1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

The Great Lakes

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Custom maps' started by WebmasterNeal, Jun 10, 2011.

1. WebmasterNeal

WebmasterNeal Chieftain

I submitted this map yesterday in the downloads section but apparently approvals are slow (this is my first Civ map & submission so I'm sort of new to this)....

Introducing a large Civilization V map of North America's five Great Lakes. The map spans from northern Minnesota, through Wisconsin, Michigan, Ontario and western New York.

I laid out each hex using an overlay of Google Maps so the landmasses, rivers and lakes should be very accurate. Below are some pictures of the map with various layers turned on.

Bare map with hills, trees, and resources turned off:

Map with hills and trees turned on:

Map with all features turned on:

Download the Map

2. xxhe

xxhe Chieftain

Looks great:clap:. Will try it in these days.

From your preview images - I know that I might be nitpicking - but I think you could move the position of whales a bit - at least move them into deep water...