1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Greate Zoroastrianism Challange. (Only for Zoroastrian fans and affiliates)

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by kairob, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Hello Everyone,

FYI, Are you aware that we have created an extended Mod that includes Zoroastrianism, almost completely with new buildings, re skinning and religious system?

If you are interested in extracting it out, send me a message. Have a look at it.

Cheers
    Houman

2. The Turk

The Turk Chieftain

I'm intrested PLEASE tell me where i can find it!!!:)
    btw does it exclude judaism?

3. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

No It doesnt exclude Judaism. It excludes Confusianism.
    Check out my signature for the link. Warlords: Total Realism 2.2.1

4. Úmarth

Úmarth Megalomaniac

Houman this is the RFC forum, so as you'd expect we were talking about adding Zoroastrianism to Rhye's mod not to vanilla civ.

5. The Turk

The Turk Chieftain

Is their a version for BTS because I don't think anyone plays RFC on Warlords any more

6. dotf1019

dotf1019 Chieftain

i have a question... how come it is that when someone wants to put a new religion in the game like Zoroastrianism it's always replacing Judaism? Why not replace of the the 3 that are in the asian realm... they are the ones that annoy me. Why not make a mod that focuses on the main religions of the middle east and europe?

7. Panopticon

Panopticon Utilitarian

- Because Judaism spreads in an unrealistic manner, and generally enjoys influence far beyond any reasonable amount for a non-proselytising, racially-based faith.
    - Because they are used in UHVs, Judaism is not.
    - Because then Asian religions would be omitted altogether. RFC Europe might be your thing.

8. dotf1019

dotf1019 Chieftain

yeah actually i can't wait for it
    thanks though for pointing those things out
    why is it not used at all?
    it's a huge part of history

9. Úmarth

Úmarth Megalomaniac

Only in that it spawned Christianity and Islam. The Israelites and their faith itself however weren't ever really big players.

Judaism seemed the obvious choice to replace because of the highly ahistorical way it can spread throughout the near east in game. But you're right I could have equally found justifications for replacing one of the Asian religions. IMO the whole religion system in CIV is silly; it falls into the trap of trying to fit every religion into the Abrahamic, missionary mould and it's hopelessly shallow and oversimplified for such a complex aspect of human civilization.

10. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

@Úmarth

What I mean is you can test it in our mod and extract it out to include it in Rye's Mod. I was trying to give a hand.

Besides your last statement shows you are familiar with Zoroastrianism. :) I like that.

11. Phalanxia

Phalanxia Chieftain

Zoroastrianism ftw. I agree that religion in Civ 4 is done quite badly. Religions seem to pop up randomly in your cities, you can't removes religions, a poor choice of religions... bleh! Tbh, I think you should have removed Confu/Taoism, due to the fact that they are de facto the same (In game ofc), but anything with Zoroastrianism gets my vote!
    Oh btw, I tried Total Realism, but it had a habit of random CTD, so I had to stop =/ The bits I saw were very good though.

12. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

CTDs were in previous versions due Dales combat mod (before Gold series).
    We worked a lot on the religion mod and extended it to give more freedom.

Maybe we could do a brainstorming and see how can improve Zoroastrianism and make it even more realistic?

13. The Turk

The Turk Chieftain

@Houman

Where do I download this file, and is it for BTS RFC?? Because it looks really intresting and i would really like to check it out;)

Thx

14. Phalanxia

Phalanxia Chieftain

Yeah, problem was it was in the Gold version. I know this isn't the TR thread, but a few suggestions as to why would be appreciated. It was really good, and a merging of the two mods (Rhye's and Fall + TR) would be kickass.

15. Verily

Verily Chieftain

Does anyone have this mod still? I just downloaded the new patch, and it overwrote Zoroastrianism. But the old link to the mod is dead.

16. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

@Phalanxia
    @The Turk

Please get the link from my signature. Our conversion to BtS isnt finished yet. It is still Warlords edition.

Regarding Rhye's Zoroastrian Mod's progress I have no idea. After my proposal to brainstorming nothing else came really.

Regards
    Houman

17. Hangly Man

Hangly Man Chieftain

Can someone re-up this mod? The old link seems to be dead :(

18. Úmarth

Úmarth Megalomaniac

Sorry my host likes to change domains around every two minutes... it's very frustrating. The files I linked to earlier are now here
    http://joeyroe.arvixe.com/Zoroastrianism for RFC.zip
    But they're for an old version and I don't think they'll work any more.