1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Greate Zoroastrianism Challange. (Only for Zoroastrian fans and affiliates)

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by kairob, Jan 5, 2008.

1. The Turk

The Turk Chieftain

can't you keep Judaism and Confusanism??

2. The Turk

The Turk Chieftain

I downloaded the mod then i unzipped it, then loaded the mod (and i got rid of the unneccessary folder) but then how do i start the game, because its just on the normal BTS screen?

3. Al-Iskander

Al-Iskander Chieftain

Just in case anyone's curious, this modcomp works for RAND too. Just unzipped it into that folder instead and it works fine.

4. The Turk

The Turk Chieftain

oh so we have to unzip it into the rhye's and fall folder first?

5. Al-Iskander

Al-Iskander Chieftain

Yes. It's not a full Mod, but a simple Modcomp (Mod Component, I believe), meaning that you just unzip it into the folder of the Mod you want to, well, modify, and then you're ready to rock.

6. The Turk

The Turk Chieftain

and what happens if I download another modcomp into the file, will the zorastrian relgion still work with the other modcomp??
    I don't have an RFC folder, so i just put it into RFC1181 (update) folder within my mods folder is that ok?

7. The Q-Meister

The Q-Meister Chieftain

That would be excellent! Closer and closer to an ancient RFC which IMO would be absolutely fantastic as I've stated many times there silmply isn't enough time to do everything that was done historically in the classical era (create huge empires, build wonders, religious temples, establish large, cultural cities, etc)

8. The Turk

The Turk Chieftain

ah;) now i understand

9. Cethegus

Cethegus Chieftain

If we had all that time, the first condition in the French UHV would become nearly impossible.

10. Al-Iskander

Al-Iskander Chieftain

Brief Background: I want to mod in Manichaeism instead of Zoroastrianism for my own use (please, no "should be in" debates right here right now). I began mucking through the \Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4ReligionInfo.xml file, and found that the one in the Zoroastrian mod differs significantly from that in RFCRAND: the rates at which the various religions spread. This comes from the difference in the value called "spreadfactor". The Zoroastrianism mod uses the values from core RFC, and not the ones from RAND.

To illustrate the various values between the Zoroastrianism mod or RAND and RFC-core in its most recent iteration respectively:

Zoroastrianism: 100 vs. Judaism: 50
    Christianity: 100 vs. Christianity: 100
    Islam: 200 vs. Islam: 150
    Hinduism: 30 vs. Hinduism: 80
    Buddhism: 100 vs. Buddhism: 140
    Confucianism: 50 vs. Confucianism: 80
    Taoism: 50 vs. Taoism: 70

If I understand that right, it means that Zoroastrianism spreads faster than Judaism, Islam spreads faster than it does in RAND, and all of the remaining religions save Christianity spread somewhat to much slower than Rhye currently wants them to in the RAND game, which may at least contribute to the "religionless Europe" phenomenon some people have been seeing.

I'll leave it up to you guys to decide for yourselves whether or not to change it, but it's something that I wasn't even aware of until earlier and thought I'd share.

If you do decide that you want the values Rhye intended, I've attached the corrected \Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4ReligionInfo.xml file as a .rar.

If I find other differences, I'll say so here :)

11. Úmarth

Úmarth Megalomaniac

My bad, I tweaked those rates a long time ago and completely forgot about it when I was writing the Zoroastrianism mod.

12. Al-Iskander

Al-Iskander Chieftain

It's ok, I didn't even know they existed until just last night :)

13. 3Miro

3Miro Chieftain

And I thought the spread rate for the religions is coded into the .dll file. Umarth, can you confirm that those rates have actual effect in the game? The .dll values could be additional modifiers.

14. caketastydelish

caketastydelish 49ers 2019

Now I must disagree with you here. Islam gets the entire middle east, parts of Africa, generally india, and the philipines and sometimes even more. Especially if they invade Spain. You must bear in mind there special ability is to spread islam to every city the conquer as well as building a cathederal there. The only reason christanity has any "advantage" at all, is because the Europeans invade North and South America, thats it. I would highly dislike a Christian or Muslim split.

Christianity and Islam though, are the two strongest religions of the game. Neither one of them are "underpowered". The strongest religion is either Christanity or Islam, depending. The weakest religion is Judaism. Hinduism is fairly weak since it rarely spreads much past India, if at all. Buddhism is pretty good. Confusanism and daoism are fairly weak, but not as much as Judaism.

If any religions need a boost, its Judaism. But doing so, would be historically inaccurate. The game is historically accurate. Some religons just have advantages over others, thats the reality.

15. Úmarth

Úmarth Megalomaniac

Actually I didn't think they did have any effect. I just never got round to undoing the changes.

16. The Turk

The Turk Chieftain

one thing i'm fed up with is Islam or Buddhism spreading to the New World. If anything other religions can spread to the americas around the 1900 (mass migration) but or else the americas were 100% fully Christian and very devout christians as well

17. Panopticon

Panopticon Utilitarian

I once had a Buddhist California as China. You could do worse than that. ;)

18. Al-Iskander

Al-Iskander Chieftain

This is an Earth-Simulator, remember. If the new world isn't 100% Christian, then you're obviously not converting the locals aggressively enough :)

19. The Turk

The Turk Chieftain

not really, if you haven't noticed some religions spread to some places/cities faster than to other places

20. 3Miro

3Miro Chieftain

I have seen Aztecs completely conquered by China. They we Confucian. Some religions do spread faster then others, but I am not sure if depends on anything else other then trade. There is a chance that religion 1 from city A would spread to city 2 if there is a connected trade network; chance is modified by the spread factor.