The History of Humanity-The Lost Stories

just give me some time to create two or three accounts and the vote will change ;) just kidding.

just give me some time to create two or three accounts and the vote will change ;) just kidding.

:assimilate:

:borg: :borg:

Quick! Everyone get everybody they can to vote for the civilization they want!!! :joke:

Still about 1.5 hours left...

Better late than never! Voting closed, this is the game:

Civilization: America Inc. (the Unites States)
Naming of Civilizations: the Unted States of America (America Inc.), Greater Spain (Europa), the Great Southern Alliance (the Great Southern Empire), the Pan-Asiatic People's Cooperative (the Pan-Asiatic People's Cooperative).
Game Options: Vassals allowed, all victories except conquest and domination disabeled, agressive AI.
Goals: Invade South America, then Africa, and also Europe; using nukes whenever they are useful-until the game ends due to the "cracked egg" event.
Extras: The New League of Nations will be built in Toronto. (why Toronto anyway?)
EDIT: I cannot build the NLoN, because Diplomatic Victory is not enabeled! :crazyeye:

*After the meeting of world leaders where The Number Pi declared America to rule the world*

Mongolian Representative: We can not submit to this rule. I propose an alliance. As a gesture that this is not self-serving, I propose China as the leader.
Japanese Representative: I agree. Japan will join this alliance, we cannot resist the Americans and their client kingdoms alone.
Khmer Representative: We have no choice! Khmer agrees.
Chinese Representative: Very well, let the seat of government be in Beijing; together, we can resist any invasion.

Secret meetings were held across the world, hidden from the eyes of American agents. By 2015, the Pan-Asiatic People's Cooperative was formed. The leader of the conferences, only known as The Glorious Leader, became the ruler.

*In Washington*

News Broadcaster: The results are in! By a narrow margin, Mr. Big has won the election against long-standing president-for-very-long-time The Number Pi! The Number Pi appeared indifferent to the results, and said that he was glad that America had a good leader for the future. Mr. Big's first act as president was to reorganise Europe. A plan to place all of Europe under the direct rule of Spain, overlooked by the United States, was enacted. All of Europe, as well as most of Siberia, the North African city of Algiers, and Istanbul, was placed under Spanish control. Only England was upset at this. It requested direct American rule; this request was granted.

In other news, the long unstable Turkish state has finally fallen into civil war. This prompted the transfer of Istanbul to Spain. Also, an Egyptian invasion is underway, Egyptian forces have also recieved American support with the agreement that Egypt will invade India next, to prevent it from joining the Pan-Asiatic People's Cooperative. More on this at 8:00.

*In Australia and New Zealand*

Governor: My report:

...Colonisation progress has been substancial. All except the barren interior of Australia has been colonised, and infastructure is being completed at a rapid pace. New Zealand has also been fully colonised. I ask for the budget to be shifted from colonisation to construction...

*In South America*

News Reporter: Many citizens here are becoming increasingly agitated with the current American and Spanish rule. They look to Egypt as the height of civilization, and are beginning to protest to join it. Due to the recent invasion of India, soldiers are not available to stop the dissent. Many fear that a rebellion soon could prove disasterous.

*In Africa, India, and the Middle East*

Egyptian General: The opposition in India is too much, we may have to admit defeat and pull out, Commander.
American Commander: We will get more soldiers, I've sent a request to Washington to place the remainder of Africa under Egyptian governence, this would solve all manpower shortages, and we could overrun India easily. It is annoying that the People's Cooperative has been sending in supplies and weapons to the Indians, but America is too busy re-organising to conduct a full-scale campaign, unfortunately.
Egyptian General: And what of the unrest in South America? What is going to happen there?
American Commander: From what I understand, nothing is to be done. They want to join Egypt, but anyone here knows that Egypt is too streatched to govern all that land- it will be difficult enough to govern Africa, let alone South America; then there's India and the Middle East... I hope Mr. Big doesn't agree to the demands, he should just send in the soldiers.

15 years later...

The year is 2030. The world has fallen apart.

In South America, the American government agreed to rebel demands, South America is now ruled by Egypt, Africa too. Campaigns in India and the Middle East proved sucessful, and the regions were annexxed. Instability caused by taking so much land so quickly shattered the continents. The Lady rules all of it, in name only. The most centralised thing there is is a large net of alliances, slowly growing stronger.

In Europe, America and Spain had a falling out. American attempts to direct Spanish policies and plans worked for a time-until His Excelency became leader. He wants independence and power for Spain, and has the ability to make it so. Spain broke free from America in 2027, and America (caught in the midst of a great depression) was unable to act. This also led the Southern Alliance to withdraw from American influence the next year.

In East Asia, the Cooperative has grown stronger. Huge numbers of espionoge missions brought it to technological equality with the former American-led nations, and it was an even greater threat. Still sore over the loss of India, and nervous about Spain's new expansionalist leader, a huge arms buildup has followed.

In North America, as well as the other American holdings, the United States has fallen from its glory. The network of indirect rule proved disasterous, now there were two large rebel nations facing it; angry for any number of reasons. There was also the dangerous Pan-Asiatic People's Cooperative in the Far East-another danger. Mr. Big was not as much of a warmonger as The Number Pi had been, and was reluctant to intervene with force when it could hae saved the empire, he then had to work through a long Great Depression, that America is still shaking from; but it was not enough, and The Number Pi is back in power (as of 2045), and he plans to bring America back to its former glory.

Present day: 2057

The United States has recovered from the Great Depression, returning with a vengence, it plans to retake its empire by any means necessary The Number Pi became president-for-very-long-time again after Mr. Big was impeached and new elections were held. Spain has become a significant military power: it could easily take down the two weaker powers in Eurasia, and from there, conquer the Americas. The Southern Alliance has centralised somewhat, and can now act with unified purpose- left alone it could dominate the globe due to its limitless resources and unrivaled scope. The Cooperative has only grown in strength. Given time to fully reach its industrial potential, it could lead the world.

The world emerged from the Great War in 2007 with America as the leader. Now it was divided, with an even larger and more devestating war on the way. Either one nation can emerge triumphant, or none.

This is Next War mod, right?
Great idea!
Did you actually played the game, or invented it?

This is Next War mod, right?
Great idea!
Did you actually played the game, or invented it?

Yes, this is Next War. That was not the game, it was the explanation of events leading up to the game.

Wow... that was beautiful.

Now, good luck and good hunting! :salute:

Thank you!

:ninja:

EDIT: I have an update coming, I just have to type it. :D

[waiting for the update, hoping it will be great, fun, full of adventure and surprises] :crazyeye:

Spoiler :

In the year 2057, there were four powers in the world: Spain, America, the Southern Alliance, and the Cooperative. Each controlled vast lands, billions of citizens, and millions of soldiers.

The Number Pi: Back in office! Well, let's see... America should take South America in the short term... long term will be total world domination. Let the recruitment and weapons buildup begin!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler :

Despite the differences between the Powers, some cooperation was present, America and the Cooperative established fair trade deals.

The Number Pi: Would you agree to these deals?
The Glorious Leader: Certainly.
*once The Glorious Leader leaves*
The Number Pi: I think he might betray me, keep a lookout.

Spoiler :

And so the Pacific Watch Fleet was established.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler :

America entered into a short golden age, due to The Number Pi's switch back to the government structure of the past American Empire. The transition was smooth and uneventful from the government imposed by Mr. Big during his term.

The Number Pi: Back to the good old days! Sacrifice a GP, change civics...
Advisors: Not this guy again!
Spoiler :

The Number Pi: I do not want Spain founding a city here, so I'll take the spot myself.

During the great depression during te term of Mr. Big, almost all of Ireland left, with too few people remaining, The Number Pi began a resettlement program, offering tax breaks and other incentives for people to settle the island once again.
Spoiler :

The Number Pi: The more espionoge, the better. At least, it can't hurt.

The Scotland Yard was constructed in Washington to improve American espionoge efforts. It was the mirror of the olf Interpol, and functioned exactely the same.
Spoiler :

The Number Pi: I thought I already founded these...?

American corporate economic efforts were greatly increased at this time. Construction and mining companies were re-established. Mr. Big, during his reign, had attempted to give his corporation "America Inc." a monopoly. In the end, it was one of the causes of the Great Depression, and the company went bankrupt. Recovery came with new corporations.
Spoiler :

Seeing this American revival, His Excelency offered a trade agreement to America, which was gladly accepted.

His Excelency: Spain offers America this deal.
The Number Pi: Great! Now I can map out your lands for conquest... I mean... trade is the first step to re-integration and mutual prosparity.
Spoiler :

The Number Pi: That science show is probabily about flying.

America, fearing falling behind in the tech race, financed educational television. This resulted in inspiration for the pilot who flew around the globe first, earning America admiration from all nations.
Spoiler :

In 2098, the uneasy peace between the powers broke, as the Cooperative and Spain declared war on the Southern Alliance. With their combined military strength, many American war strategists thought that the Southern Alliance had little time left, and that Spain and te Cooperative would next join forces against America.

The Number Pi: We will have to invade soon. If we take South America, we can quickly get a foothold in Southern Africa, and move up to Europe from there.
Spoiler :

The Number Pi: Well they are not wasting any time with the nukes I see.

The Second Great War quickly turned nuclear, as the Southern Alliance launched multiple tactical nuclear warheads at the Spanish city of Istanbul, millions of soldiers and civilians died in the explosions and from the radiation.
Spoiler :

The Lady: Panama City is starving! We cannot afford to divert resources to save them! Please, could you send food to the city?
The Number Pi: If you had remained an American vassal I would; but you rebelled, and your people will suffer.

Famine struck the Southern city of Panama City, thousands died, as the government was still to weak to bring in supplies, and the United States was unsympathetic to the Southern Alliance after it broke free.
Spoiler :

The Glorious Leader: The Number Pi, although you have refused a few years ago to join our war against the Southern Alliance; perhaps you would reconsider? An attack in South America would cripple them.
The Number Pi: Hmmm... well I suppose there will never be a better opportunity... very well.
The Glorious Leader: *evil grin* And I suppose America will need military equipment to fight? The Cooperative would be willing to make some sales an-
The Number Pi: Why don't we take a short walk to the War Room?

The pictures for this part will be in the next post, in a minute or two :)

Spoiler :

The Number Pi: As you can see, America is easily strong enough to defeat the Southern forces. And there are even a few hidden suprises...
The Glorious Leader: :eek: :eek: :eek: ... I mean, no, that military is too weak; one regiment of my soldiers is larger and stronger; however, it should be enough for you to hold back them until the Cooperative and Spain can come to your aid.

The American military had been builtup for 50 years. It was poised to strike at the Southern Alliance, invading South America and disabeling reinforcements. The initial strike would be crippling.

Would the story be better if I used the format of the introduction, instead of this one? I think that it would seem more interesting that way.

Ooh! Will there be Final Frontier or Afterworld next?

Sorry, no. This story is what heppens before The History of Humanity, so I want to try to end it so that it will make sense when both are read together.

So the order of events in the History of Humanity universe would be:

historical-ish human history (this story, RFC part)-->futureistic world war (this story, Next War part)-->rebuilding of civilization and space colonisation (History of Humanity, Neoteric World part)-->interstellar war and human ascendancy (History of Humanity, Final Frontier Plus part).

I'm writing the stories out of order. :crazyeye:

EDIT: DarthCaesar beat me to it.

Sorry, no. This story is what heppens before The History of Humanity, so I want to try to end it so that it will make sense when both are read together.

So the order of events in the History of Humanity universe would be:

historical-ish human history (this story, RFC part)-->futureistic world war (this story, Next War part)-->rebuilding of civilization and space colonisation (History of Humanity, Neoteric World part)-->interstellar war and human ascendancy (History of Humanity, Final Frontier Plus part).

I'm writing the stories out of order. :crazyeye:

EDIT: DarthCaesar beat me to it.

:goodjob:

Spoiler :

The Number Pi: Nuke them! This should help the Spanish, at the least it will desevtate the Southern homelands.

The Second Great War saw heavy use of tactical nuclear missles by the Americans in its opening days. From their bases in Athens, a few were launched, though the Southern SDI system shot one down.
Spoiler :

The Number Pi: 2 out of three is not too bad... I call this a success.

The East African First Strike Nuclear Submarine Unit carried a deadly cargo. Three tactical nuclear missles were launched as the ship moved south along the coast, only at the last launch did the computers abord the Southern SDI finally lock on and fire.
Spoiler :

The Number Pi: Still 1/3 are shot down? Reasonable enough with 50% evasion on 75% interception rates.
Advisor: Ummmm, isn't it just the fact that it takes the satelites time to aim?
The Number Pi: Ummm, yes... that's what I meant...

The West African First Strike Nuclear Submarine Unit was just as sucessful. All these nuclear explosions had a price though; beyond global warming and radiation...

Spoiler :

The Number Pi: Well, considering that that is the point of this story I take no warning... I mean, not likely! Keep up the nukes!
Spoiler :

COLOR="RoyalBlue"]The Number Pi:[/COLOR] This is strangly familiar, invading northern South America from the Carribbean with a large army...

American soldiers first entered South America in the amphibious invasion of Caracas; the same region where America first invaded the continent in the First Great War.
Spoiler :

The Number Pi: The Panama Canal! Something I never bothered to build before! 1 army for each coast, and they will meet in the south...

Panama City was also taken as well, shortly after Caracas. America not had a vital canal, and both armies were in place to invade the rest of the continent.
Spoiler :

The Number Pi: I really wish I could have destroyed that army...

A secondary strike from Athens by America failed, as the Southern Alliance's SDI syatem caught the missile just in time.
Spoiler :

Sorry for the bad screenshot, I did not notice this for a long time.

The Number Pi: PEACE?!?! They are just like the Incans!!! Do they not see that the Soutern Alliance is weak enough to be invaded and conquered??? WHAT REASON COULD THEY POSSIBLE HAVE TO MAKE PEACE?!?!?!

Against all expectations, once America joined the war; both Spain and the Cooperative pulled out, leaving America alone to face the largest and strongest of the Powers.
Spoiler :

The Number Pi: Lucky for us, most of their soldiers are in Africa, India, and the Middle East.

The invasion continued as planned, with the eastern army taking the city of Damascus in 2109.
Spoiler :

Soldier from the East Army: I bet you $100 that we get to Rio de Janiero before you!
Soldier from the West Army: Not a chance! You have too many cities to take! We'll be there first!

American morale was extremely high. Soldiers did not worry about defeat, and some even placed bets on which army would reach the region's capital first.
Spoiler :

Commander: My report President Pi:
Both armies are advancing rapidly. As long as garrison troops keep arriving at their current speed, we should be able to maintain it. The enemy's morale is crumbling; they fear out assauly mechs greatly. Out stealth bombers destroy any hope they have of organized resistance. The war is essencially won, but we must keep a lookout for surprises.
The Number Pi: Good, keep up the good work. In fact, send a general back to fund an academy of war, if you can spare one.
Commander: It can easily be done.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

The "city" of Hyderbad was burned down during the battle that took place in it. It was simple too small to stand through a full-scale fight. The few remaining citizens joined the Southern Alliance's army as partisan fighters; though they had virtually no impact on the war.

Where are they? The city was auto-razed,could that be it?
Spoiler :

Severe weather patterns (some say due to the nuclear detonations) destroyed arces of good farmland in North America. Workers were quickly sent to repair the damage.

The Number Pi: Could be worse, could be better. At least I have workers to fix it before the city starves.
Spoiler :

In 2116, Cuiaba fell to the American army. Nothing could stand in the way of the advancing American mechs, tanks, and bombers.

The Number Pi: I'm surprised that they continue to fight, I would be begging for peace, or using nukes, either one.
Spoiler :

The first American dreadnought was constructed in 2116. It was named "Warpig" and had an impressive crew of 10,742; weighing in at 750 tonns. Such power was made possible through 5 cold fusion generators.

The Number Pi: Great! I want this one to stay in North America, just in case there is an amphibious assault; the war in the south is pretty much won anyway.
Spoiler :

His Excelency: So, what do you think of this deal?
The Number Pi: It's a good deal.
His Excelency: So you will accept it?
The Number Pi: You did not ask if I would accept it, just what I thought of it.
His Excelency: Fine... would you accept this deal?
The Number Pi: Sure, we should work together to defeat the Southern Alliance.
His Excelency: Ummmm... you do realise that Spain and the Cooperative have been at peace with the Southern Alliance since 2108, right?
The Number Pi: Oh... ummm yes. Never mind.
*His Excelence leaves*
The Number Pi: *to advisors* WHY WAS THIS NOT IN THE 2108 REPORT?!?!
Advisor: It was, you were just too busy invading the Southern to notice. See?

Spoiler :

The Number Pi: AARRRGHHH!! :wallbash: :hammer2:
Spoiler :

The armies continued to advance quickly. They did not even stop for reinforcements.

The Number Pi: Woohoo! Another city!
Spoiler :

Commander: President Pi! The western army has taken Memphis.
The Number Pi: Great! Not only--
*other comm link rings*
The Number Pi: One minute please, commander.
General: We have taken Rio de Janiero! Only Memphis remains now President!

Spoiler :

The Number Pi: I will be speaking to you both later about communication in the military between armies and central command.

Spoiler :

The Number Pi: Well that went well! I'll make peace once the culture is strong enough, I do not want them founding any cities!

America had succeeded in its immediate war goals. South America had been taken. Once America made peace; the war would be over. However, there was still the problem of untrustworthy war allies to deal with.

Top Bottom