Votes: 119 24.8%
  • Its ok

Votes: 40 8.3%
  • I dont like it

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
Helsinki1 said:
Dear Rocoteh/Sarevoc,

after playing your fantastic Barbarossa scenario I also wanted to try this scenario of yours. I downloaded the zip-file from the beginning of this threat and installed the art and text files like described. I must be a little silly but I can´t find a file".biq" so it´s not possible for me to open this scenario. Could you please tell me what I did wrong? For all the others in this threat it seems to be possible to play - so it´s clear I must have done something wrong. Should there be a .biq file while downloading the zip-file? Or have I forgotten to download a second file ?

Thank you in advance for your help
Helsinki1
You have "forgotten" to download a second file
at the end of the first post there is an attached File: TGW2.1.zip

Adler17 said:
El Justo hason his scenario here several new dreadnoughts. Perhaps someone should ask him if they are also available for this scenario.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=95741&page=1&pp=20

Adler

These 3 new units by Wyrmshadow have already
been included in TGW-DIV 1.3.

If I have seen right all El Justos dreadnoughts refers
to these graphics.

However, maybe should all current dreadnoughts be
splitted into ship-classes in TGW-DIV 1.3.

Rocoteh

Some of the changes implemented so far:

Units shield cost increase:

Artillery 210 mm 200-240
Field Howitzer 130-160
Siege Gun 200-240 (No lethal)

Defesive Bonuses increase:

Fortifications 20-40
River 30-50

Should give a more accurate defensive character
to scenario.

BEF moved from South France to location near Amiens.

Rocoteh

Adler17 said:
El Justo hason his scenario here several new dreadnoughts. Perhaps someone should ask him if they are also available for this scenario.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=95741&page=1&pp=20

Adler
let's see...i used the Casemate BB and it's revision (both), the HMS Dreadnought and a Prinz Eugen class dreadnought (though it could be classified as a heavy cruiser or battlecruiser).

they're all available at the other site.

El Justo said:
let's see...i used the Casemate BB and it's revision (both), the HMS Dreadnought and a Prinz Eugen class dreadnought (though it could be classified as a heavy cruiser or battlecruiser).

they're all available at the other site.
"other site"?, CDG?

Adler17 said:
I didn´t saw that this was the Prinz Eugen. Since she was in ww2 I think the use is not so good. As well the casematt BBs were used in the area of 1870, 40 years earlier.

Adler

casemate BB:
"Fictional 1900 era Battleship with Great White Fleet type coloring."

please excuse me for the error, it's a monarch class, not prinz eugen

"Austro-Hungarian battleship class ordered in July 1914, but never laid down. Four were to be built at a cost of 82 million crowns, to a design drawn up by the deputy naval constructor of the KuK Marine, Franz Pitzinger. It resembled the previous Viribus Unitis class, but the displacement of 24 500 tons (22-1/2 % more) gave a margin which allowed for better protection as well as heavier armanent.

The underwater protection was a radical departure from previous Austro-Hungarian practise, and resembled the French system first introduced in the Henri IV and used in later French and Russian designs. A horizontal armour deck was carried inwards from the bottom edge of the belt, as far as the last of the three vertical bulkheads. A new 350mm (13.8-in)/45-cal gun was adopted to increase the weight of the broadside, but to maintain a balance between protection, stability and firepower, only ten guns were provided. The arrangement was unusual, with two triple turrets superimposed over two twins, enabling the metacentric height to be kept high, to avoid excessive heeling if damaged.

The Ersatz Monarch was to have been the Schiff VIII, and the Ersatz Wien the Schiff IX, while Ersatz Budapest and Ersatz Habsburg would have become Schiff X and Schiff XI. The ships would have been ordered from Stabilimento Tecnico, Trieste, Italy, and the navy yard at Pola, but contracts were never allocated.

The KuK Marine followed the German custom of withholding the names of new ships until the launching day, and referred to them merely as replacements for old ships, hence Ersatz (replacement). Several sketch designs were produced, and the final appearance of the ships cannot be known with certainty, but they all had raised forecastles for better seaworthiness. Another noteworthy feature was the provision of lattice towers amidships to carry searchlight platforms, and the 150mm (5.9-in) guns were carried higher than before.

The 350-mm (13.8-in) L/45 was designed by Skoda, and had a muzzle velocity of 820 m/sec (2690 ft/sec). It weighed 74 tonnes and fired a 635-kg (1400 lb) shell about 31 500 m (34 450 yards). The guns for Schiff VIII had been ordered from Skoda's factory at Polsen before the outbreak of the war, but no further orders were placed. Four guns were delivered to the army in 1916-18 for use on the Italian front and the remainder were seized by the French as warloot.

By the end of 1917 all four vessels had been cancelled."

These units, all by Wyrmshadow will be
included in TGW-DIV 1.3.

HMS Dreadnought
Tegetthoff-class
Casemate Battleship
Sharnhorst WWI
Olympia
Armored Cruiser
4 Stacker Destroyer

Rocoteh

wyrmshadow has cranked out several new ones over the last few weeks. it encouraged me to diversify my AoI scenario despite the painstaking process of adding in all of the new stuff. it's worth it though.

The units made by Wyrmshadow are of
incredible value.

I want to include them, even it means that
the download will be much larger.

Rocoteh

Top Bottom