently Tweeted that he was considering Hungary for himself and Canada for Carl, but he is rethinking that due to something he encountered while practicing.

Monday at 18:00 UTC.

Are you sure about that time? I thought it was 7AM PST. Unless my UTC conversion is off. I'm not familiar with UTC. I used GMT in the Navy. Yes it's the same, just different name.

Where can I watch this?

Presumably Twitch on Firaxis games channel. Maybe on Youtube live too.

Where can I watch this?

I am sure you will be able to watch it on all the usual Firaxis livestream sources (youtube, twitch etc). I am sure we will post a link here. Firaxis also always posts a link on their social media pages like Twitter and Facebook. You won't be able to miss it.

Their Tweet said "10am PT", which is UTC-8 (i.e. the same as PST) at this time of the year.

ahh so their tweet said something different than what they said at the end of their livestream last Thursday. I distinctly remember them saying 10AM (Eastern). Are you sure this tweet isn't for Eastern time? Keep in mind Firaxis is on East coast (even if 2k is on West coast).

ahh so their tweet said something different than what they said at the end of their livestream last Thursday. I distinctly remember them saying 10AM (Eastern). Are you sure this tweet isn't for Eastern time? Keep in mind Firaxis is on East coast (even if 2k is on West coast).

Yes, the text of the Tweet explicitly said the timezone was "PT". There was actually no reference at all to time or timezone in the Thursday livestream beyond the vague "it's going to be all afternoon".

Last edited:
I can actually watch it then. good. And I can crack open a cold one as well since I will be off for 4 days after that.

I’m sad I’ll miss it. I’ll be at work. I might take a peek here and there. I’m surprised there aren’t any bets as who will win. :D

I don't understand, if they know Canada is such utter Moderator Action: <snip> that to handicap someone is to force them to play Canada; why don't they just buff the civ until it reaches parity with other civs?

I was watching quill18's canada let's play and it was so sad, it was like watching a civ with literally 0 bonuses.

Moderator Action: Please comply with site rules regarding use of inappropriate language -- Browd
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Carl will win because he can surprise war but Ed can't and Sweden doesn't seem like a good warmongering Civ.

Last edited:
Top Bottom