• Total voters
Carl_0914

Thank you for the positive words.

Looking forward to playtest-reports.

Best Regards

Rocoteh

Sarevok,

My theory is that most people only play a scenario
a couple of hours, then try a new one and so on.

There are exceptions of course, but not so many.

Best Regards

Rocoteh

ei..... new graphics for the militarized border between germany and france would add a new depth in the game. this frontline is important not until the germans broke thru belgium.....

Carl_0914,

I guess Sarevok will take care of that in TGW 1.2.

However I do not know when he plans to release
that.

Best Regards

Rocoteh

Perhaps the British would be more willing to fight if you upped their aggressiong level? I'm not sure how aggression level works thought; it may just affect how a civ settles, makes demands, declares war, ect. I don't know if it has any effect on the AI's actions once a war has already started.

Consider having the BEF start in France as well.

Rocoteh and Sarevok, I totally understand your need for play reports. Until now, I could only play a few turns as I was very busy these days. Since I have already put down some notes during the first turns, I will provide them here, along with some questions. :)

I am playing the German Empire on Emperor level – I think it would be helpful if all players provided the level of their games, as well, when reporting about their game. That would make it easier to assess their comments. :)

1.) I cannot agree with what was mentioned in a previous post that the Russians are not very aggressive. Although they advanced slowly, they sent quite a huge force to my eastern border.

2.) On the other hand the Belgians seem to be "irrationally" aggressive. Although they had only about 20 or so units in total, they piled up at least half of them in front of Essen right after the first turn. Despite the fact that I had sent a massive force (at least 50-60 units) to Liege already! I thought they would defend their city at all cost! However, their “strategy” left Liege almost defenseless with only about two units – it made me wondering why I had sent so many troops to Belgium. :confused:

3.) Did you change the defense bonus for hills? I was able to defeat 10 French Infantries that stood on a hill. Although fighting uphill – with infantries – I lost only one infantry myself. With a normal hill defense bonus I think I should have lost more. If you did not change anything then it might have been a problem of C3C and you shouldn't worry about it. :)

4.) While playing I noticed that I didn’t have the technology to build zeppelins and planes. However, I have some of these units to use. Since I haven’t seen any comments about this before in this thread, I would like to ask what the idea was behind that. :confused:

I will try to get some more time to play further as it is real fun!! :) :)

CellKu

considering the BEF:

I was thinking of putting the BEF in france, but they came 2-3 weeks into the war...

1) russia is highly agressive in my game as well
2) I havent seen them do that, but the french I have seen to do that. They have lots of units in southern Belgium while im camping outside of Paris.
3) No I didnt, do you have some suggestions?
4) Techs are already planned to be fixed in 1.2

Rocoteh,

It sound like yu may be a war games from way back too! I bought Tactics II in 1961 when I was 13 years old. I bought most of the Avalon Hill war games and subscribed to SPI from 1970 until they went belly-up ~ 1980. I also knew all the founders and management at Ral Partha if you ever heard of them. They made the leaded figures and other miniatures from 1976 until they folded a few years ago. I live in the Cincinnati area.

froglegs,

Yes I started with wargames 40 years ago when
die roll 1 1-1 -6-1 always resulted in D elim.

Like you I also saw the rise , decline
and fall of S.P.I.

Yes I have heard about Ral Partha. I think its always
positive when wargamer-veterans post here in the
forums. We really share memorys of the old days.

I live in Europa but my family name is much more
known in US and in fact very known in Cincinnati.

Best Regards

Rocoteh

CellKu,

Thank you for your very interesting
playtest-report.

As I have said earlier they are of crucial value for
further development of the scenario.

Best Regards

Rocoteh

Sarevok,

Yes, all the major powers (with the exception of The Ottoman
Empire) should be able to build all ship-types from start.

Best Regards

Rocoteh

Sarevok, is there any chance to implement a “Russian Revolution”? (If you have implemented something like that already ans I should have overlooked it then don’t bother. However I can’t remember having seen something like that.)

As the Russians are quite strong and have such a huge amount of cities to build units, it would be nice to have something that reduces Russian forces at a certain time. (It would be the opposite of the “American war entry”-tech.)

As I know that C3C has no event trigger or something like that, I thought of a wonder or a tech.

a.) As a wonder it start producing “revolutionary” (anti-Russian) units or, even better – if that is possible which I don’t know –, the wonder could instead of increasing power or speed of units actually decrease the power of (Russian) units. Thus Russian units get weaker. Well, I am not sure if that is possible. When I had a look at the editor I was not quite sure how it could be implemented.

b.) Another option could be to have it as a tech and make it stop Russian reinforcements as soon as it is researched.
Well that is just a suggestion. :)

CellKu

Originally posted by Sarevok
considering the BEF:

I was thinking of putting the BEF in france, but they came 2-3 weeks into the war...

Oh, I forgot the BEFs in my previous post.
Does it matter that they came to France only 2-3 weeks into the war? After all, if I remember correctly, Italy joined the war in 1915 - siding with the Entente - and it is in a locked alliance in the game from the start.

CellKu

Top Bottom