The greatest Jihad (RFC:DoC)

Welcome to another of my stories. As I said in my Argentina story, this time I bring you a story set in the medieval age.

You may wonder why I chose Arabia for this one. I did it for 2 reasons.
  • I'm a muslmin :mischief: (I'm an atheist now)
  • I thought it would be fun to play as Arabia and... I'm not going to tell you until the story progresses.

Some of the images are based on a previous attempt at writing a story similar to this one, but the Byzantines beated me.

Settings:
  • Starting year: 600 A.D
  • Speed: Normal
  • Difficulty: Monarch

Chapter 1: Fall of Byzantinum

After waiting just 2 short turns, Arabia begins to kick out. Under Caliph Abu Bakr, he convinced the Diocese of the East, the Diocese of Egypt as well as the Levant to join the newborn religion and to pledge loyalty to the Caliph. Due to the weakness of the Byzantine armies as well as the forces that began to lurk around their frontiers, they had no choice but to accept the Caliphs as their overlord. And so their first territorial gain was won without any struggle. The religion also became widespread across the areas that fell to the caliph.

The Byzantine Emperor of the time, Heraclius, was bitter about this, but he had no choice to accept this humiliation to the name of the Roman Empire. Soon enough, Abu Bakr began to prepare his plan to conquer Byzantinum in god's name. His plan wouldn't be concreted in his life.

However, within 50 years, the muslmin hordes were ready to attack the once proud Byzantine Empire, the last remnant of the Roman Empire. Finally, the Caliph declared war on the Byzantine Empire and sent a huge army of his faithful army of camel archers to war. The results were fruitful.

He, however, could not conquer Consnantinopile. The walls were made to keep invaders like him off. Only in the 10th century the caliph's dream could be completed. Under Al-Muti, his troops gathered outside Byzantinum and began to topple down the walls. However, these walls were resistant, specially for the catapults the Caliph used to bring them down. Finally, he lost his patience and attacked Consnantinopile.

The attack seemed to be a failure at first, but after bombarding his enemy with catapult fire, his camel archers mananged to break through and defeated their enemy.

The Emperor died in the attack and the Byzantine Empire was no more. His grand-stepson, John I Tzimiskes mananged to get through the siege and established the Empire of Crimea.

However, the arabs did not just stop there and pleased with having Consantinopile under their rule. The rest of the seceding states fell as well.

Ooh... Good luck and may your stability not crumple like a paper cup.

It will when the Turks Spawn.

No I haven't. :p
You sure got a lot of camel archers. :D

Chapter 2: Rebels and Invaders

Despite the conquest of the Byzantine Empire and almost all of it's states, there was still rebellion.

After the Egyptians joined the Arabs, it became a haven for rebels. Despite they have been converted to Islam, there were still heretical groups that had to be shut down. The governor appointed by the Arabs in the year 1114 rebelled against the caliph. A few other cities joined the rebels despite those cities were never conquered by the Abbasids. The Abbasids could not accept this, and they declared war on the newly-formed Egyptian Sultanate. Al-Quds (Jerusalem) faced an invasion.

However, the egyptian sultan did a huge mistake. He sent most of his forces to fight the arabs. The arabs destroyed his army and invaded Egypt. Soon, Egypt was retaken by the Arabs and the other provinces that were once part of Egypt regained their independence.

Despite the Sultanate was over, there was still more invaders to be dealt with. To the east, Alp Alrsan unified the Seljuk Turks and invaded the ME. Since the Arabs had most of their army in Egypt, they moved it to the threatened areas which included the Mesopotamia and Turkey. In the whole fight, only Tabriz was lost to the Seljuks.

The Arabs soon recovered and invaded the Seljuk territory. Like the egyptians, the Seljuks proved to do a silly decision by throwing most of their forces into Arabia. The Arabs invaded Iran and destroyed the huge garrison at Isfahan, that was composed of weak forces except by a few longbowmen.

Soon, Tabriz and the rest of Iran fell until Merv.

But the invasions are not over. A second turkic invasion occured beggining in Anatolia. The caliph expected an invasion after seeing the numerous troops from Anatolia. The Empire of Crimea joined them and allowed to take the city as their capital. The turkish invaders were destroyed in Anatolia and the Arabs seized Cheroseneos.

Very impressive. :D

Today's my birthday! :band:. As a present to you all I'm going to give you an update of this story and of the Argentina one.

Chapter 3: More battles, the Jihad continues

Despite the turkish main forces were destroyed, raids on the caliphate by turkish forces continued. The turks were driven off Crimea but they captured Budapest and Trebizon. Also around the same time, more egyptian forces rebelled against the caliph.

This time, they brought gundpowder to use against the arabs. Despite this advatge, they were defeated again, but this time the arabs took over all the cities that the egyptians held, including those who were never touched by the caliph.

Once the arab territory was safe from invasion again, the arabs retook something that was halted due to constant invasions.

The fall of the Byzantine Empire was nothing but the founding stone for the greatest jihad that the Earth will ever witness. So far the results at the fall of the true heir of the roman empire gave fruitful results.

Now, the caliph retook that process and continued the jihad. But who shall be the first targe for this holy war?

After a while, it has been decided that Poland would make a good target for the second target. It was weak and it had several territorial disputes with the Holy Roman Empire, the so called heir of rome, and Russia.

The jihad was more succesful than what it was expected. The councillors feared that the europeans would destroy the invaders as soon as they set foot. However, within a few years, most of the polish army was destroyed. For 20 years, the war continued and Poland was conquered. A polish state was established agreeing to give them autonomy as long as they sumbit to Islam as their sole religion and have the enemies of the caliph as their enemies.

The treaty was harsh to the polish king, but he had no choice but to accept the treaty if he was to later on rebel against the arab caliph.

Happy birthday!:bday:

Good update and :bday:

Chapter 4: Fall of Christendom

Poland was the first late medieval nation that witnessed the full might of the Caliphate. The caliph began to plot the fall of Europe. The Holy Roman Empire was bitter of the arab penetration to the continent, even when it conquered it's weak rival. HRE had enough of the caliph and declared war on him, thinking that he would kick them out of Europe and retake the holy lands from the eternal heathen.

He was wrong. He completely underestimated the strength of these invaders. In a few years, the Arabs defeated the holy romans, stabbing the heir claimant of Rome to it's death.

The remaining duchies refused to aknowledge the caliph and declared their independence from the HRE. This only served to speed up their downfall however, and they too fell to the arabs.

After the fall of the HRE, the caliph declared himself to be the new caesar of a new era for Europe. An era of harmony. An era of progress. However, these were only oral promises. He demanded mainland Europe to recognize him as the new caesar and to sumbit to Allah in exchange of leaving them alone. The europeans did neither of these, so he pushed his jihad on.

His next target was France, who ruled Italy. This would help him a lot in his campaign of declaring himself the heir of Rome. During the jihad, the caliph began to use his polish friend in hopes of less expenses for Arabia.

At last! The eternal city has fallen and islamized! The pope mananged to flee to England for asylum just in time before he was forced to convert. However, he lost most of it's former powers, just like in the early medieval ages. The fact that the pope fled angered the caliph, but at least his main rival was shot down. He continued the conquest of France, and soon it fell to his hands.

He pushed on into Spain, defeated their king and made them surrender. The pope knew this would happen sooner or later, that's why he fled to England instead of Spain. He also knew that the caliph suspected he fled to Norway. Once Spain fell, extensive searches for any track of the pope were done. No results.

Spain is friend of someone not of his religion! :rockon: This is a great moment for not only DoC, nor to Civ 4, nor to Civ Fanatica, but for the whole Civilization franchise!

I'm afraid to ask what your stability is. :/
I have no idea how you conquered all of Europe, it takes me 3 camel archers to just to kill one longbowman. :(

I'm afraid to ask what your stability is. :/
I have no idea how you conquered all of Europe, it takes me 3 camel archers to just to kill one longbowman. :(
Did you not see the red-and-blue hill next to his civ on the scoreboard?

Top Bottom