1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Great Greek Proxy Empire

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by Niniux, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Niniux

Niniux Chieftain

Leader: Alexander of Greece
    Difficulty: Leaning towards King but might do it at Prince, just to make sure my strategy is as effective.
    Map Type: Either Pangaea or Terra Incognita (custom map script)
    Map Size: If Pangaea, then Large, Standard if Terra Incognita.
    Speed: Taking opinions on if Epic or Standard would work better for the strategy.
    Goal: Going for a Military victory without taking any capitals myself.

Strategy: My plan is to befriend a number of City States. One of which I will be constantly gifting units. I will pay Rival civs to war with the CS which I am gifting units to, hoping that will envelop the Civs by doing so. My own cities will be focused solely on developing gold, with the exception of perhaps one military producer. I hope to gain a good Science lead based on mostly the Science I get from City States from the Patronage Social Policy Tree.

Thoughts? I'll be starting the game either tonight, tomorrow or the next day. I will take lots of screenshots. :D

2. Sable

Sable Chieftain

I basically just did this on a Pangaea map that was essentially two separate continents with an isthmus in between. I tore poor Hiawatha apart with this strategy--it's pretty freaking hilarious. Standard works just fine for the strategy. And it will make you feel evil and Magnificent Bastard-y. Or at least, it did for me :D