The Great Lost Civilizations v0.6 (beta1) - now available !!!

LBPB

King
Here we are !!!
[party]

The Great Lost Civilizations Mod (early beta 1) is now Available after 2 month of really hard work ! :p

Download zone : :cool:
:D GLC-beta1-US-FR.zip :D

Package description :
Warning the file is about 80Mb
This package include both English & French version

Installation notes :
- Download the Package
- Unzip in \Civilization3\PTW\Scenarios\
- Launch play the world
- Load scenario
- Select GLC scenario you want (english or french)
- Load the scenario
- Enjoy ! :D

Last notes :
This is only a beta version released for volunteers beta-testers !
(That mean that GLC is not totaly finished, somes new stuffs will be added latter).
There's only 1 playable map included, some news one will shortly follow as well as the first GLC scenario "The Troy War".
All feedback, bug, error, mistake, suggestion should be posted in that forum (http://www.cdgroup.org/forums/tbs/civ3/viewforum.php?f=292)

Have Fun !

The GLC Team

would it be possible to post the bix file only? I dont have the time to play a game these days, but i would be willing to give suggestion/critics from looking at the mod setup.

Originally posted by Yoda Power
would it be possible to post the bix file only? I dont have the time to play a game these days, but i would be willing to give suggestion/critics from looking at the mod setup.

No probs here is the bix file US version ;)

Great Lost Civilization US (v0.6 - beta 1).bix

interesting, but whats with the map? Why not have areal world map instead, or just let the mod make random maps?

Originally posted by Yoda Power
interesting, but whats with the map? Why not have areal world map instead, or just let the mod make random maps?

:nuke: That's only a test map released for the beta, the main reason is for debuging, when a feedback tells me of a problem in an area (not the map but also everything), I can locate it immediately on my computer, then trying to quickly debug it.

:nuke: Real world maps will follow soon with Scenarios, these are under way. (btw Greece scenario Map is 4/5 done)

:nuke: You can allow the mod to make random map, but I've never see a real Galley pass trought an Ocean, I think it's too unrealistic.

Originally posted by LBPB
:nuke: You can allow the mod to make random map, but I've never see a real Galley pass trought an Ocean, I think it's too unrealistic.
But in the mod the parameters would´nt be the same as in reguler civ, so ocean should be passible by late ships.

the mod stop in 300ad, by this time no boat is able to do that.

nevertheless I'll make a random .bix file too with the next release.
You misunderstood me. What i mean is, for gameplay issues there would be ocean in the Medditerrainean, and the late ships(the ships that were around 300AD) would be able to cross ocean.

Ok I totally understand your point of view, but I think that

This will result in a horrible gameplay ;)

Look, you start on a small island surrounded by oceans. You will have to wait until you reach the 4 era to be able to quit this small island ! It would take you many, many hours to do that. What a frustrating game this would be !

Ok I totally understand your point of view, but I think that

This will result in a horrible gameplay ;)

Look, you start on a small island surrounded by oceans. You will have to wait until you reach the 4 era to be able to quit this small island ! It would take you many, many hours to do that. What a frustrating game this would be !
But it would be worse if you never got to leave the island, which is how it is now.

Originally posted by Ville
Could you do the mod to Mediterranean map?

This is not the main purpose of GLC, this is more TAM oriented, nevertheless some mediterranean (full & area) maps will be included as scenarios in the futur GLC release. A special GLC version will let you play in a mediterranean map too, in order to cover the maximum of world parts (and to please players). :D

The first scenario is in good way...
Did you take a look at him ???
The Trojan War. It feature a nice Greece & Egean sea Map. :egypt:

Top Bottom