The Greate Zoroastrianism Challange. (Only for Zoroastrian fans and affiliates)

kairob

Biohazard
Ok so, the arguments about whether or not to include it. Now I really do think the game would work better with Zoroastrianism, and so I planned to create a zoroastrian mod, and then an inquizitor mod for RFC. And when it was finished to ask Rhye if I could post it here for other people.

It has been about 12 hours of non stop work and to cut a long story short I can't do it. Trust me I tried everything within my ability. However as a consquence I havn't got his permission for this yet, so...

...pending Rhye's permission does anyone else who is better at this sort of thing than I am, Like the Idea of Removing Religions, or having Zoroastrianism enough to try it themselves?

I don't think it's a good idea to have it in the game (What is the point of religion in Civ? Mostly diplomatic benefits as I see it), but I will try anyway.

I recon if it could be discovered by a tch persia always gets first, or starts with that others don't get by its spawn then it would be founded in persiapolis/parsi when the persians spawned. Monerchy springs to mind.

And I know not many people will have it but it is a better option than Judaism no?

Any thanks to anyone who helps me in this endeavour :)

It's not that hard really, I've knocked up something just now.

Download: http://meat.arvixe.com/~joeyroe/Zoroastrianism for RFC.zip

Here's the readme:
Spoiler :
ZOROASTRIANISM FOR RHYE'S AND FALL OF CIVILIZATION
by Joseph Roe (aka Umarth)

This is a small and relatively 'quick and dirty' modcomp that adds Zoroastrianism
to Rhye's excellent Civilization IV mod.

Features:

* Judaism 'reskinned' as Zoroastrianism by changing text and incorporating graphics
from abbamouse's Realistic Religions mod.
(http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=141585)

* Changed the scripted event which has Judaism spawning in Jerusalem to Zorastrianism
spawning in Susa (it spawns a bit early, but not as much so as Judaism does in RFC)

Limitations:

* The bonuses associated with Judaism are transferred to Zoroastrianism unchanged.

* Translation is patchy, bordering on non-existent.

Installation:

* Unzip to BTS Folder\Mods

* You may want to back up your "Rhye's and Fall of Civilization" folder first.

I'm using this in my game now. I hope someone else can find a use for it.

Good, I will study today instead! The next project I have in mind is slightly more ambitious... Protestantism.

Hmm. If Protestantism, why not Orthodoxy too? Or Shia for that matter?

Simply, Christianity gets a shair of 35% + in most games which makes it the superreligion, leading Mansa Musa for example to switch to Christianity as soon as one city of his has it (despite the rest being muslim).

It is not a question of Realism, it is more one of gameplay. Having said this, I would think that Protestantism isn't the best name. What would its holy city be and all. Plus we are shutting out Orthodoxy...

Regarding the topic of the thread: Interesting, we'll see!

m

My work seems to be moving along smoothly, though I haven't tested anything yet.

Indeed, the justification (by faith alone! :) ) of Protestantism is that
(a) Christianity is too powerful
(b) A split might change that
(c) Eastern Orthodoxy didn't have as big an influence on inter-Christian religious wars as Protestantism did. (The looting of Byzantium was bad and all, but it's no Thirty Years' War.)
(d) If we're really nit-picking, the Orthodox Churches are more similar to Roman Catholicism than all but a few of the Protestant denominations, including (ironically enough) the Lutherans.
(e) Shi'a Islam would serve very little purpose in my opinion. The Muslim world is already at enough of a disadvantage in RFC without a schism on top.

I don't envisage Protestantism having a holy city - it doesn't really fit in with the nature of the thing. Besides, if the way I'm programming it works right, it doesn't need one.

By the way, I have two college assignments due for Tuesday that I intended to finish today. That is why I am spending so much time on this - it is a convenient distraction.

Úmarth;6332185 said:

Here's the readme:
Spoiler :

This is a small and relatively 'quick and dirty' modcomp that adds Zoroastrianism

Features:

* Judaism 'reskinned' as Zoroastrianism by changing text and incorporating graphics

* Changed the scripted event which has Judaism spawning in Jerusalem to Zorastrianism
spawning in Susa (it spawns a bit early, but not as much so as Judaism does in RFC)

Limitations:

* The bonuses associated with Judaism are transferred to Zoroastrianism unchanged.

Installation:

Damn! I've done one of the "Reskining Judaism" variety.

As for translation, all I did was Copy the Wikipedia entrys for the various languages to the civilopedia/gametextinfos.

EDIT: Yours is a lot better than mine, but can I suggest moving the tech to Monarchy, as Kai suggested?

It would be founded a little late then, I think. Anyway, I didn't want to substantially alter game play, just a "reskin" like I said.

Úmarth;6332185 said:

Here's the readme:
Spoiler :

Features:

Limitations:

Installation:

Sorry for resuming this old discussion but I'm growing tired of Judaism, so I wanted to ask: will this modcomp work with any version unless Judaism itself is modified ?

cool feature, i think there are only two things that RFC lacks and those are dynamic religions (ancient = hellenism, zoroastrianism, mesopotamian polytheism et cetera) that change depending on who is the human player (if human != persia, their religion gets destroyed should persia be destroyed and replaced with whatever fits) - and flavoured units.

anyway is there a chance you can do a hellenic religion (perhaps greek polytheism)?

I agree and I think their should be ancient religions (greek, egyptian, mesopatmian, judaism and zorastrian) and then after the founding of of Islam and Christianity let the religions slowly die out like they did in real history, i think rhye should add this system into the next update. I'm fed up of having a jewish greece and egypt!:mad:

or why not we just have the zorastrian religion plus judaism, why does one have to replace the other??

what happend on July 3 2008??

I'm working on a modcomp right now that includes, among many other things, Hellenism and Zoroastrianism (as replacements for Judaism and Confucianism). I implemented a gradual dieoff for Hellenism after Christianity is founded, but it's a bit annoying to have ancient religions with no replacements in later starts. I'm going to look into dynamic replacements, but I suspect it would require SDK modding to change the loading of the icon font files.

Top Bottom