[GS] The Great Duel of Our Time

If the City State followed Ed into war with Carl, having the units flip back to being controlled by their City State may not have much impact. I guess they lose the bonus stats they get as being levied Hungarian units. City States are pretty aggressive on the attack, though, and even without the bonus, they're now Swordsmen facing Warriors/Archers.
Ed had 273 gold when the break started. If that isn't sufficient for another levying on online speed, he can sell some luxuries or strategic resources to Eleanor and just levy again.

I'm rooting for Ed. I like Ed, and he's a geography nerd like me.

I love that that Wayne Gretzky (?) quote has actually been a Dutch saying for centuries :p 'Niet geschoten is altijd mis', literally; 'Not shot (verb, perfect past) is always miss'.

Not able to watch from work, but I am enjoying following along on this thread.
#TeamEd

Carl's noticing that building a Wonder turned out not to be the best idea.

Ed could have played this better. Having prepped a second City state would've allowed him to hammer Carl more effectively. As is, it seems he mainly delayed Carl (who very likely will reclaim Halifax).

If Ed would levy again, he would get a some chariots that he could upgrade to Knights :D but I think he doesn't want to win with that strategy now and keep on playing. Just do some damage to Carl.

on the back burner Ed is getting all the time to invest in his infrastructure. Carl has to keep building military units while Ed keeps levying and not allowing Carl to breathe

on the back burner Ed is getting all the time to invest in his infrastructure. Carl has to keep building military units while Ed keeps levying and not allowing Carl to breathe

Hungary doesn't have to choose between expanding aggressively or peacefully. They can do both at the same time.

If Ed can't keep up his money though he might be pretty screwed once he loses control of the units. I have no idea how much the levies cost later in the game but yeah...

They mentioned that Norway is now really strong with the pillaging changes.

Think i'm going to hold my breathe until i try it. Will probably be my first game in GS

Top Bottom