Votes: 263 54.8%
  • Its a good scenario

Votes: 119 24.8%
  • Its ok

Votes: 40 8.3%
  • I dont like it

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
@Slyk - The only way to reduce production of all those Russian infantry is to conquer (IIRC) Moscow, which has the Russian Reinforcemnt wonder. And also the Russians start out with
lots of infantry. BTW, I think the reason the AI doesn't attack with them is that the Russian infantry sucks at attacking.
I found out the hard way. Of course, this does accurately
simulate the real Russian ineptness on offense (with the
exception of the Brusilov offensive).
All they're really good for is
garrison duty, and protecting stacks of artillery & Cossacs.

Serutan, that is what I assumed but got off track with my own post. I guess the bigger picture is 'can' the game be configured to tier or level down production? I assume not. My guess is the best you could get is to have a larger starting number of units, increase cost for production and force the AI/player to ration use of troops and really apply some strategy to maximize resources.

In the meantime, every 'army' that I have will be marching directly to Moscow, screw this unified front theory, I'm going for the 'kill' hahahaha....he said with such lofty hopes. Wonder what that will cost me?

This map is to easy as Germany. Simply build a trench/machine gun shield on the western front to contain France then do an all-out offensive against Russia. From Switzerland to the Belgian coast put 5-10 machine gunners with trenches on each square with a few reserves behind them, then throw everything else at Russia. Although, since Austria well-ny useless it takes a while to beat Russia to her knees.

Btw, historically the Germans should have to use quite a number of their soldiers to help the Austrians, as the Russian military was able to defeat the Austrians at several times!

I must tell some mistakes about Turkey.

-Capital city is İstanbul since 1453.When Turkish armies conquered Constantinopolis from Byzantium Empire in May 29 1453,its name changed.So true name is İstanbul in 1914.

-There is a railroad line from İstanbul to Arabia and Iraq in 1914(constructed by Germans before the war).Arabian line destroyed by Arap rebels(or freedom fighters,it is up to you)(leading by Lawrance,British agent) in war.

-Turkish map has so few cities.And most of them are too advanced.There weren't factories and some other important buildings in all the cities in 1914.I don't know other countries but i guess there must some mistakes like that.

-You should use mountains instead of hills on East Turkey.Because there are a lot of high mountains like Ağrı(more than 5000 metres).

They are my first foundings.I will send other messages if i find something else.But i must thank you for this scenario.You made a great job!Good works.

Thanks.

Justifier said:

-Capital city is İstanbul since 1453.When Turkish armies conquered Constantinopolis from Byzantium Empire in May 29 1453,its name changed.So true name is İstanbul in 1914.

Read post 18, 19 and 20!

Byzantium change to Constantinopel in 1453.
Constantinopel change to Istanbul in 1924.

[DK]cram said:
Read post 18, 19 and 20!

Byzantium change to Constantinopel in 1453.
Constantinopel change to Istanbul in 1924.

I read them already.But you are wrong.Greece cities and Roman Empire used Byzantium to call it.When Roman Empire collapsed Byzantium Empire founded on Balkans and Anatolia.They changed its name to Constantinopole(May 11 330).Almost 1000 years later,Turkish attacks begun to Byzantium Empire.Finally in May 29 1453 city conquered.And history of Byzantium Empire ended.After that day Turks changed its name and it became İstanbul.
You said 1924.In 23 october 1923 Republic of Turkey founded.But İstanbul was already Istanbul.

Justifier said:
I read them already.But you are wrong.Greece cities and Roman Empire used Byzantium to call it.When Roman Empire collapsed Byzantium Empire founded on Balkans and Anatolia.They changed its name to Constantinopole(May 11 330).Almost 1000 years later,Turkish attacks begun to Byzantium Empire.Finally in May 29 1453 city conquered.And history of Byzantium Empire ended.After that day Turks changed its name and it became İstanbul.
You said 1924.In 23 october 1923 Republic of Turkey founded.But İstanbul was already Istanbul.

In the 20th century the city was renamed Istanbul. The renaming became official in 1930.(From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantium)

So yes i was wrong. ;)

Rocoteh said:
TGW-DIV Fast 1.0

VERY IMPORTANT:YOU MUST HAVE INSTALLED TGW-DIV
TO PLAY TGW-DIV Fast 1.0

Credits for TGW-DIV 1.0: CellKu for resizing the map.
Without the excellent work of CellKu this fast version
of TGW-DIV would not have been possible. Other credits:
See TGW-DIV 1.3.

Rocoteh
Sorry is a little fuzzy for me. I want to run the fast Div version, so what do I have to download and install?

Thanks

QBaTrack said:
Sorry is a little fuzzy for me. I want to run the fast Div version, so what do I have to download and install?

Thanks

QBaTrack,

You shall download and install the TGW-DIV folder and
the TGW-DIV Fast 1.0 file.

Rocoteh

Justifier said:

-There is a railroad line from İstanbul to Arabia and Iraq in 1914(constructed by Germans before the war).Arabian line destroyed by Arap rebels(or freedom fighters,it is up to you)(leading by Lawrance,British agent) in war.

-Turkish map has so few cities.And most of them are too advanced.There weren't factories and some other important buildings in all the cities in 1914.I don't know other countries but i guess there must some mistakes like that.

-You should use mountains instead of hills on East Turkey.Because there are a lot of high mountains like Ağrı(more than 5000 metres).

They are my first foundings.I will send other messages if i find something else.But i must thank you for this scenario.You made a great job!Good works.

Thanks.

Justifier,

Notes have been taken with regard to version 1.5.

Thank you.

Rocoteh

riley555 said:
This map is to easy as Germany. Simply build a trench/machine gun shield on the western front to contain France then do an all-out offensive against Russia. From Switzerland to the Belgian coast put 5-10 machine gunners with trenches on each square with a few reserves behind them, then throw everything else at Russia. Although, since Austria well-ny useless it takes a while to beat Russia to her knees.

riley555,

Do you refer to TGW, TGW-DIV or both of them?

Rocoteh

Kristian95 said:
Btw, historically the Germans should have to use quite a number of their soldiers to help the Austrians, as the Russian military was able to defeat the Austrians at several times!

Kristian95,

Yes, you are right. However its almost impossible to reflect
within the current game-engine.

Also: Welcome back to the thread.

Rocoteh

True, with the reports on modability for CivIV I think we have something to look forward to there :)
Btw, thank you for the WB Rocoteh :) I've been reading this thread all along, just haven't had anything intelligent to add for a while ;)

Kristian95 said:
True, with the reports on modability for CivIV I think we have something to look forward to there :)
Btw, thank you for the WB Rocoteh :) I've been reading this thread all along, just haven't had anything intelligent to add for a while ;)

Kristian95,

After that I have got CivIV I plan to spend at least 3-4 weeks
to analyse all aspects of the new game-system.

BTW: Sarevok reports on his own site that he plans a huge
industrial-era scenario for CivIV.

Rocoteh

I am the Future said:
It seems anacurate WW1 scenario would be near impossible.
No movement in Real war.

I am the Future,

You have really a point there.

Still I have plans for a new WW1-scenario where I will
try to simulate the stalemate in the war.

Rocoteh

Rocoteh, I am sure you will be be succesful! Just look at this wonderful Scenario that Sarevok and you were able to make even with the limitations in the current AI and engine :)

Kristian95 said:
Rocoteh, I am sure you will be be succesful! Just look at this wonderful Scenario that Sarevok and you were able to make even with the limitations in the current AI and engine :)

Kristian95,

Thank you.

It will probably be a World War I Global scenario.
The other alternative is a map of Europe and part of North America.

Rocoteh

Top Bottom