Votes: 263 54.8%
  • Its a good scenario

Votes: 119 24.8%
  • Its ok

Votes: 40 8.3%
  • I dont like it

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
Is there a way to simulate Romania's late entry into the war? They came in, in 1916 I believe. Also the Austrian AI is super stupid cuz they never seem to be able to kill Serbia .

By the way Rocoteh, your placement of montenegro was brilliant! the mountains force the Austrians to take on the Serbians first..truely brilliant, thus preventing the smallest allied power from being wiped out.

music_theory7 said:
Is there a way to simulate Romania's late entry into the war? They came in, in 1916 I believe. Also the Austrian AI is super stupid cuz they never seem to be able to kill Serbia .

By the way Rocoteh, your placement of montenegro was brilliant! the mountains force the Austrians to take on the Serbians first..truely brilliant, thus preventing the smallest allied power from being wiped out.

music_theory7,

Due to the weak Diplomatic module in C3C its
hard to simulate Romanias late entry.
On Austria AI:
One can only hope for an better AI in CIV4 and
that Firaxis listen to the hard-core people (Such as the members of CFC)
when they make CIV4.
Sometimes I really doubt that....

Thank you for the comment on Montenegro.
However that was Sarevoks idea.
My version of the border between Austria-Hungary
and Italy I think is very good also.

Rocoteh

Also Civ4 must have events that can make units in certain times in places, and force countries to be at peace/ or war and tons of others. Does anyone remember the Starcraft Editor? The events were brilliant!

music_theory7 said:
Also Civ4 must have events that can make units in certain times in places, and force countries to be at peace/ or war and tons of others. Does anyone remember the Starcraft Editor? The events were brilliant!

Yes, I really agree.

Rocoteh

well, i love the game, but i MUST say, the terrain graphics need to be changed back to the regular civ 3 graphics. other than that, i love this scenario. one of the first ones i downloaded.

The Art of War said:
well, i love the game, but i MUST say, the terrain graphics need to be changed back to the regular civ 3 graphics. other than that, i love this scenario. one of the first ones i downloaded.

The Art of War,

Should a majority share that opinion, graphics
will be changed again.

Rocoteh

Rocoteh,

I have returned to Civ III and this scenario after several months of playing other games. The division game 1.2a is my prefered one. I played the Germans at Marshall level and conquered France in under 20 weeks along with 4 Russian cities. I took Britain at Marshall level twice and took Essen and Bremen in under 20 weeks as well as Gaza and the city south of it. Now I am trying Austria-Hungary. I set it up at Marshall level and played several turns. It seemed hard so I though I would try it again at Major General level to get the feel of the game first. At the easier level it seems harder since I cannot draft whereas at the Marshall level I could draft. Uh! Why is that? Any ideas? Basically, I would prefer to draft if I can. If not, I will keep chugging on and make the best of it.

Also, the British A INF can entrench but the R cannot but the Austrian R can entrench (fortify) but the A cannot. Is that intended?

Thanks in advance. The work that you guys did here is exceptional. The game engine and AI seem lacking though.

froglegs,

Thank you.
Right now I do not have the answers to your questions,
but I shall check in the editor and will return later.

Rocoteh

froglegs,

There seems to be a bug concerning certan units
ability to build forts.
They should be able to to fortify though. If not, I can not explain why.
I can not explain the draft-problem. It should work.

I hope to complete a new version of TGW-DIV within a week.

Rocoteh

Attached is the file, week 35 as AH, major general level.

Never mind, the file is 580K so the government won't let me upload it.
What is this crap!

Anyway, I have never been able to draft as Austria as "the very model of a modern major general" whereas I could as marshall. Becuase of the government, you all will just have to take me at my word.

I discovered that the original load file is under 500k so maybe the government will allow me to attach it now -- so here goes:

The government accepted it -- I think.

Also, you can verify that Austrian A INF cannot fortify/intrench whereas Austiran R can and that the Austrians cannot draft.

Also, as the Brits I discovered that I could build an airport in Kuwate City and air ship divisions from England. Come on! Ain't no way. This is 1914 for christsake!

I still like this scenario though!!!

froglegs,

I have tested your save-file.
The reason to that Austria can not draft from start
is a bug. It will be corrected in the next version of TGW-DIV.

With regard to fortify: All Austrian Infantry units can
do that when the save-file runs on my computer.
Maybe you have a non-english version of CIV?
That can cause problems what I have understood.

Rocoteh

for 2.2 or even the Div-Level wouldn't it be wise to add Malta? the city would be Valleta as a UK territory?

music_theory7 said:
for 2.2 or even the Div-Level wouldn't it be wise to add Malta? the city would be Valleta as a UK territory?

That is an good idea.
I will add it as UK territory in the next version of
TGW-DIV.

Rocoteh

Top Bottom