Votes: 263 54.8%
  • Its a good scenario

Votes: 119 24.8%
  • Its ok

Votes: 40 8.3%
  • I dont like it

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
Hi, i am new at this forum but i tried some scneario's before though. I really like this scenario, but i found an too easy win tactic. With Germany or Austria-Hungary i just trench my eastern borders against the Russians then i start mass producing siege guns. Then i dig at (first France) enemy cities and destory all occupants (defending unts) with my siege guns, i have about 75 now (end of 1914) and can take 3 cities per turn. Very good scenario but the siege guns win the day.

To find a more challenging game you should try to set up a PBEM with some human opponents as they use artillery effectively. Like you explained in your post, siege guns, especially in human hands, can lead to some very successful offensives.

BK

Kessel said:
Hi, i am new at this forum but i tried some scneario's before though. I really like this scenario, but i found an too easy win tactic. With Germany or Austria-Hungary i just trench my eastern borders against the Russians then i start mass producing siege guns. Then i dig at (first France) enemy cities and destory all occupants (defending unts) with my siege guns, i have about 75 now (end of 1914) and can take 3 cities per turn. Very good scenario but the siege guns win the day.

Kessel,

Is this TGW-DIV 1.4? I ask since the ranges for artillery was
reduced in this version.
As BkGreatWarnut says the scenario is more realistic as PBEM.
I intend to launch a new version of TGW-DIV Multiplayer
within some weeks.

Rocoteh

Download TGW-DIV 1.4:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=1694069#post1694069

for those who want real challenge, should play ottomans and put AI to deity and most aggressive. Russians will attack with (at least) 50 cossaks and infantry, and same time english are coming from egypt and arabs attacking to mecca. also greek navy will most propably sink half of ur navy, and enemy agents are sabotaging ur production etc etc :crazyeye: ...

I downloaded TGW 2.1 last week, but I couldn`t transform new leaders into corps, so I switched to TGW-DIV.
I think it`s even better because it`s easier to overview the troops.
I don`t know if you want to make TGW-DIV 1.5 but if it`s the case, here are some problems I found:

- the mine fields will be moved if you don`t make a contract with Denmark to use their territory (sorry I don`t know the english expression for that :rolleyes: )

- in the first turn I conquered Belgium, defeated all French units in my territory and fortified all tiles at the French borders. The effect was that the French took all their troops outside their cities ( about 50) and walked over the Alps, so I was able to conquer Paris and all the cities east of it in one turn. Thats propably something you cant fix cause it`s an AI problem but I just wanted to mention it.

-I also think it`s a problem that there is no city south of Paris. It is sometimes very annoying because you can`t move forward very fast when you want to conquer the southwest of France

- I don`t know if it is wanted but I saw that the Germans have no source of salpeter so I bought it from the Turks.

- some city names (I know that this is something you heard of a lot of times, sorry :rolleyes: ) are wrong Versallies is Versailles and if you use the english names Nürnberg is Nuremberg and Königsberg is Konigsberg(I think).

But these problems can`t force me to stop playing this scenario. I`m very interested in history, mostly in the history of my country between 1870 and 1950 and I think this scenario is very historically accurate. My computer has only 800 MHz and 128 MB Ram ( loading a game needs at least 5 minutes and loading the scenario from the beginning even needs about 35 minutes) but even that can`t stop me from playing.
I hope you wont stop working at this scenario, because it`s the best I`ve ever seen - not only in Civilisation III - and I`ve played a lot of games ;)

edit:
I forgot: I also think it was a good idea to shorten the range of artillery in TGW-DIV, because you need to build the very expensive railguns or the weak counterbattery artillery to have a range of 2 tiles.It makes infantry much more important again.

Michael II,

I will see if I can do anything to stop France-AI from
making the strange Alps-march you mention.

No city south of Paris. I will check that also.

Germany should have salpeter at start. I will change that.

Notes have been taken on city-names.

Thank you for the positive words on the scenario.
Its my intention to make both an new Multiplayer version and
later TGW-DIV 1.5.

The response on TGW was incredible the first 6 months after
release. Interest for the scenario is still high, and I intend to support it.

Thank you for your comments.

Rocoteh

Download TGW-DIV 1.4:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=1694069#post1694069

I just played the first turn or so, and so far it's very good. I think it'd be nice if France, England and Italy had Flags instead of the regular heads from the game, but other than that it's very good.

the weapons will be silent for the next two weeks but i`ll be back to crush the Entente :p

I personally don´t think Germany should have Salpeter. Indeed it was so that because of the war no Salpeter could be imported. Germany needed the Chilenean Salpeter to produce ammo. And the ammo in stroe was only lasting for a month or so. Nevertheless the German chemicians found a way to produce ammo without Salpeter. So the war could go on.

Adler

Elrohir said:
I just played the first turn or so, and so far it's very good. I think it'd be nice if France, England and Italy had Flags instead of the regular heads from the game, but other than that it's very good.

Elrohir,

Thank you.

I hope you will post here again.

Rocoteh

Adler17 said:
I personally don´t think Germany should have Salpeter. Indeed it was so that because of the war no Salpeter could be imported. Germany needed the Chilenean Salpeter to produce ammo. And the ammo in stroe was only lasting for a month or so. Nevertheless the German chemicians found a way to produce ammo without Salpeter. So the war could go on.

Adler

Adler,

That is a very good point!
OK I leave salpeter as it is.

Rocoteh

Rocoteh said:
Elrohir,

Thank you.

I hope you will post here again.

Rocoteh

Ok, after playing for about 20 turns as Germany, only two or three problems so far, and I'm not sure you can help with most of them: First, After I invade Belgium France takes all her troops on the Western Front, puts some of them in her cities and moves the rest up north. I spent 10-15 turns before I seem to have finally finished destroying France's army, and now I'm finally starting to take over France. Second, nearly ever time I try to plant a spy he's caught! We're the Germans sucky spymasters or something? And Third, the tech tree: Things should be a little faster to research, by a third or so, because the turns are so long, and as it is it makes no differant whether I have 10% or 100% scientific research going on, it still takes the same 26 turns. Also the Modern Age with it's computers and microchips should be taken out.

Other than those few things, it's great.

Elrohir said:
Ok, after playing for about 20 turns as Germany, only two or three problems so far, and I'm not sure you can help with most of them: First, After I invade Belgium France takes all her troops on the Western Front, puts some of them in her cities and moves the rest up north. I spent 10-15 turns before I seem to have finally finished destroying France's army, and now I'm finally starting to take over France. Second, nearly ever time I try to plant a spy he's caught! We're the Germans sucky spymasters or something? And Third, the tech tree: Things should be a little faster to research, by a third or so, because the turns are so long, and as it is it makes no differant whether I have 10% or 100% scientific research going on, it still takes the same 26 turns. Also the Modern Age with it's computers and microchips should be taken out.

Other than those few things, it's great.

OK, notes have been taken.

Rocoteh

Sorry to keep bugging you with little things, but the Railguns: I researched them first, becuase I thought "Hey cool, the railguns were really powerful!" But....their NOT. Their only a little better than siege guns, and way more expensive, and harder to get. You should probably either take them out, or increase their range to a full two squares around, and make sure it has lethal bombardment.

Elrohir said:
Sorry to keep bugging you with little things, but the Railguns: I researched them first, becuase I thought "Hey cool, the railguns were really powerful!" But....their NOT. Their only a little better than siege guns, and way more expensive, and harder to get. You should probably either take them out, or increase their range to a full two squares around, and make sure it has lethal bombardment.

Elrohir,

Earlier there were many complaints that railguns were to strong.

Now they are to weak now compared to cost. I will change this in
TGW-DIV 1.5.

Thank you for the comment. There are still changes to do in TGW-DIV.

Rocoteh

HELP PLEASE!

I have a Pentium 900MHz with 128RAM - roughly how long should TGW take to load? (I waited for what felt like a long time but with no luck?)

Top Bottom