The Hives Are Law, You Are Crime

Lockesdonkey

Liberal Jihadist
I've had Your New Favourite Band on my iPod for a year now, and only realized how awesome these guys are. So I have some things to say:

1. Who else knows the awesomeness of The Hives?
2. What else have they done?
3. A friend of mine says that they're the best live band on Earth now. Is this true, and if so, when will they next be in the Great Lakes region? If they're as good as I hear, I'd drive the five hours to Chicago to see them play.

I have the hives. It really sucks. :(

Steroid cream helps though. :)

Seriously,
I don't really know much about the band, what kind of band is they?

I have the hives. It really sucks. :(

Steroid cream helps though. :)

Seriously,
I don't really know much about the band, what kind of band is they?

Kind of garagish. Really raw guitars. But it doesn't sound like an indistinguishable buzzing mush. Vaguely Velvet Underground-esque, I'd say, though they're funnier, faster, and WAY louder, and the lead singer tends to scream/yell. My friend says that they're Swedish and have a ridiculous, fake-conceited sense of humor; that definitely comes across in their songs. So obnoxiously arrogant VU from Sweden and on speed rather than heroin.

they've always came of as more calculated pop than garage to me, but that isnt to say i don't like them.

They were all the rave about 6 years ago. All my friends liked them, but I always thought they were a very average band. They weren't doing anything different enough to be considered "post-" anything, and they just weren't good enough to get away with making music that sounded like it could've been made by any other band.

Also, I think that comparing bands today with Velvet Underground isn't very instructive.

I like them, Walk Idiot Walk is brilliant. they soujnds more like The Who

they've always came of as more calculated pop than garage to me, but that isnt to say i don't like them.

Calculated pop. Great description.

I thought they were aussies ... (for some unknown reason .... :crazyeye:)

Recommend me one of their albums. :)

I've had Your New Favourite Band on my iPod for a year now, and only realized how awesome these guys are. So I have some things to say:

3. A friend of mine says that they're the best live band on Earth now. Is this true, and if so, when will they next be in the Great Lakes region? If they're as good as I hear, I'd drive the five hours to Chicago to see them play.

No, sorry, I only listen to good music.

I think the Vines would challenge that claim.

I recall them being big when I was in Middle School or early HS. Along with the other The's, The Strokes and The Vines. They were alright then, probably similar now.

Top Bottom