1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Great War

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Sarevok, Jan 25, 2004.

?

What do you think of this scenario?

1. Its Great! one of the best out there!

258 vote(s)
    54.3%
  2. Its a good scenario

119 vote(s)
    25.1%
  3. Its ok

40 vote(s)
    8.4%
  4. I dont like it

58 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

I'll bite at the shameless bump. LOL

After I'm done with my current work (WW2 Global - Reloaded) I plan on reloading this scenario via my vision of it. I've got some great ideas for a revised tech tree as well as just general freshening up the units, terrain, and interfaces.

Tigranes, myself, and a couple of other players have been busy play testing a revised PBEM version of this great scenario. Check out the PBEM section. ;)

2. wants to know

wants to know Chieftain

hey, realize people may not be reading this still but if anyone is could they help me install this scenario. I can get to the choose civ screen, then the configuring scenario bar shows up stops, and i have to exit the game, not sure if files are in the wrng place or if i'm missing some, but help would be apreciated

3. Nexxo

Nexxo Prince

What exactly is the problem, could you post some screenshot or write exactly what you see on screen when game exit.

4. Angelle

Angelle Chieftain

Have you try waiting long enough? The scenario might take some time to load.

5. Wolfshade

Wolfshade Little Winger

Yes, wants to know, if it's a huge scenario - you'll have to wait some time to load it completely. My own mod is about 400 MB and it takes about 10 seconds of loading, temporarily "freezing" up on 38% & 72%.

6. wants to know

wants to know Chieftain

yeah, i've waited not sure entirely how long, maybe 45 minutes, but the it seems to stop loading at the configuring scenario part ofthe load up, i can see the box in the bottom right of the map, with the info, and the option buttons in the top left but the screen is black, maybe it is the load time, but this happens with every scenario i try downloading and playing.

7. Rocoteh

Rocoteh Deity

Maybe you should try the Division-level version of TGW.
    It will load within less then a minute on my 7 years old computer.
    Note that you must download both the TGW-DIV folder
    and the TGW-DIV 1.6 biq file:

http://www.stormoverciv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=520

Rocoteh

8. wants to know

wants to know Chieftain

can i also get specific instructions on how place the files and install the game, i just want to make sure i can actually play

9. wants to know

wants to know Chieftain

I've got the two files you mentioned above, now if i can just get help on how to exactly install them i'd be mighty grateful

10. superbounce7

superbounce7 Augustus

All you have to do is place both the folder and the .biq in the scenario folder under conquests. So it should look like this for the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios\TGW-DIV
    and this for the .biq: C:\Program Files (x86)\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios\TGW-DIV 1.6

11. wants to know

wants to know Chieftain

sorry it's been awhile, but just now got around to starting to install them, will do what is recommended and cross my fingers

12. wants to know

wants to know Chieftain

so, just to confirm, ALL, the downloaded files go into the scenarios section of the conquests file

13. vmxa

vmxa Deity Supporter

Yes all should go into their own folder in the C3C scenario folder. The biq needs to be in the scenario folder, but not in the same folder as the download.

14. wants to know

wants to know Chieftain

got it to work, playing as the germans, games awesome, the tile colors are slightly confusing but still looks cool, damn brits keep shelling ypres though, their navy is so huge

15. B-29 Bomber

B-29 Bomber Prince

Hi, I keep getting this error when I try playing this scenario:

Missing entry in "text\Pedialcon.txt": ANIMNAME_PRTO_France

Then it closes the game. What is it? and How do I rectify it?

16. Chanceywilde

Chanceywilde Chieftain

Tried to download and play. Download successful, but crashed before start up saying there were error files in Pediaicons text. I have gotten similar message for 3-4 diff games on CF. I am new, but have loaded these type games before into Scenerio folder. Conquest/Scenerio. I unzip test and art file in Scenerio and then unzip .bic file there. The games try to load then say there is a unit specific Pediaicon text error. I have even downloaded patches, etc. Any advice??

17. krwhitinglaw

krwhitinglaw Chieftain

I'm playing Austria-Hungary. In the second week, I stole the flamethrower tech from Germany. But while I now have the tech, and the saltpeter, I can't build the flamethrower units in any of my cities. I can't find any reason in the civilopedia for the problem. Anyone have any ideas?

18. krwhitinglaw

krwhitinglaw Chieftain

Figured it out. AH can't build flamethrower units for some reason. Simply not allowed. Much like Germany, very oddly, can't make submarines.

That being said, I love this scenario. Still playing it. Still loving it (and my young boys have learned a great deal about European geography and some history from playing it). And great thanks to Sarevok for making it (even if he did try to hunt me down for thousands of hours in BG).

19. TomYo689

TomYo689 Emperor

Which one do I download? Do I need every link to play the scenario?

20. steffenopolis

steffenopolis Chieftain

Downloaded the Division 1.6 and biq and this is what I get. Error reading file. Missing entry in "text\Pedialcons.txt": ANIMNAME_PRTO_Engineer. The game will now exit. Any one know whats going on?